World Supremacy- Save $9.00

Go Back   .com.unity Forums > The Camo Workshop > WinSPWW2 > TO&Es
Notices

Old February 11th, 2009, 10:24 AM

Private

TonyE is on a distinguished road
Default Mobhack and shp question

Hello,
A small question regarding mobhack and new icons. Using shpedit i made a number of new icons, saved them into a new icon file and assigned an icon number to it using the master iconlist. The icons show up in mobhack and in the game when assigned to a unit so no problems there. However when scrolling through these new icons in mobhack it locks up when it passes the last of my new icons and when it goes downwards past the first of them. Everything in between can be scrolled without problem.
So, what have i done wrong since this does not happen with any of the official iconfiles?

mvh.

Tony E.

Last edited by TonyE; February 11th, 2009 at 10:38 AM..
Old February 11th, 2009, 01:45 PM

Shrapnel Fanatic

Thanked 5,423 Times in 2,694 Posts
DRG will become famous soon enough
Default Re: Mobhack and shp question

-which SHP file did you "create" and did you use the master icon list as a guide ?

-Define "lock up"

Don
Old February 11th, 2009, 08:59 PM

Private

I followed the numbering in the master iconlist and gave it the name Icon0125.shp, it contained 85 icons which i had made in shpedit. The first icon in the shp file is a blank one, then follows 42 pairs of tanks and turrets, first is nr.4798, last one used is nr.4839. When i scroll past nr.4839 in mobhack it is like the program freezes, or crash if one can call it so, nothing happens and no controls in mobhack work. The PC also start to work alot and sometimes after a few minuttes a message pops up saying that there is not enough memory to execute this command. After this mobhack is back to normal, but will repeat this "process" if i attempt to scroll further upwards, if i go downwards and back to my icons there is no problem.

More or less the same happened if i clicked from 4798 to 4797. I had another file called Icon0124 (4748-4797) which only contained a few icons as a test. When i deleted this file the scrolling from 4798 and downwards went without problem, which makes me think that the problem is caused in some way by the iconfile(s) that i made. Could there be a sequence that i have forgotten in shpedit?
Old February 12th, 2009, 09:36 AM

Shrapnel Fanatic

Attached the SHP file and I'll take a look at it. There are a number of things that could cause this.

When I create a Icon0124.shp and Icon0125.shp by renaming Icon0119.shp and Icon0120.shp and then scroll through the Icons with MOBHack everything works as it should

Did you perhaps use a non standard size for a SHP ? 89x89 is the standard and there are a few other sizes the game understands as well but if you dropped in something else that might cause your problem

Don

Last edited by DRG; February 12th, 2009 at 09:44 AM..
Old February 12th, 2009, 06:40 PM

Private

Sure thing, here is the file attached, thank you for looking into this. The individual icons should all be 89x89, i used shp icons converted to bmp from the game as a base for all.
Attached Files
File Type: rar shpfile.rar (8.9 KB, 137 views)
Old February 13th, 2009, 02:47 AM

Shrapnel Fanatic

You only have 85 spots filled in a SHP file that needs to see little pink squares in 101 spots. Once you add the extras so it reports as being 101 Icons it won't crap out on you in MOBHack like it has been doing. MOBHack has been "told" those spots are there and isn't happy when it can't find them.

You should always start with one of the "blank" SHP files provided in the Graphics folder and not build your own piece by piece. The "Blank-101.shp"works for the hull/turret files that end in xxx98, -1} and "Blank-099.shp" works for the ones that end in xxx97, -1} or xxx97, 2159},

Don
Old February 16th, 2009, 04:26 PM

Private

Ah ok, that makes sense. Thank you very much for helping me out with this one!