Warning: Illegal string offset 'type' in [path]/includes/class_postbit.php(294) : eval()'d code on line 65
Map Choke Mountains - .com.unity Forums
.com.unity Forums
  The Official e-Store of Shrapnel Games

This Month's Specials

BCT Commander- Save $8.00
winSPWW2- Save $5.00

Go Back   .com.unity Forums > Illwinter Game Design > Dominions 3: The Awakening > Scenarios, Maps and Mods

Prev Previous Post   Next Post Next
Old April 10th, 2011, 07:44 PM

Private

wilphart is on a distinguished road
Default Choke Mountains

You'll need to run this thru semi-random. I built this so I could beat the computer w/Niefelheim; I always start off strong with the dual bless, but fall hard on anything but a small map because the provincial defense isn't up to par.

This is a funny non-equilateral pentagon grid that I've used before and I like. I made the diagonals neighbors, but there are enough seas and mountains to make several clusters of land divided by narrow lanes one or two wide.

I worked hard to get it to look right, but I don't know what I'm doing. I've messed with typing scripts in on previous maps. I didn't do that on this one, because it's too much trial and error and I didn't have a special theme in mind anyway.

A couple of noob questions that are probably answered somewhere, but I didn't find them after considerable browsing:

a) Is there a way to get the caves to have an automatic "darkness" spell? Or is darkness automatic (even without a global icon?) and/or do I need to mod a monster who casts it?

b) is there a list of magic sites and what they do to make picking and choosing easier?

Thank you for your help, and I hope you like the map.

http://i381.photobucket.com/albums/o...emountains.jpg
Attached Files
File Type: zip choke mountains.zip (12.08 MB, 165 views)

Last edited by wilphart; April 10th, 2011 at 07:55 PM.. Reason: forgot to add map