winSPWW2- Save $5.00

Go Back   .com.unity Forums > The Camo Workshop > WinSPMBT > TO&Es
Notices

Old April 24th, 2016, 03:52 PM

Lieutenant General

Thanked 1,235 Times in 923 Posts
FASTBOAT TOUGH is on a distinguished road
Fallout Re: The FASTBOAT Patch page.

Well the last post sure as poop fell through since everything seems in "flux" all the time around here. Folks I'll just say when it shows up here you'll be the first to notice though a handful of you know the signs that something is finally "afoot" the two years since my last input sure has felt more like it was double that. Anyway my real purpose here...

Just downloaded the new Patch 10b (It shows as 10 in the game is that correct?) and I see the gunships are still in. I have changes in this area such as the SPECTRE was retired from combat operations last year (Some will be used as laser weapons test platforms.) plus...
http://www.janes.com/article/51851/a...pectre-gunship

The new AC-130 "GHOSTRIDER" gunship will join the "SPOOKY" operationally 3-6 months after the next years Patch which will need to entered plus...

JORDAN has operated the CN 235/295 "Pocket Gunships" for a while now so there's a couple of ADDS plus the same as an "update" version to carry new weapons as shown next...
https://www.flightglobal.com/news/ar...nships-419663/

I don't want to "spin my wheels" here if these gunships are going away as I truly thought was going to happen this year based on the various posts concerning this very topic. If the matter is still being looked at concerning how they work in attack mode within the game great, But would request a little guidance on how to proceed as I believe that the CN 235 will involve more "players' such as Italy etc.
http://www.defenseindustrydaily.com/...verting-06778/
https://www.orbitalatk.com/defense-s...Fact_Sheet.pdf
https://www.orbitalatk.com/defense-s...Fact_Sheet.pdf

The last has "live" weapons on target firing video. And yes those are HELLFIRE missiles on there which both of ours wil carry a well.

I'll await further guidance when the New Patch Release Hangover (NPRH)" is well...over. (Did he really just post that!)

Regards,
Pat

"Ex communi periculo, fraternitas" - My career long mentor and current friend -QMCM/SS M. Moher USN Ret..

Last edited by FASTBOAT TOUGH; April 24th, 2016 at 04:00 PM..
The Following User Says Thank You to FASTBOAT TOUGH For This Useful Post:
Old September 18th, 2016, 01:17 AM

Lieutenant General

As a reminder I would request that the "normal rules" of this thread would please be respected as noted in Post #1/Para #1-Thank You.

In the next month or so Andy and Don will embarking on another several months of putting together the next patch pulling together the many issues related to the game over the last year. Many others will more directly contribute as well and I only wish I was amongst them. Maybe I can pull something together towards the end if Don "green lights" me, we'll see.

This time of year is always difficult for all involved with it and it means personal sacrifice at times. We don't always agree and that's fine as long as we don't give up and continue the "fight" to keep our games at the fore front of this genre.

It is my hope the below, which was brought to my attention from a co-worker (In my section alone we have at least 130+ years of retired military experience and other 20 years on top of that from a couple of veterans also in the section.) will set the tone and when needed provide some relief by those that need it.

As this next deals with possible future DOD applications that might have ramifications across the board covering everything from vehicle self protection/defense, offensive countermeasures, crew and passenger integrated protection systems, combat vehicle medical field support, advanced comms and frontline HQ support. This is currently in reality, a commercial venture that is truly showing promise that has gotten the interest of the DOD recently. This falls under a broad based program simply known as either MIT/or MITT.

Of course I'll be tracking it as news of it is available and the DOD decides to act upon the whole "system" as a whole or dissect it into the parts it wishes to pursue as MIT/or MITT at it's core is a modular system.

Again the last sentence of para three is the driver here and hopefully MIT/or MITT will fill that niche as we see the future of battlefield technology yet to come.

About that Patch, normally mid-March to mid-April for release providing no major issues are involved. Just saying!?!

