.com.unity Forums
  The Official e-Store of Shrapnel Games

This Month's Specials

BCT Commander- Save $8.00
winSPWW2- Save $5.00

Go Back   .com.unity Forums > Illwinter Game Design > Dominions 2: The Ascension Wars

Old September 24th, 2003, 10:24 PM

Lieutenant General

Nerfix is on a distinguished road
Default Re: priests spells?

What are "divine titles"? You know you can't escape "Eyes of the Lurker"...
2003-09-24
* New Windows sound setting, dsound or waveout sound driver.
* Easier to get your full allowance of divine titles.
* More divine titles and fixes to some existing ones.
* See divine title on unit info screen.

2003-09-23
* Maps are now stored in a seperate folder.
* AI gets divine titles too.

"Boobs are OK. Just not for Nerfix [img]/threads/images/Graemlins/Smile.gif[/img] ."
- Kristoffer O.
Old September 25th, 2003, 01:10 AM

Lieutenant Colonel

Pocus is on a distinguished road

There seems to be some misunderstanding here. You can't just fly to enemy commanders or magic Users and kill them with ice swords simply because there is no longer command to fire or attack commanders or magic Users. Best thing you can do is order flyers to attack rear troops, but they will attack troops - not commanders. So I see no problem with Caelum at all - they are much weaker in Dom II.
---

I dont know who does not understand the other. Perhaps thats both of us. Caelian weapons are nasty because they pass etheralness. I dont care if my mages cant be attacked directly, because most often than not your etheral units are not your mages, but either seasonal spirits, or in case of astral nations any big unit which would receive a body etheral from a mage (a shaman, witch hunter, whatever). As of now you could help tremendously your units by casting etheralness on them. Except that against Caelum your are toasted.

Their ice swords are good against nations who use air magic (like Vanheim or Man) but nations like Ulm or Marignon are their worse nightmare, especially if Ulm player uses Drain 3 domain. In fact, Caelum gets their behind kicked regularly by those two nations.
---

I dont understand the relationship between the ability to bypass etheral, and air magic or a drain scale. Can you elaborate?

Also, Caelum has ground troops (non flying ones) that act as heavy infantry, but they have ice armor that is even better then Ulms in Cold 3 province, but is like light armor in Heat provinces, so heat affects their armor, not weapons.
---

Yes, this is already there in doms I. Ice armor effectiveness depends on heat. Also they have Wingless or Temple Guards, which are an hell of a soldier. For example 4 temple guards kill 12 fall bears in neutral temperature. Try to do that with 120 gp worth (in doms I TG cost 30 gp apiece) of any other units, be it Emerald Guards, Knight of the Holy Chalice, Warden, or what ever you want. You cant surpass TG, just because their caelian weapons is the insult which add to the injury.
Old September 25th, 2003, 02:00 AM

Major General

Psitticine is on a distinguished road

That's a brand-new extra-crispy enhancement.

In a nutshell, your Pretender God will be given divine titles after its name based on the powers you define for it upon creation. There are, according to one post, about 200 different titles, so there's not much worry about them growing stale for awhile.

They're mainly for flavor, really, but they add quite a bit of that. They also have the side effect of letting you get a glimpse into the kind of powers enemy Pretenders have, and that's rather slick.
Old September 25th, 2003, 06:36 AM

Lieutenant General

Nerfix is on a distinguished road

Ooooh, that sounds good...
I must say that this game might as well be the best fantasy TBS ever. And yes, i have played MoM, but it didn't feel so great. Perhaps i don't have the nostalgia...

"Boobs are OK. Just not for Nerfix [img]/threads/images/Graemlins/Smile.gif[/img] ."
- Kristoffer O.
Old September 25th, 2003, 10:38 AM

BANNED USER

Mortifer is on a distinguished road

dom II. wont be the best, it will be different than the others, also very unique I must say, this is why I cant wait to play with Dom II.
Old September 25th, 2003, 03:48 PM

Sergeant

MythicalMino is on a distinguished road

no, I agree with Nerfix...no other fantasy strat game compares even with Dominions...Dom2 will be even better....NOTHING will compare...

wanna check out a great Cards & Dice game? www.gwfwrestling.com/home.htm

I only know one language: Hillbilly

Your mileage may vary, but mine always stays the same