BCT Commander- Save $8.00
winSPWW2- Save $5.00

Go Back   .com.unity Forums > The Camo Workshop > WinSPMBT > TO&Es
Notices

Old May 14th, 2022, 10:32 PM

Second Lieutenant

SaS TrooP is on a distinguished road
Default Thoughts of Denmark OOB

I am crap at making OOBs, so dropping some notes that could be useful. I have a weakness towards Danish Army and would see certain thingys fixed :P

- Infantry unit (qualified as heavy infantry) with M95 rifle, M62 LMG, Hand Grenader and M50 Mortar is available waaaay ahead of historical schedule - back in the 80s. This is most likely a typo as it is available since 1985, and should be 1995;
- For this reason there is no M75 rifle armed heavy infantry section with mortar during the 80s at all :P
- One company of each of Danish mech battalions was motorized. Would be good to see standard infantry with organic light truck transport;
- That company involded a command section, three platoons of three sections as well as three mortar tubes;
- Technically speaking Stingers were probably available in the field around 1988 instead of 1990 - but I got no direct proof for that;
- You removed certain obsolete gear from Danish force kinda too quickly. Achilless tank destroyer should be available up until the end of 1990;
- Home Guard sections armed with Garand rifles should also be available till 1990 - there are pictures of them training with Garands by 1988 at least;
- Generally it would be good idea to divide Home Guard into what we have now (active Home Guard) and Reserve Home Guard - the latter could have access to the older gear as well as get some EXP/MOR penalties. Similar solution is used in East German OOB;
- Denmark was one of the first nations to effectively employ structural combined arms. If one wants to be particularly meticulous, Danish could get combat teams like German, British, French OOBs focusing on tank-heavy and infantry-heavy teams;
Old May 15th, 2022, 12:36 AM

BANNED USER

Karagin is on a distinguished road
Default Re: Thoughts of Denmark OOB

Sounds like you have the info, I would say start with some formations and set up things as you think they should be, then go look for the TO&Es for the Danish forces. I know the TEAM YANKEE gamebooks have good info on TO&Es and some of the other Bolt Action books do as well.

I also raid OSPREY and when my cousin was at NATO I would bug him, but sadly that source passed on back in 2009.
Old May 15th, 2022, 07:41 AM

Lieutenant General

Thanked 1,235 Times in 923 Posts
FASTBOAT TOUGH is on a distinguished road
Fallout Re: Thoughts of Denmark OOB

Current status and structure of the Army you can also from their site access the other service branches.
https://www.forsvaret.dk/en/organisa...rmy/structure/
https://www.forsvaret.dk/da/organisation/haeren/

Also, Denmark is bringing back its heavy armor, I don't believe the units are at FOC yet but to be honest, I lost my focus on that.
https://www.forsvaret.dk/da/organisa...anserbataljon/
Never mind we did get it taken care of START 07/2022.

I would further recommend going through the sites "News" section.

Can tell you a few years back they completely reorganized their artillery units. Was posted at the time but don't think Don had an opportunity to fix it as we had a very busy Patch year at the time.

Also, SIPRI for all foreign sales and imports of weapons across the full spectrum of categories i.e., armor, artillery, missiles etc. etc.
https://www.sipri.org/databases/armstransfers

"Failed Open" someone's not thrilled about that and has reminded me I'm not on a Submarine any longer. I guess I need to find some "fairy dust" and get back to bed for a couple of hours!?!

Regards,
Pat

"Ex communi periculo, fraternitas" - My career long mentor and current friend -QMCM/SS M. Moher USN Ret..

Last edited by FASTBOAT TOUGH; May 15th, 2022 at 08:11 AM..
Old May 15th, 2022, 08:23 AM

Second Lieutenant

SaS TrooP is on a distinguished road
Default Re: Thoughts of Denmark OOB

As far as I know Leopards 2A5 were never removed from Danish OOB at any point?

The stuff I listed in the first post is simply what someone toying with OOB should attempt to fix. It contains both found bugs as well as potential improvements :P
As I said, I hate playing with Mobhack myself.
The Following User Says Thank You to SaS TrooP For This Useful Post:
Old May 15th, 2022, 04:54 PM

Lieutenant General

Thanked 1,235 Times in 923 Posts
FASTBOAT TOUGH is on a distinguished road
Fallout Re: Thoughts of Denmark OOB

Denmark has its tanks a moment in my last post. Based on my last post it does seem likely some or all of the current tanks might be getting replaced by the LEOPARD 2A7.

It bears watching also the rest of data stands.

So if you haven't figured it out, I confused the Danes with the Dutch.

Regards,
Pat

"Ex communi periculo, fraternitas" - My career long mentor and current friend -QMCM/SS M. Moher USN Ret..