BCT Commander- Save $8.00
winSPWW2- Save $5.00

Go Back   .com.unity Forums > The Camo Workshop > WinSPMBT > TO&Es
Notices

Old June 29th, 2005, 05:55 AM

Captain

PlasmaKrab is on a distinguished road
Default Obat 017 Iraq

I know this is one we'll never quite get around exactly, but at least, there is some info springing up about the next years.

Like this one article.
Old June 30th, 2005, 12:38 PM

Private

danrh is on a distinguished road
Default Re: Obat 017 Iraq

more goodies for Iraq

Swiss Information Service

Quote:
The cabinet has approved the sale of 180 armoured personnel carriers to the United Arab Emirates, which will in turn present them to Iraq.
Old June 30th, 2005, 01:42 PM

Captain

Another one:

From Chinese Defense, loads of recent and useful if uncheckable data on Chinese hardware:

Quote:
Chinese made weapons and body armors in use by the new Iraqi police and troops
The new Type 56-2 assault rifles and body armors must be from the recent 40 million USD orders placed by new Iraqi government for its police and troops. Noticing the brand new Type 56-2 rifles with its short folding stocks and cheap orange colored plastic parts. Can't complaint too much when they only paid around $100 each and got them delivered almost rightaway.
Old July 6th, 2005, 07:56 AM

Corporal

MacGalin is on a distinguished road

When polish forces withdraw from iraq, they are going to leave lots of equipment to the iraqui army. This includes Sokol medium helos, and MI-24 gunships.
Old July 15th, 2005, 05:09 PM

Corporal

Starmyth is on a distinguished road

The US military would demand that any and all equipment either be destroyed, removed, or secured. It will be a while before Iraqi guerillas have helos, tanks, etc.
Old July 15th, 2005, 06:18 PM

Captain

Basically, the info here was about official US-backed Iraqi forces.

Maybe at some point the guerilla forces should be shifted into the Red oob or something? Otherwise the IA pick would get a hell to choose rebels and governmental forces from the same list...

Right now there is no way to tell when there will be no need to picture Iraqi guerillas though.
Old July 16th, 2005, 11:48 AM

Corporal

Starmyth is on a distinguished road

It is unlikely that the US military will permit any heavy weapons to be placed into the hands of post war Iraqi military elements. The Iraqi government is now significantly pro Iranian. The guerilla and foreign fighters will begin to be better equipped as they receive 'secret' assistance from foreign governments.
Old July 17th, 2005, 08:03 AM

Captain

Quote:
The Iraqi government is now significantly pro Iranian.
Where do you get that from? At least until the US forces are out there is no way for the Iraqi government to be much anyting else as pro-US, at least officially. Now I can understand that the (large) part of the population that was quite pro-iranian was also neglected by the old regime, to say the least, and want to regain some political edge now. To consider that as a "pro-Iranian government" is going quite far for the moment. But maybe I have missed some devemopments? If so, I would be glad to have your sources.

As for the US administration "[not permitting] any heavy weapons to be placed into the hands of post war Iraqi military elements", they have already fielded numerous hardware from various sources, including China; look at the previous posts for info on this.
There were also plan to give away as much as 500 Abrams and 750 M60A3 tanks, among much other hardaware (Bradleys, Apaches, Patriots...),though I don't know what has become of it nor where the info came from...

Quote:
The guerilla and foreign fighters will begin to be better equipped as they receive 'secret' assistance from foreign governments
They already are, and I don't think how they could be equiped any better: they already have used rare but deadly RPG-29s, I don't know the truth about the Syrian Kornets; anyway I guess they will go on fielding tough and basic weapons, light or heavy, since these are the best for guerilla warfare. Of course you cannot punch through an Abrams' front armor with a RPG7V, but you can smash nearly anything else (APCs, trucks, helos...), and it is much more reliable and cheaper.

"Secret" assistance from foreign countries doesn't stay secret for long right now. Which countries did you have in mind? Most of the support for the Iraqi guerilla comes from individuals and associations. No country wants to get involved in this, and these which have no political image to lose anymore don't have the money to waste on this.
Don't think that the rebels have powerful allies who will do whatever they must to give them top-notch warfare, which the guys generally aren't trained for and won't handle and store properly.
Have you seen any reports of US troops being attacked with high-tech weaponry lately? Or lots of such weapons being caught on the obrder by patrols?
There again, I would be glad to know, I quite lack recent info on all this.
Old July 17th, 2005, 12:13 PM

Corporal

loktarr is on a distinguished road

I have got some repports telling guerilla using 1000kg LGB from F-22 stollen at Neilly airport, but I may be wrong...
Old July 17th, 2005, 12:50 PM

Sergeant

Listy is on a distinguished road

I awlays thought that a sucide bomb would be a good choice somewhere in the OOB's. make it a Civilian Car Icon from the UN, with the same stats, but as an ammo carrier class.