.com.unity Forums
  The Official e-Store of Shrapnel Games

This Month's Specials

Bronze- Save $9.00
winSPMBT: Main Battle Tank- Save $5.00

Go Back   .com.unity Forums > Illwinter Game Design > Dominions 3: The Awakening

Old February 19th, 2014, 03:14 PM

Private

ihearthonduras is on a distinguished road
Default Game massively buggy on Steam

I downloaded the steam version of dominions 3 yesterday and started a game. About 40 turns into the game, the commander plaques on the game started disappearing. So I uninstalled the game and reinstalled it, rebooted and whatnot, and started a new game. Right about the same point, it started displaying "enemy intelligence" stuff about my own provinces and would not let me recruit national units at new forts. Weird. So I rebooted, uninstalled reinstalled, rebooted. Started a new game. Right about 40 to 50 turns in, the map refuses to scroll. At all.

Does anybody else have these problems? I'm kind of depressed about starting games and then having the game become unplayable. What is the deal?

Someone said in another post that the commander plaque thing is a symptom of a pirated game, but I got my key from steam, so what's up?
Old February 22nd, 2014, 04:06 AM

Private

Happyfungi is on a distinguished road
Default Re: Game massively buggy on Steam

Quote:
Originally Posted by ihearthonduras View Post
I downloaded the steam version of dominions 3 yesterday and started a game. About 40 turns into the game, the commander plaques on the game started disappearing. So I uninstalled the game and reinstalled it, rebooted and whatnot, and started a new game. Right about the same point, it started displaying "enemy intelligence" stuff about my own provinces and would not let me recruit national units at new forts. Weird. So I rebooted, uninstalled reinstalled, rebooted. Started a new game. Right about 40 to 50 turns in, the map refuses to scroll. At all.

Does anybody else have these problems? I'm kind of depressed about starting games and then having the game become unplayable. What is the deal?

Someone said in another post that the commander plaque thing is a symptom of a pirated game, but I got my key from steam, so what's up?
you try for answers on desura that is the official dom 3 forum now.
Old March 1st, 2014, 09:24 AM

Private

Slith is on a distinguished road
Default Re: Game massively buggy on Steam

Quote:
Originally Posted by ihearthonduras View Post
Someone said in another post that the commander plaque thing is a symptom of a pirated game
It is. Then again, like 100% of all copy-protection systems ever, they malfunction much more often than acceptable. Usually, a reinstall helps if this is the issue. Also, your game is patched to 3.31, right?