.com.unity Forums
  The Official e-Store of Shrapnel Games

This Month's Specials

BCT Commander- Save $8.00
winSPWW2- Save $5.00

Go Back   .com.unity Forums > Shrapnel Development > All American: The 82nd Airborne in Normandy
Notices

Old June 28th, 2004, 11:09 PM

Corporal

Joe 98 is on a distinguished road
Default What?

Quote:
Originally posted by Tim Brooks:

January 2004

the engine has already been tested and the missions will be playtested as completed.
Quote:

We need a few playtesters starting mid February if anyone is interested. E-mail Richard Arnesen.
Quote:
June 2005 is a realistic date
Quote:

Care to place a wager?
Yes. If the game is released AFTER June 2005 you send me a free copy. Before that date and I pay for it.

Quote:
I'm a little worried about my $50.
Quote:
Please go to customer support and request a refund.............. I have to run the company and 98% of what remains to be done is my work
Old June 29th, 2004, 12:23 AM

Brigadier General

Richard is on a distinguished road
Default Re: What?

Joe,

We understand your frustrated about the delays on 82nd, we are as well. If you have paid for it, then please send me your order info and I will credit your credit card. That's the only recourse we can give you.

Constantly being belligerent about it does no one any good.
Old June 30th, 2004, 06:25 AM

Private

ShakyJake is on a distinguished road

Ahhh, so ordering the game was in fact an immediate charge? I had wondered at that several years ago, since most pre-orders for games only charge the customer upon shipment, but wasn't sure that I had indeed been charged. Oh well, ordered the game in April of 2002, a few more months (right?) won't hurt.
Old June 30th, 2004, 04:11 PM

Shrapnel Fanatic

Gandalf Parker is on a distinguished road

Really? I think most pre-orders Ive done have been instant charges. I think the difference is probably that pre-ordering the kinds of games that end up on the shelf of stores tends to be non-charge. In many cases the really small guys (the ones with no publisher at all) will specifically say they are taking pre-orders to get the money to continue the development. Its kindof a good-trust purchase. Ive "owned" a copy of VGA Planets 4 for alot of years waiting for it to leave beta. (I should dig out that letter from Tim and see how many years)
This game is NOT suitable for students, interns, apprentices, or anyone else who is expected to pass tests on a regular basis. Do not think about strategies while operating heavy machinery. Before beginning this game make arrangements for someone to check on you daily. If you find that your game has continued for more than 36 hours straight then you should consult a physician immediately (Do NOT show him the game!)
Old June 30th, 2004, 11:07 PM

Private

ShakyJake is on a distinguished road

Hmmm, never heard of it being done that way, really. I haven't really done all that much Online purchasing, of course, but in my experience I've always gotten a receipt of payment and shipment as part of the same E-mail upon the item's availability. I had noticed a charge on my bank account several years ago but never really put two and two together. Like I said, it's not really an issue, I was just surprised is all.
Old July 2nd, 2004, 12:48 AM

Private

Jackhomer is on a distinguished road

The problem is that this is the only tactical, turn based squad-level game that is or will be developed in the coming years. People really loved 101st, but no game on the market can fill that niche that 101st did.

I fondly remember, "soldiers at war" and "101st", and would love to play a similar game. All American will fit the bill.

Why don't you guys make a single mission demo your immeadiate goal? that would satiate all of us wackos that love to post here
Old July 2nd, 2004, 01:51 AM

Private

Rusty is on a distinguished road

Richard,

Appreciate the comment about being belligerent.

I also want to add, that from the customer end, it is extremely frustrating when you keep hearing from Tim Brooks and others that the game is near completion but months and years pass by with no word or the same status again (same news and no further development shown)showing up if an update is given. Additionally, the web page is out of date too and has been that way for some time.

While I agree, nobody benifits from being rude, I think that your customers are really wondering if Shrapnel is committed to getting this thing done. Why would we care? It would be because 101st was such a darn good game. That's why.

I drop in here once in awhile to see if this game is getting anywhere. I even went to Origins to ask the same question in person. I for one would like to see it get done - but I get just as frustrated as the posters here. We hear the same things over and over again.

All I want is to see this one get done. 101 was just so damn good.

Rusty
Old July 4th, 2004, 10:04 PM

Brigadier General

Richard is on a distinguished road

Actually that's the next step (the playable demo). I think we're in a much better place to finish the game this year than Last, but I hate to make a statement and you guys get your hopes up .

Seriously 101 was one of my favorite games of all time, and I can't personally wait until 82nd is done. One of the reasons I joined Shrapnel was my interaction with that game and with Tim when I worked over at wargamer.com.

Thanks for the continued patience guys...