BCT Commander- Save $8.00
winSPWW2- Save $5.00

Go Back   .com.unity Forums > The Camo Workshop > WinSPMBT
Notices

Old April 28th, 2017, 01:31 PM

Second Lieutenant

Warhero is on a distinguished road
Default Load all?

Hmm maybe I have asked this many times before but is there anything to do what comes "load all units(yes/no)"-function? It could be very useful function if it works... At least if you have many inf companies and want them loaded into APCs. It saves time and frustrating about load each inf squad into APC separately again and again... Maybe fixed someday in future? Anyone has same problem and agree with me?

Warhero
Old April 28th, 2017, 02:26 PM

Shrapnel Fanatic

Thanked 5,390 Times in 2,687 Posts
DRG will become famous soon enough
Default Re: Load all?

Have you tried pressing 'L' then 'D' when you click in each platoon's X0.. that loads all per platoon and it's quick once you get into the rhythm . This way you have control over the loading....a blanket "load all units(yes/no)"-function would, I have no doublt....load things you don't want loaded but now they are loaded you have to hunt for what vehicle they are loaded in

If you find you are constantly reacting to your enemy's tactics instead forcing the enemy to react to yours, you are losing the battle....
Old April 28th, 2017, 02:44 PM

National Security Advisor

Thanked 1,853 Times in 1,217 Posts
Mobhack is on a distinguished road

Load All is simply allowing you to use the AI's load method - which usually is not what a human player wants!. Useful for system testers to get a quick test battle started is all the use I ever make of it.

The L/D combo is for humans (with the full game) - in the deployment phase it loads all passengers of a platoon up no matter where they are currently on the map. I use that function in every battle bar defence to get my APCs quickly loaded up with the requisite passengers. In regular battle phases it will load up all passengers that are currently in the same hex as their transports, and of the same platoon etc. As I often keep the grunts in the exact same hex as the rides, again useful. (I usually keep mounted infantry so at least as and until they have reached a point they are going to "go firm" on. Until then, I usually get out and have a look around from time to time - staying in the same hex as the ride so I can pop back in if somebody objects to them dismounting!).
Old April 29th, 2017, 08:28 AM

Second Lieutenant

jivemi is on a distinguished road

Just used the basic "load all" for Wulfir's WW2 Paratroopers in the Pacific campaign after botching the 11th battle. Got so engrossed on loading manually, then plotting with the AO, forgot to load him in the transport ! So even though Corregidor got captured in decisive fashion the campaign was ended prematurely as the Old Man got left behind and drowned. But it's such an engrossing campaign thought I'd go back to the "human deploy" save I had for another go.

Anyway it's not much different from doing it the hard way. The units get loaded in order (AO through T2 in my case) into the nearest air transports, also in order. All you gotta do is check in the Airborne Screen to see which guys are loaded where-platoons are usually in the same or adjacent planes--and plot them according. And don't forget to load your AO (or AOP team if you bought one) before pressing the "quit deploy" button !
Old April 30th, 2017, 12:13 AM

Second Lieutenant

jivemi is on a distinguished road

Sorry for the double post, but unfortunately most mortar batteries and crews didn't match up. The crew for a mortar section would be designated "R5 Crew" but the tubes for R5 wouldn't show up, and vice-versa. So most 81mm batteries would show up with half the section crews and half the tubes missing! Only two sections were operational, and one of them showed 65,535 points damage on the unit roster during the battle. (On the plus side it didn't affect the battle result, so the campaign is still on.)

Bottom line is, if you're doing air drops it might be advisable to load transports manually.
Old April 30th, 2017, 07:44 AM

Second Lieutenant

Btw, another thing which can be very frustrating: I choose some mechanized company with some APCs. Then in the beginning of turn 1 I notice that those APCs can't be loaded because my infantry are too "heavy" or just too big to fit into chosen APC... In the baddest cases, I can't even load my inf units into tanks too (maybe too "heavy" or too much men) So, I must be very careful during unit choosing phase that I choose right APC type for all needed inf units.
Old April 30th, 2017, 10:06 AM

Shrapnel Fanatic

Quote:
Originally Posted by Warhero View Post
Btw, another thing which can be very frustrating: I choose some mechanized company with some APCs. Then in the beginning of turn 1 I notice that those APCs can't be loaded because my infantry are too "heavy" or just too big to fit into chosen APC... In the baddest cases, I can't even load my inf units into tanks too (maybe too "heavy" or too much men) So, I must be very careful during unit choosing phase that I choose right APC type for all needed inf units.
Yes, it should be understood that you must choose your APC / infantry / Carrier / Gun units with care. There are too many variations to make one size fit's all but I have NOT found it is a common problem but it can occur in some AT / Gun formations where there are a wide range of available transport........but you are suggesting it is even with infantry and that concerns me so maybe I'm just not buying what you are buying so how about some SPECIFIC examples instead of generalities.....WHICH"some mechanized company with some APCs...can't be loaded.....because my infantry are too "heavy" " .......are you referring to....you make it sound like it happens all the time. I have not found it so

???

If you are going to complain about a problem we are going to insist you be specific so we can see what you are seeing and that means nation, formation, date and anything else you can think of if it was me telling you the same thing would be helpful in narrowing down the issue.

SO

What nation
What year
Which formation
Which APC's
Which "passengers"

I would have thought by now that everyone ( ESPECIALLY someone who's been posting here for 12 years !! ) understood that non specific complaints like " I choose some mechanized company "-----without any supporting examples is worthless to us in sorting out what might be going wrong. Mech/Mot infantry SHOULD BE able to fit in their available transports. The non fit issue * I thought* was confined to AT/Gun and carriers combinations so if that is wrong....show me where and when

If you find you are constantly reacting to your enemy's tactics instead forcing the enemy to react to yours, you are losing the battle....

Last edited by DRG; April 30th, 2017 at 10:31 AM..
Old April 30th, 2017, 04:21 PM

Second Lieutenant

Okay I will follow situation (maybe next time as I use mech inf) and tell specs you want... Sorry that I didn't told more about them. But I have seen similar case many times before (at least when I play as USA).

Warhero
Old April 30th, 2017, 07:00 PM

Shrapnel Fanatic

Exclamation Re: Load all?

I just tried at random, an April 1992 battle buying a US Lt. Mech Co and a Mech Co + and everything loaded just fine so IDK how this could be a commonplace occurrence and we've never had a report about it....on forums where people nitpick the photo's used but we DO cover 79 years with MBT so it's possible there may be a small span of years where there is a problem but I need to know what formation and what date it occurs to fix the damn thing !

ANYBODY ELSE see this in the US OOB or any other ?? Don't be shy ....getting ambushed with this stuff and told it's common when it's not being reported IS GETTING OLD so if there are formations that won't load all the passengers we allow I WANT TO KNOW ABOUT IT............ OK ??

Last edited by DRG; April 30th, 2017 at 07:46 PM..
Old April 30th, 2017, 09:01 PM

General

Imp is on a distinguished road

There are a few rare cases where you have to look at vehicle carry costs when you select units, Canada I think is one.
The Bison has a larger carry capacity than the Lav so you can buy what you like but for the others unless you need to look at the units your buying. HMG & EryxAT wont fit but take the MMG or the Carl Gustav team & they will.
Never seen it as an issue