Again for all the hard work that's been done and the rest to come, this video shows the commercial uses, the DOD press conference is at the end of the video.
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=_gERED8htKM

20 and a wake up.

Regards,
Pat

"Ex communi periculo, fraternitas" - My career long mentor and current friend -QMCM/SS M. Moher USN Ret..

Last edited by FASTBOAT TOUGH; September 18th, 2016 at 01:38 AM..
Old September 18th, 2016, 08:21 AM

Shrapnel Fanatic

Thanked 5,390 Times in 2,687 Posts
DRG will become famous soon enough
Default Re: The FASTBOAT Patch page.

We definately need a trunk monkey here ........
The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to DRG For This Useful Post:
Old September 18th, 2016, 04:47 PM

Lieutenant General

Suhiir is on a distinguished road

Quote:
Originally Posted by DRG View Post
We definately need a trunk monkey here ........
My only question is ... who is it going to target ...

People should not be afraid of their governments. Governments should be afraid of their people.

"Two things are infinite: the universe and human stupidity; and I'm not sure about the the universe." - Albert Einstein
The Following User Says Thank You to Suhiir For This Useful Post:
Old February 24th, 2017, 12:13 AM

Lieutenant General

Alright before I start, we have a lot of new or more active folks in the forum since I last put anything in here. So please, before anyone else decides to post a response here, I would urge you to Read the following first...
Post #1 Pg. 1, if still unsure, Post #121 Pg. 13 and finally Post #182 Pg. 19. THANK YOU!! This is where Don and I "hash it out" or he just plain "challenges me". But also where Andy can chime in as he sees fit, should he desire. All you have to do is just read anything Don has responded in here too understand the relationship going on here. I kind've touch on it in Post #180 Pg. 18. For my small contribution to the game over the years I wouldn't have it any other way. I've noticed when "life" was kicking us around and Don and Andy got a little better hold of their situations and came back sooner than I but, Don still entered some equipment I had only posted on, I'll just leave it at that.

Now for the business at hand which I hope will be addressed for the 2017/2018 Campaign or following one. For everyone else when I'm done here this portion will be copied over to the MBT Thread for anyone else to comment on as they see fit.

Don,
I need no specific answer to this issue anytime soon, I have to give this some more serious thought myself as well. Really just focus as I know Andy and you are on giving us the best Patch you can. Platitudes are now done...

Essentially probably the two best Heavy MBT's out there are the M1A2 SEP 3 and the LEOPARD 2A7+ (With the updated ATTICA FCS) which I had proved the Germans do have when I found and posted the results of that search in the MBT Thread.

My concerns of equipment really reached it's height at the time concerning the submission of the M1A2 SEP 2 in Post #123 (Item A1 under the MBT section) & #128 on Pg. 13 the concerns dealt with the significant advances in ammo that had outstripped the capabilities of the TI/GSR optics fitted to the FCS's at the time. You'll find an interesting quote that makes the point very well for me in Post #123 as noted above. And of course the "The 700lb. Gorilla" in the room is addressed as well concerning map sizes, play-ability etc. that just can't be ignored. We would settle on TI/GSR 50. I also started bringing up the fact we're going to have "winners and losers" out here sorry but, that's the price of technology and who's willing and MORE IMPORTANTLY can afford it in the form of R&D.

So now we move on...
I posted the following and if Don acted on it from some my posts or otherwise I'm happy to see it in that would be USA UNIT 538 M1A2 SEP 3 TI/GSR 60 (And I strongly feel LEOPARD 2A7+ should be on par or @ TI/GSR 55 min.), I think that's exactly where that particular tank should be. For planes equipped with SNIPER or any similar pod that's nothing (I've posted video in you can guess where, that shows a jet ~40NM out looking like from the camera it's almost hovering on top of the targets.) as they would say "the skies the limit" but that'll never work for land equipment. LOS will always put limits on land equipment and we have to maintain some sense of proportion within the game as well to keep things on an "even keel".

