Raging Tiger- Save $9.00
World Supremacy- Save $9.00

Go Back   .com.unity Forums > The Camo Workshop > WinSPMBT
Notices

Old July 13th, 2017, 06:48 AM

Private

C4nt3r is on a distinguished road
Default Re: Hi, new here

Thanks to all for all your comments. I hope to start enjoying this game soon.
Old July 13th, 2017, 08:07 AM

Second Lieutenant

jivemi is on a distinguished road

Quote:
Originally Posted by RecruitMonty View Post

There are "let's plays" of both WW2 and MBT on Youtube these days. They might be worth a look.
"Pewpewchewchew"'s videos on "Organized Chaos" (Scenario #1) for WW2 and "Viet Village" (Scenario #41) for MBT are definitely worth a look. He raised a few eyebrows among some of us "experienced" players when he won the first one without using smoke, only HE from a couple mortars, while employing MGs as fire support against entrenched Poles. (The standard procedure is to use mortars/artillery for smoke until your regular infantry squads get close, then switch to HE. Seems he preferred to keep an LOS to the enemy trenches so his MGs could hose them down. Sorta like Rommel against the Rumanians in WWI.) Shows how there's more than one way to skin a cat, as it were.

The second one is a kind of training scenario to teach the basics, with nothing but infantry. Forget exactly how he does that one but IIRC he was also successful. His site is at:
https://www.youtube.com/user/Pewpewchewchew

Last edited by jivemi; July 13th, 2017 at 08:51 AM..
The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to jivemi For This Useful Post:
Old July 13th, 2017, 02:48 PM

Second Lieutenant

Aeraaa is on a distinguished road

[quote=jivemi;838990](The standard procedure is to use mortars/artillery for smoke until your regular infantry squads get close, then switch to HE. Seems he preferred to keep an LOS to the enemy trenches so his MGs could hose them down. Sorta like Rommel against the Rumanians in WWI.) Shows how there's more than one way to skin a cat, as it were.
QUOTE]

It's almost 3 years since I've played the scenario, but I've done it in more or less the same way he did (the reason was the same, I want my MGs to have the LOS to truly shine), though I did use smoke a couple of times, though smoke created by my infantry, not mortars.

But I agree with you, there are usually more than 1 way to finish a scenario. And that is what makes the game so enjoyable.
The Following User Says Thank You to Aeraaa For This Useful Post:
Old July 13th, 2017, 03:03 PM

Shrapnel Fanatic

Thanked 5,422 Times in 2,694 Posts
DRG will become famous soon enough
Exclamation Re: Hi, new here

The real trick is to create a scenario that does not play out the same way twice even if you do make all the same moves...... the game does that routinely anyway with combat result variables but yes..things like this where there are multiple ways to achieve the same end makes for a scenario that people can play over and over and those are the golden ones.

I have often thought that a tutorial campaign would be nice were each battle introduced progressively more complex tactical problems to solve that on completion would teach all the lessons that need to be learned to get the most out of the game. I also believe new players should avoid large complex scenarios.....it's too easy to get " lost". Try a reinforced company battle in the early decades before ATGM, a coy of infantry and a plt of tanks with a couple of mortars in a meeting engagement on a 20x30 map and use the random map generator with urbanisation set to 3 and trees set to 2..that gives a nice map to play on usually and won't overwhelm a new player to the game......however, that might not be enough excitement for some new players....everyone has to find their own way.

Don
Attached Thumbnails
Click image for larger version

Name:	Image2.jpg
Views:	280
Size:	71.8 KB
ID:	14806  

If you find you are constantly reacting to your enemy's tactics instead forcing the enemy to react to yours, you are losing the battle....

Last edited by DRG; July 13th, 2017 at 03:26 PM..
The Following User Says Thank You to DRG For This Useful Post: