.com.unity Forums
  The Official e-Store of Shrapnel Games

This Month's Specials

Raging Tiger- Save $9.00
World Supremacy- Save $9.00

Go Back   .com.unity Forums > Digital Eel > Weird Worlds: Return to Infinite Space > Scenarios and Mods

Old January 10th, 2007, 08:27 PM

Private

dod488 is on a distinguished road
Default Re: Updated mod: The Babylon Project

Looks like the 1.2 for Mac has been pulled. 1.21 is only for Windows. There is a "coming soon" message for Mac users.

I haven't tried today's version. I'll give it a try on 1.11 and let you know what happens.

Thanks, Hal
Old January 10th, 2007, 08:36 PM

Private

dod488 is on a distinguished road

OK, must be a 1.2 thing. After selecting the mod and clicking "Start", the screen goes black for a bit then the screen goes back to the normal desktop with an abend message. A dump file is available.

Thanks, Hal
Old January 11th, 2007, 06:24 AM

Private

PaddirN is on a distinguished road

Yea, I remember when I put the sounds in I thought they were quite annoying and I meant to rearrange them or at least bring the volume down on some, but I never got around to it and eventually I think I just got used to them and stopped noticing them. Believe it or not there were some other sounds that were far, far more annoying than the one you're talking about.

Apparently I was wrong about the max limit on the quests. According to fingers its actually 128 now. So full steam ahead now and I'll have to try and figure out what exactly was giving me problems before...
Old January 11th, 2007, 07:10 AM

Private

blargue is on a distinguished road

Not sure if this will be illuminating for you or not but I tried to add a quest or two from added content mod (wanted more potential allies) and couldn't load the games afterwards. Game would get as far as launch screen, new ships would load into simulator background, then game would crash to desktop as soon as you tried to begin a mission. I'm pretty sure all of the quests I added were to do with allied ships. Could have been because the result would create the opportunity to have a fleet that would exceed game limits(whatever those might be).

Good luck tracking that down. Loving the mod so far. Always amazed at the sheer stamina you modders have. The amount of work you must be putting into this is astonishing - high fives all around! Also... thanks.
Old January 11th, 2007, 04:53 PM

Private

Your problem might be that you didn't bring in all the required files for those allies to work: hulls, systems, weapons, graphics, even races. You also need to account for all that stuff in the game.ini file as well. Other than that not sure what it could be.
Old January 11th, 2007, 07:24 PM

Corporal

chabex is on a distinguished road

I have had the 3rd space alien quest (to go to a specific black hole) and when I went there the message: "standing triumphant" or something message popped up and that was it- I won the battle even without starting it...

Ship balance: for my taste now the Narn fighters are too strong... Most of the time they are a lot, and stronger than the centaurian fighters... I also couldn't recall that I have seen this type of narn fighter in the series. What I remember is that Narn fighters were more like miniature battleships regarding the shape. Now i will run and try your last update :-) Good work anyway!
Old January 11th, 2007, 09:39 PM

Private

blargue is on a distinguished road

Yeah, I've comboed lots of mods before. That said you're probably right that I just missed something obvious, but obvious or not, I couldn't figure out what it was!
Old January 12th, 2007, 07:44 AM

Private

That's odd about the 3rdspace alien quest, I actually just went through it not long ago without a problem, was even able to beat them with the help of a cloak. I'll play around with it more when I get the chance, anybody else had this problem?

With the Narn gorith fighter I don't recall seeing it in the series either. I believe the only one they showed was the Frazi fighter, which I actually have a nice image of. I didn't want to put it in because the Narn already have a fighter and it seemed like a waste since you can't really see the fighter too well anyways. If alot of people want it in (or I just get the coding itch) I'll put it in, probably as a replacement for the gorith fighter, though I'd prolly keep the gorith fighter and use it as a narn ally.

In the latest update I tweaked the shielding on the fighters and made them easier to kill since they never really seemed all that sturdy in the series. I may need to actually increase the number of fighters to compensate for this though.
Old January 13th, 2007, 07:54 AM

Corporal

Jamiri is on a distinguished road

Getting the impression that on large maps events and quests still are erroneous sometimes. For example, yesterday (using the Omega) I got Vree's beacon but Vree could not be summoned. And I also had the Pak'Ma'Ra ally, but with the text (when you fly Victory class) rejecting him due to his smell. I still got the ship, though...
Old January 13th, 2007, 03:38 PM

Private

That's largely my fault. Due to time constraints (i.e. not having very much of it), most of my testing consists of just running through the game on default settings with a whitestar. Not incredibly professional, I know.

With the Vree (and Tirk), I've changed the coding around some and made it so they actually appear on map, this may or may not fix that issue. Were they not being summoned into combat or on the star map or both?

The text for the Pak'ma'ra ally is fairly similar for both the victory mission and the others, I think a bad smell is mentioned in both versions and that he needs to remain on his own ship (which I figured would explain the extra ship in your flotilla). It may be that or its possible something is out of whack in the large map version.