winSPMBT: Main Battle Tank- Save $5.00

Go Back   .com.unity Forums > The Camo Workshop > WinSPMBT > TO&Es
Notices

Old April 2nd, 2010, 12:15 PM

Lieutenant General

Thanked 1,233 Times in 922 Posts
FASTBOAT TOUGH is on a distinguished road
Fallout MBT's

Same thoughts as with APC and other threads started. Will focus on the new and major mods (Such as Jordan's PHEONIX program.)only. Trying to keep up with new armor packages etc. would be an absolute nightmare!
So here's a quick update on the long awaited Russian T-95:
http://www.army-technology.com/news/news81146.html
Take note of the key word "Could".
I'm going to go out on a limb here and say I think at least the turret will look similar to the NEW one that was designed for the "BLACK EAGLE" in the joint Russian and S. Korean venture that never got past the 2 prototypes that were built. Why? It's the only modern Russian tank/turret that was designed recently (And be in a 8 to 12 year drawing board to production window for the T-95.) to carry the 152mm gun that I can find.
Here it is:
http://www.military-today.com/tanks/t12_black_eagle.htm and for further development background:
http://www.globalsecurity.org/milita...ussia/t-95.htm and yes I noted the 25 years development process.

BLACK EAGLE and POSIBLE T-95 Pic:
Click image for larger version

Name:	BLACK EAGLE PType for T95.jpg
Views:	2719
Size:	44.8 KB
ID:	9783 Click image for larger version

Name:	Possible T-95.jpg
Views:	4251
Size:	26.4 KB
ID:	9784

Regards,
Pat
Old April 2nd, 2010, 02:11 PM

Lieutenant Colonel

Location: Hellas->Macedonia->Thessaloniki->City Center->noisy neighbourhood
Wdll is on a distinguished road
Default Re: MBT's

I would like to know, about the T-95, where are they going to fit the rounds and how many. Unless the size of the tank increases or the crew gets even smaller, are we talking about less than 10 rounds?
Old April 3rd, 2010, 01:09 AM

Lieutenant General

Fallout Re: MBT's

Well if the defencetalk.com purported picture of the T-95 is right, I can't shake the feeling the development of the
BLACK EAGLE continued. This wouldn't be the first military hardware that suffered that fate, went into a "Black Hole" and was brought back later in a further developed stage. Let's remember the turret for the BLACK EAGLE was of a completely new design. Also there were some reports that the BLACK EAGLE turret was unmanned as well. IF we assume dt.com somehow managed to get a T-95 pic and compare it to the known BLACK EAGLE pic the only difference I can see is the side mounted track armor. If it quacks it must be a duck. We'll see. As most know I'll keep digging, in the meantime here's another short article.
http://www.military-today.com/tanks/t95.htm
I would think the load out would be similar to the BLACK EAGLEs and others in the neighborhood of 30-40 rounds.
Hey if a guy named "Boris" comes around asking questions we could be on to something here!?!
Have a Great Weekend!
Regards,
Pat
Old April 3rd, 2010, 01:53 AM

Lieutenant Colonel

I am sorry but where are you going to fit 40 rounds of 152mm? It seems highly unlikely there is room for that.

As for the black eagle photo, it looks shopped to me. Not only that, but they both look they are from the same type of tank.
Old April 3rd, 2010, 09:22 AM

General

Imp is on a distinguished road

To fit what we consider a normal load the turret would have to be unmanned or telescopic ammo would have to be used. An 152 AP shell will be a lot bigger than a 122 one so much so I think probably no choice but to have an auto loader.
Old April 3rd, 2010, 01:30 PM

Captain

Cross is on a distinguished road

Looks like Israel are starting to deploy their new 'Trophy' anti-missile system on Merkava MBTs.

article here:

http://news.yahoo.com/s/ap/20100402/..._of_the_future

Cross
Old April 6th, 2010, 12:32 AM

Lieutenant General

One thing we were always taught was in any situation there's a solution, and not to "...give up until the ... water is coming in the people tank!" So to overcome the 152mm storage issue is not a problem, we (I) just have to think about the last (served until 1996.) "modern" era tank that was armed with a 152mm gun, carried 20 rounds plus 9 ATGW and weighed in at slightly more then 1/4 the current weight of a front line MBT. So with pics I present the last Light Tank to serve with the USA.
USA/1968/M551 Sheridan/C4/152mm (20Rs),MGM-51 Shillelagh (9),
AA 12.7mm (1KRs) & 7.62mm (3KRs).

