This Month's Specials

Raging Tiger- Save $9.00
World Supremacy- Save $9.00

Go Back   .com.unity Forums > Shrapnel Community > Shrapnel General

Old September 20th, 2004, 04:00 PM

Shrapnel Fanatic

Atrocities is on a distinguished road
Default Re: CBS

Look at what Clinton did. Given what Clinton did while president, Bush's character is pretty much above reproach when compared to that of Clintons. Clinton reduced the reputation of the white house to that of a brothel, he lied to congress, and we kept him around for eight years.

Having someone pull strings for you when your 18 or 19 years old is nothing new. I know that when I was 18 I made some pretty horrible choices in my life that I know now I would have done differently. If we accept your POV that a person’s character remains the same from youth through adulthood, then my character is just as rancid as it was 15 years ago.

I put to you that a person character is what they are at the moment, that their character is built by experience and life, not by the strings your dad pulls for you.

And about the fighting evil thing, ya its laughable now, but if Kerry is elected, rather when Kerry is elected, he wants to wage a kinder, gentler war against terrorism. Doesn’t that just send a shudder up your spine? Its Clintons foreign policy all over again. The same policies that got us into this mess.

I really don't believe that terrorist would be impressed with our kinder gentler side. IMHO they would view it as a weakness and really step up their reign of terror.

Then again I could be wrong and who knows, perhaps Kerry can bring the world together in a way never before done. I simply cannot see into the future, I can only predict possible happenstances. And honestly one of those predictions is an America one step closer to the grave, and several steps further away from the freedoms we now enjoy.

Ok that was self serving BS, but honestly I do fear what Kerry will do as president. I honest to God do.

But back on topic, what do you thing the eventual out come of this will be now that CBS is conceeding that perhaps the documents themselves are not authentic, even if the content might be?
Old September 20th, 2004, 04:31 PM

Sergeant

rextorres is on a distinguished road

Can you please catalogue Bush's successes?

When will you hold Bush responsible for the fact that things have gotten worse in the Last 4 years?

Off the top of my head here what I see.
  • - Rest of world views the US more negatively - more than ever before.
    - No resources or will left to tackle Iran or N. Korea.
    - Two bungled invasions.
    - Allies not willing to work with us on anything.
    - A weakened UN.
    - Israeli/Palestinians situation is as bad as it's ever been.
    - Russia is reverting back to a dictatorship.
    It goes on and on.

Anyway blaming Clinton doesn't hold water in my book.
Old September 20th, 2004, 05:53 PM

Shrapnel Fanatic

Rex all of these things you have listed my be true, but they are hardly Bush's fault.

And I was not blaming clinton except to say that his failed foreign policies, undisputed by the way, helped lead to our current terrorist problem.

And look at Russa, they too are having problems with terrorism, and that is neither Bush nor Clintons fault.

The world is an ever changing place. Friends today, enemies tmorrow, freidns the day after tomorrow. This is our world.

Now about that CBS thing? Do you think that this will have any effect on future "bomb shells?" I mean CBS thought they had a smoking gun, it turned out that it only burned them, so how do you think that will play out in the future? IE do you think the MSM (Main Stream Media) will learn from this or not? (Most likely not)
Old September 20th, 2004, 09:52 PM

First Lieutenant

Azselendor is on a distinguished road

I read an itneresting report today that stated that the military could not sustain another conflict and it would take decades to reconstitute the United States Armed Forces.

What kind of commander in chief leads his nation to war without kicking the economy into war production?

But, I must commend Dan and CBS. While kerry is most likely loose the election to bush, Dan and CBS sacrificed thier credibility in a very successful gambit to divert attention from the swift boat flip-flopping veterans and thier ads.
Old September 20th, 2004, 11:48 PM

Sergeant

Katchoo is on a distinguished road

Britain is going to start pulling troops out at the end of October:

Britain to cut troop levels in Iraq

This is not a sign of things getting better in Iraq. What you're seeing, and what you're going to steadily see, is every country that supported the US Invasion slowly start to pull their men & women out of Iraq, because they can see that the mess in Iraq isn't going to get any better, and they don't want any further part in it.

All this is going to do is put further strain on the American soldiers already there; soldiers that won't be comming home anytime soon if the Bush Administration is allowed to keep running the US as they have been.

Any American male or female between the ages and 17 & 30 better get their affairs in order, because the Draft is comming back.
Old September 21st, 2004, 02:40 AM

Shrapnel Fanatic

Klvino [ORB] please post links in support of your statement. Thanks.

Lets face it, there are people over there that just want to kill us and they will go on attempting to do so until all the white devils from the west are gone. Then they will once again turn on each other and beg for our help. Its a vicious cycle. Our lot in life I guess.
Old September 22nd, 2004, 01:10 PM

General

tesco samoa is on a distinguished road

katachoo... should be any USA citizen between the age of 18 and 30 whose income is less than 2 million dollars a year....

Hey GUTB where did you go...???

He is still driving his mighty armada at 3 miles per month along the interstellar highway bypass and will be arriving shortly