BCT Commander- Save $8.00
winSPWW2- Save $5.00

Go Back   .com.unity Forums > The Camo Workshop > WinSPMBT
Notices

Old June 24th, 2005, 06:12 PM

Private

Steeleagle is on a distinguished road
Default Greeting all

Just Downloaded the new WinSPMBT, I am having no problems of it working on my system.

Of course I do have some issuse once again.. Mainly with the M1 series Armor values.

But in a couple of weeks after the 4th of July, I will be starting to Work on November War 73 Scenarios. These Scenarios are based on the view that the Israelis want peace once and for all, and they are going to drive on the Capital's of Syria and Eqypt and force a peace on their enemies. Of course the Soviets come to the aid their Arab Clients and try to stop the Israeli Armor drives.

Any questions please feel free to contact me at

steeleagle@woh.rr.com

Paul A Andzik
Old June 24th, 2005, 06:24 PM

Private

marko is on a distinguished road
Default Re: Greeting all

The IDF versus Soviet paratroops in the streets of Damascus ?
Sign me up !
Old June 24th, 2005, 08:55 PM

Sergeant

junk2drive is on a distinguished road

I just went to Yahoo groups and found your old post there on this subject. I wish you well on this project and hope you do the micro series.
AIW seems to be popular with wargamers.
Old June 25th, 2005, 01:00 AM

Private

I will try to find my old notes on those Scenarios

The First Scenarios is going to be East of Cario between the Cannel and the Nile River.

I am not sure if I want to make it where the Guards Airborne Div already in place or for them to drop into the area in front of the Lead Israeli Armor Spearheads.

The Original Scenario when played had the Soviet Airborne already in place. Of course I will have an introduction History on how the Soviet units get into place, and why the Russian are coming into the Middle East. ( Mainly to stop the Israeli Advances).

This almost happen if it wasn't for Nixon telling the Israelis to back off and agree to the ceasefire. Golda Mier was ready to carry the battle to Syria and Eqypt and make Israel safe and at peace in the Middle East.
Old June 25th, 2005, 07:09 AM

Captain

PlasmaKrab is on a distinguished road

Quote:
Steeleagle said:
This almost happen if it wasn't for Nixon telling the Israelis to back off and agree to the ceasefire. Golda Mier was ready to carry the battle to Syria and Eqypt and make Israel safe and at peace in the Middle East.
Would the Soviets really have sent troops against Israel?

What would the Nixon administration have done then? Or do you already plan to feature US reinforcements later on in the campaign? That could be fun too: IDF mechanized in the streets of Damascus and Cairo, against UAR guards and Soviet paras, PLUS US rangers and anti-communist insurgents!
Wasn't Kissinger around at that time?
Old June 25th, 2005, 10:58 AM

Private

Quote:
PlasmaKrab said:
Quote:
Steeleagle said:
Would the Soviets really have sent troops against Israel?

What would the Nixon administration have done then? Or do you already plan to feature US reinforcements later on in the campaign? That could be fun too: IDF mechanized in the streets of Damascus and Cairo, against UAR guards and Soviet paras, PLUS US rangers and anti-communist insurgents!
Wasn't Kissinger around at that time?
Yes the Soviets would of. They told Israel and the world they where senting 3 Airborne Divisions to put a stop to the Yom Kipper War with some of their Air Force Units, on top of that they had a lots of heavy sealift ships going to to the Syria Ports With a Couple of Guards Tank Divisions out of the Kiev Military District.

And even with Watergate going on, Nixon was committed ( some say he should of been committed period) To Israel. I know that the 18 Airborne Corps, and some of the 3rd Corps was place on alert for deployment to the Middle East. So yes there would be some sort of American reinforcement. But that would show up in later Scenarios. And yes Kissinger was around at that time, he was doing a lot of running around trying to cool the sitution.