The design was "innovative" and served it's purpose to a degree but it had many issues which lead it to be replaced by the M60A1 and eventuaaly the M3 Bradley for the Recon role.
http://www.military-today.com/tanks/m551_sheridan.htm
Pics:

Name:	Sheridan with ammo loadout..jpg
Views:	1721
Size:	59.2 KB
ID:	9807 Click image for larger version

Name:	Sheridan Mail Drop!.jpg
Views:	1650
Size:	23.8 KB
ID:	9808

Name:	Sheridan moving to the attack!.jpg
Views:	1675
Size:	37.7 KB
ID:	9809 Click image for larger version

Name:	Sheridan Shillelagh on the way!.jpg
Views:	1701
Size:	32.9 KB
ID:	9810

Hope those that observe Easter and to everyone else that you all had a great weekend!
Regards,
Pat

Last edited by FASTBOAT TOUGH; April 6th, 2010 at 12:39 AM..
Old April 6th, 2010, 09:29 AM

Captain

thatguy96 is on a distinguished road

The 152mm gun on the M551 (along with the different gun used on the M60A2) used a set of squat, combustible case rounds. The HEAT round was only intended to engage tanks at ranges shorter than the MGM-51 missile. In fact, its range was so sub-par that it created a range gap between it and the minimum range of the missile. This was one of the many problems with the system.

The rounds were between 20 and 27 inches long. By comparison, the rounds for the 120mm gun in the M1A1 Abrams and subsequent variants range from 36 to 40 inches. The MGM-51 missile is of a similar length.

So, while it might be closer to 20-25 rounds in whatever tank that might mount such a gun, its definitely not going to be 40.

I personally think this is going to continue to be myth. They keep having to come up with new numbers as every tank that does come out is basically just a T-72 derivative. The gun keeps changing size too. From 135mm to 152mm. This is what the T-90 was predicted to be initially too. I really doubt the T-95 will be any different. Nothing has come of the large bore projects the Chinese are supposedly working on either.
Old April 18th, 2010, 01:43 AM

Lieutenant General

ARJUN from INDIA last month entered operations against a like sized unit of Indian T-90s (14 unit Indian Tank Squadron.)the outcome could very well determine the future of India's indigenous tank industry. India had an independent foreign (And rumored as being a major tank maker.) analysis done on the ARJUN where it was determined that it was a top tier MBT. The ARJUN's main gun is supposed to be as good as the UK's CHALLENGER II 120mm RB main gun. The fire control system supposedly allows for a 90% hit probability as reported by several sources while firing on the move. It has also successfully fired the LAHAT munitions and will be equipped with it. The ARJUN has been in development for about 25yrs plagued by numerous issues the biggest being designing an engine that can handle the extremes in India's frontiers from desert to very cold mountainous regions. To solve the problem they purchased a 1400hp power plant from GERMANY which is built in country. It is speculated that it has been brought up to a MKII production configuration of the tanks now being fielded from the earlier MKI prototypes. The ARJUN is currently limited to 124 units assigned to the 43rd Armored Regiment (AR) with the 75th AR being equipped by the end of this month.
For your further review:
INDIA/ARJUN/2009/C4/120mm RB (39Rs), 12.7mm (3KRs) and
7.62mm (3KRs)

Sources oldest to newest (Hopefully!):
http://www.military-today.com/tanks/arjun.htm,
http://www.army-guide.com/eng/product1391.html,
http://www.army-technology.com/news/news68434.html,
http://www.army-technology.com/news/news75850.html

and LAHAT http://defense-update.com/directory/lahat.htm
Pics (Untouched hopefully!?!):

Name:	ARJUN Rollin out!.jpg
Views:	1616
Size:	79.5 KB
ID:	9934 Click image for larger version

Name:	ARJUN See the missiles.jpg
Views:	1715
Size:	96.1 KB
ID:	9935
Gotta finish setting my defences against a N. Korean assualt. Have a great weekend everyone!!
Regards,
Pat
Old April 18th, 2010, 03:04 AM

Lieutenant Colonel

My god that is an ugly colour!