.com.unity Forums
  The Official e-Store of Shrapnel Games

This Month's Specials

BCT Commander- Save $8.00
winSPWW2- Save $5.00

Go Back   .com.unity Forums > The Camo Workshop > WinSPMBT > Campaigns, Scenarios & Maps
Notices

Old April 11th, 2015, 04:00 PM

Captain

wulfir is on a distinguished road
Default A Challenge for Airborne Rifles

Here's a challenge for Airborne Rifles - if you're up for it, it's a pretty big battle to fight...

The file contain a small campaign with room for about 10 scenarios, only one is included as of now.

If you accept the callenge - play the first battle and save at the end, before it turns to the end battle screen. Important - this will allow more scenarios to be added.

- - - - - - - - - -

As a tank destroyer from the 7th Armored Division moved west from Salm-chateau on the highway toward Fraiture, the commander spotted a lone trooper from the 325th diggin a foxhole for an outpost ner the road. The commander stopped the vehicle and asked him if this was the frontline. The trooper PFC Vernon L. Haught, with Co F, 325th, looked up and said, "Are you looking or a safe place?"
THe tank destroyer commander answered "Yeah."
Haught then said, "Well buddy, just pull your behicle bhiend me. I'm the 82nd Airborne and this is as far as the b*stard are going."

- - - from the book All American All the Way by Phil Nordyke

- - - - - - - - - - - -
It is now WWIII.

The WP advance have gained the most ground in the north. At a crucial point in the war the US 82nd Airborne Division, up until now being held in reserve is released and used to bolster the defences near the Krefeld Salient.

It is important that the ground can be held or else risk having the whole NATO front rupture.

If you accept the challenge you will take command of a reinforced Airborne Bn responsible for the area near Hüls, north of Krefeld...
Attached Files
File Type: rar Airborne_Rifles Challenge.rar (212.0 KB, 235 views)
Old April 11th, 2015, 08:00 PM

Corporal

Airborne Rifles is on a distinguished road
Default Re: A Challenge for Airborne Rifles

Awesome! 325th was my first unit. We had posters of PFC Haught with that qiote everywhere.

I accept the challenge, but it will take some time (three kids and a job, you know). Thanks!
Old April 25th, 2015, 11:23 AM

Corporal

Wulfir, I'm enjoying the scenario very much, just having to take it slow right now, like a good scotch. I should have the save file to you this week. Thanks for this!
Old April 26th, 2015, 04:54 AM

Captain

No problem, take your time...!
Old May 1st, 2015, 10:30 PM

Corporal

Ok, finally finished. Really fun scenario. I enjoyed playing the infantry-heavy defenders against the Russian armored onslaught. Overall my paratroopers did very well. I set up a series of engagement areas at the various choke-points on the map supported by atgms. I used my AT platoon and my tanks to fight the shaping battle forward of the MLR. That cost me some Sheridans, but also mostly destroyed the enemy recon. The Russians did manage to infiltrate my lines through the woods, but I was able to beat them back. I had one platoon wiped out entirely except for the sniper, my recon platoon took heavy losses, and my ATGM jeeps also suffered, though not critically. A couple other platoons took heavy losses, but on the whole I think the Task Force is postured for follow on operations. Awaiting my next mission!
Attached Files
File Type: rar Turn 55.rar (252.0 KB, 137 views)
Old May 5th, 2015, 01:48 PM

Captain

Excellent work!

You have wiped out the fighting elements of a fresh Soviet tank regiment. Intel gathered suggets it belonged to the now much reduced 32nd Guards Tank Division...
Old May 5th, 2015, 02:02 PM

Captain

The Soviets divert their forces to your left flank, outside your sector, where their effort meets with more success...

During the night dismounted Soviet infantry probe your position with much nervousness.

With daylight the next day the fighting picks up again, but the focal point is outside of your sector on your left flank. What seems to be a supporting attack develps in your area.

Your mission is to defeat the Soviet supporting attack.

You will have one Airborne 105mm battery in direct support and a heavy National Guard artillery battalion in general support (i.e. with longer response times). There will also be SEAD and CAS air avaliable - but all spare ground forces will be going to your left neighbour.

Notes: add the txt files to the campaign folder. Manually add scenario 551 to the 001 campaign node for campaign 031. Don't forget to press save - replay the last turn of your saved game and you should be able to progress to the next challenge...
Attached Files
File Type: rar Airborne_Rifles_Challenge_second battle.rar (210.5 KB, 183 views)
Old May 7th, 2015, 02:30 PM

Corporal

Thanks Wulfir, had some time on my hands and I blazed through this one. Much easier facing BMPs instead of T-64s. Expecting a more infantry heavy assault I deployed my defense further forward with my TOW teams and surviving TOW jeeps forward. These took a huge toll of the advancing Russians, and then the A-10s came in and devastated who was left, including the few tanks. Very few Russians made it to my MLR, and those that did generally died quickly. Those NG M110s did a number on the Russian artillery in the counter-battery role, too. Lots of fun, can't wait for the next one!
Attached Files
File Type: rar Sc2T55 Airborne Challenge.rar (246.1 KB, 147 views)
Old May 9th, 2015, 06:38 AM

Captain

Ouch, HQ Soviet 20th Guards Army is not pleased - that's roughly 2/3s of the Mot Inf Regiment from the division facing you gone...!

Your neighbour on your left is holding, but only just.

You are informed that friendly forces are massing in your rear for a counter-attack.

You are ordered to prepare to move. Forward.
Old May 9th, 2015, 07:02 AM

Captain

You have crushed the bulk of the 32nd Division's Motorised Rifle Regiment.

The enemy in front of you now is weak and in some confusion.

You orders are to push them back and capture ground near the town of TRAAR.

If successful this will open up more manouver space for the Army National Guard Brigade moving up behind you. The idea is to use the Natinal Guard unit in a counter-attack against the flank of the enemy main effort. (The Russians do not cope too well with flank attacks).

You will have one full strength National Guard Mech Inf Company and one reduced Tank Company reinforcing your command for this task. There will also be air and artillery available. The havey arty is now directly under your command...
Attached Files
File Type: rar Airborne_Rifles_Challenge_third battle.rar (210.6 KB, 166 views)