BCT Commander- Save $8.00
winSPWW2- Save $5.00

Go Back   .com.unity Forums > The Camo Workshop > WinSPMBT > Mods
Notices

Old August 18th, 2015, 01:32 PM

Second Lieutenant

Warhero is on a distinguished road
Default Novorussian flag anyone?

Well I played bit Ukraine vs. Ukraine (separitists) battle in SPMBT and came to think if anyone has done Novorussian flag (now it's just Ukraine oob/flag vs Ukraine oob/flag, no matter which side you play...). If it's done let me know.

PS. Is that using Ukraine oob for both sides ok (I mean equipment-wise) or do I have to use Russian (or Red) oob to fit better for separatist side?

Warhero
Old August 18th, 2015, 05:28 PM

Major

scorpio_rocks is on a distinguished road
Default Re: Novorussian flag anyone?

This one?

Battle: Objective: Unit:

For Battle.shp, Icon0095/96.shp and Icon0097/98.shp respectively.
Attached Images
File Type: bmp flag Novo (battle).bmp (3.7 KB, 241 views)
File Type: bmp flag Novo (objective).bmp (3.0 KB, 232 views)
File Type: bmp flag Novo (unit).bmp (3.9 KB, 244 views)

"Gentlemen, when the enemy is committed to a mistake - we must not interrupt him too soon."
Horatio Nelson.
SPMBT Roundel Objectives Mod
SPMBT Small ID Flags Mod
WW2 Roundel Objectives Mod
Old August 19th, 2015, 03:44 AM

Lieutenant General

Thanked 1,235 Times in 923 Posts
FASTBOAT TOUGH is on a distinguished road
Fallout Re: Novorussian flag anyone?

You should use the Russian OOB. The separatists are reportedly using T-72 (Russian-see below.) tanks. Also initially reported and since confirmed, Russia crossed the border with T-72B2 and T-72B3 tanks. Reportedly Ukraine engaged both groups successfully with the T-64BM BULAT which appears might be a better tank than represented in the game currently at least protection wise. Also we had some discussion on this MBT in a thread other then the MBT I believe. However UKRAINE took their T-72 tanks out of service years ago though, I posted an article around the beginning of the summer concerning emergency modifications and reintroduction of them I believe by this fall or winter if pursued. I remembered a couple of minutes later that Poland was discussed in assisting the Ukraine in bringing them to the PT1 TWARDY standard if so, they'd be better off bring them up to the improved version that we fixed, that either Malaysia or Indonesia operates currently. That is in the MBT Thread. Currently though the T-64BM BULAT and the OPLOT are the best tanks they have serving at this time. There are mixed reports concerning the OPLOT presence at the "front" and apparent positive performance-again unconfirmed. See below ref. (One of a handful I have.)
http://www.tanks-encyclopedia.com/mo...e/BM_Bulat.php

Regards,
Pat

"Ex communi periculo, fraternitas" - My career long mentor and current friend -QMCM/SS M. Moher USN Ret..
Old August 19th, 2015, 04:30 AM

Lieutenant General

Thanked 1,235 Times in 923 Posts
FASTBOAT TOUGH is on a distinguished road
Fallout Re: Novorussian flag anyone?

That should be PT 91 and not PT-1 for Poland's MBT mentioned in the last post-sorry.

Good Night!

Regards,
Pat

"Ex communi periculo, fraternitas" - My career long mentor and current friend -QMCM/SS M. Moher USN Ret..
Old August 19th, 2015, 09:55 AM

Second Lieutenant

Yes I meant those flags, thanks Scorpio. Hmm do you have those as shp files? Maybe somewhere ready for d/l? Well it's pity if I will use Russian oob for separatist side, I can't use Novorussian flags (especially units & V-flags)...
Any possibility to copy Russian oob into Red oob and add new separatist flag shp's with it? And leave Russian flags "alone"?

This could be worth of flag mod eh?

Just thinking...

Warhero
Old August 19th, 2015, 10:47 AM

Private

Apollo is on a distinguished road

Quote:
Originally Posted by Warhero View Post
PS. Is that using Ukraine oob for both sides ok (I mean equipment-wise) or do I have to use Russian (or Red) oob to fit better for separatist side?

Warhero
If you play scenario until August 2014, you can use the Red OOB , but if after August 2014 is better to use Russian OOB, because in this period has been actively meets russian tanks and other vehicles, such as T-72BA, T-72B3 and even T-90 ( Few days ago I found photo confirmation of combat use T-90 near Lugansk in august 2014 )

In my plans add units for pro-russian forces in my Ukraine OOB mod, but I'm wondering how best to implement it
Old August 19th, 2015, 10:54 AM

Major

scorpio_rocks is on a distinguished road

You can easily copy the Russian OoB into the Red OoB and then using shpedit replace the Red flags with the three flag .bmps above (in battle.shp, Icon0095.shp and Icon0097.shp respectivley).

There is a useful "how to guide" HERE

Note: The flags I provided are to modify the vanilla/original game - New versions will be needed if you use the "roundel" objective mod or "small ID flag" mod.

If this really is too daunting a prospect please PM me and I will dropbox/email you the .shp files

"Gentlemen, when the enemy is committed to a mistake - we must not interrupt him too soon."
Horatio Nelson.
SPMBT Roundel Objectives Mod
SPMBT Small ID Flags Mod
WW2 Roundel Objectives Mod
Old August 19th, 2015, 11:14 AM

Second Lieutenant

Apollo, if possible please, do new separatist oob for Red (its better choice than "sacrifice" Russian oob isn't it?). If somebody will add those flags too with oob "mod" it could be the best choice for players... I'm bit bad to use any editors. So I leave it into more skillful people jere:P

Warhero