We move on to the other "700lb. Gorilla in the room" the USA isn't sitting on it's laurels, that's right, and can you guess what's coming!?! Yup, the M1A2 SEP 4, what I'll be thinking about independently is...

1) Do we push the envelop on TI/GSR to say 65?

2) Is there enough room in the other associated FCS's sub systems that can be improved upon?

3) Can the ammo be improved upon as the AIM round is now available and the new Kinetic round is being tested now for this tank to possibly increase hit % and PEN % etc.

4) Still might be an armor issue but, still looking into this.

5) Or a sensible combination of some or all these elements?

6) And finally and most importantly what makes sense for the game.

So right now that's what I'm thinking about. Also take note how quickly they moved from the V2 to the V3. I believe we will definitely see this tank available before games end and sooner than expected based on DOD increased budgets and what Russia and China do over the next couple of years as they test our new "CIC".

At your leisure if I missed a point of concern you wish me to further consider as well, please do so and post it here if you will. Otherwise until LATER this year, I'll consider this matter closed for now.
http://www.armyrecognition.com/unite..._11610155.html
http://www.armyrecognition.com/febru..._11302171.html

Something else I'm TRACKING...
http://www.janes.com/article/64383/a...me-takes-shape

And again, Andy and Don thank you for all the hard work, and I'm looking forward to the Patch when released.

Regards,
Pat

Last edited by FASTBOAT TOUGH; February 24th, 2017 at 12:37 AM..
The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to FASTBOAT TOUGH For This Useful Post:
Old February 24th, 2017, 12:44 AM

Lieutenant General

Don previous post is for you. Everyone else the main issue is posted in the MBT Thread. Wanted to get the Threads in ascending order if you will.

Thank you!

Regards,
Pat

Old January 8th, 2018, 09:30 PM

Lieutenant General

I had thought it far longer then I just saw since I posted anything out here. But the SEP V3 is in and the rest, well I just don't know. That's something I've not done before when posting anything in this thread - ever - not to follow up when the Patch comes out.

So today happened to cost me $3400.00, for a new water softener, 10 yr. termite treatment, insurance deductible since someone decided to hit CINCLANTHOME's POV while it was happily sitting in a parking space minding it's own business (hit and run) and renewing my U2 membership.

So I'm thinking how can I make this a better day!??! Well...

Don,
I know this is a crappy time to ask but, it's always been in my window for this kind of thing, yes, but not so much as I normally would do but, maybe a step in the right direction. So here I go!!

I'm asking if you'll give me until Sunday (evening.) next to submit a mini Patch Submission? Here's what I see...

1. One helicopter already submitted (2013) for six countries. Problem missing primary weapon/slot(s) are available to add/one will need a 1 yr. shift to the left also for FOC+ (One turned out to be a month early that's OK well within our 6 month "SWAG" we've always used in the past. The rest on time. That's Research and Time & Effort.) I like that "RTE", sounds very...well...like military speak!?!

2. You (And some others out here.) know how I "feel" when I see a trend starting, and I see one now that I'd like to get fixed again as was addressed several years back. The concern is for the AH-64E and ensuring that foreign sales AH-64E birds DO NOT reflect the USA one's, not directed to you, based on a sense of the postings I've seen concerning this matter. I'm asking you to trust me on this one as I'm real close to tying this up to present the matter for your consideration. These will be minor fixes but, a degree of separation must be made.

3. I have a tank in mind which is significant to the country of concern and the geographic area as a whole. This will change the countries strategic position within the region due to the type and numbers ordered. It might even get some more players interested in this area or group of surrounding countries in the current era. This is an existing MBT from another country also in the region.
A simple ADD.

I of course will submit these if given the "green light" in my normal format for this thread. Might be useful for some others to a degree in simplifying submissions in the future, based on what I've read out here. Sorry this is kind've how I get when the juices are flowing. It's in the last work para below and is not personal, I just have a "good sense" of what's going on especially this time of year.

Patch's are what you call a female dog. So again "hats off" to Andy and Don.

That's about it. And as always you know I'm available as a "hound dog" as I've been asked to do in the past a handful of times.

For everyone else, it's not a big thing, if I get my "S**T TOGETHER maybe it'll be sooner then later, but, I feel much better about saying that now than I have in a very long time.

So many new people out and that's REALLT GREAT!! But that being said PLEASE read POST #1 there are "house rules" here mostly to keep my "head clear" and Don's to maintain his sanity. If you delve into this thread a little you'll understand what I'm talking about. THANK YOU!!

So it's my last night off, someone's playing for a National Championship and someone's got a complete 4K system...hmmm...I think Blade Runner 4K is what I'll do next, well after I renew my U2 thing.

Good Night everyone, even those that are already, well, sleeping!

Regards,
Pat

And wouldn't you know it, the TRUNK MONKEY from above is gone!?! I really liked the TRUNK MONKEY it made me laugh.

Last edited by FASTBOAT TOUGH; January 8th, 2018 at 09:41 PM..
Old January 9th, 2018, 04:45 AM

Shrapnel Fanatic

Thanked 5,390 Times in 2,687 Posts
DRG will become famous soon enough

sure... no problem

If you find you are constantly reacting to your enemy's tactics instead forcing the enemy to react to yours, you are losing the battle....
The Following User Says Thank You to DRG For This Useful Post:
Old January 14th, 2018, 04:15 PM

Lieutenant General

I hate to ask though I'm dedicated to this now, but as you'll see next, you'll partially understand why. I'm requesting a one day extension if possible though not only for the following reason but I had to research data lost.

The why is, I went to open my planes and jets folder that had about 100 files in it and now there are only 2 in it. I don't know or understand why but over 5 years of data are now apparently lost. Quite frankly though my mind is focused on the matter at hand, I'm almost afraid to check the others at this time and won't until this is done first for obvious reasons.

Any thoughts how I might find this data within Win10 at a basic level would be appreciated though, I expect the worst. This is the only info I can provide...

1. Had Mozilla Firefox after my PC issues before the holidays, I switched to MS EDGE as my browser and transferred my bookmarks over without incident. Did a precheck of my refs in preps for this project, and the files were all there Fri. late, last night they were all gone but the two mentioned. So this issue is open to answer here for anyone that has experienced the same or that might have a basic fix for me. THANK YOU IN ADVANCE!!

Don also so I saw the M551 Thread in TO&E's with Andy's answer concerning the location of the AAMG in Slot 4. Currently the 6 helos (Same type.) I mentioned already have two weapons on them that can stay (These are considered "heavy lift" helos so can easily handled all weapons assigned w/o any issues.

That being said, the weapon is FN MAG 60-30 MG x 2 which also as I had noted was it's primary weapon. There is one weapon mounted on each side of the helo (Will provide pics.) just behind the cockpit.
Click image for larger version

Name:	EXPH-972-16.jpg
Views:	69
Size:	91.8 KB
ID:	15090 Added in edit to assist you.

Not knowing the calculus involved, do those two machine guns just take one slot because they're the same weapon or one slot for each?

So at this point it would be useful in answering this question with the following unit to represent the rest requiring updates France/UNIT 520//. also France and Malaysia are the only ones I'm aware that have ordered the up armor pkg., I'll assume the HS armor value of 3 vice 2 for the other countries involved represents that upgrade? If so then that issue is resolved for me.

Thank you! I'm really sorry to be a bother.

Regards,
Pat

Last edited by FASTBOAT TOUGH; January 14th, 2018 at 04:25 PM..
Old January 14th, 2018, 05:06 PM

National Security Advisor

Thanked 1,853 Times in 1,217 Posts
Mobhack is on a distinguished road

WC4 AAMG in slot 4 - now fixed in code so its not treated as a bow gun.

Re loss of files - do you have anything set up to "archive" files - they may have been zipped up and squirrelled away by some utility programme, if you have such on your machine.

Also - check your deleted files folder, on the off chance you or some "utility" removed them, they might be found lurking in there!
The Following User Says Thank You to Mobhack For This Useful Post: