.com.unity Forums
  The Official e-Store of Shrapnel Games

This Month's Specials

Raging Tiger- Save $9.00
World Supremacy- Save $9.00

Go Back   .com.unity Forums > Illwinter Game Design > Dominions 3: The Awakening > Scenarios, Maps and Mods

Old March 3rd, 2010, 02:27 PM

Second Lieutenant

BigDaddy is an unknown quantity at this point
Default Danubia: Heroes of Fantasy

I was tinkering with a little nation mod. I don't do sprites very quickly and this is my first mod (well, for dom3), so tinkering is an appropriate term.

So, inspired by a few things, such as DND2E and the fact there isn't a human sized warrior pretender (which bothers me), and a few other things, I went about designing this mod.

There will be a warrior pretender. I made one before, but after playing with some other pretenders and looking at the ghost king, I realized he was unbalanced, both in positive and negative ways. Nonetheless, I'm still cheesed that there isn't just a 'warrior' pretender, as this is just a standard part of most fantasy settings... some people would seem to go the first time they might play for a simple effective warrior.

So, the other units.
Rogue: stealthy, flying (shadow flight in the description), really the same as an eagle warrior, except with leather armor and short sword, short bow, buckler, and not sacred... causes unrest.
Warrior: Full Plate with halberd, level 2 or 3 (12s or 13s), longbow
Knight: Full Plate knight level 3, composite bow
War cult acolyte: Full chain, tower shield, broad sword, lvl 2 or 3, sling, sacred
3 mage recruits, one each with an aoe 1 fire and water attack and one with a lightning bolt... I'm considering putting the lightning bolt one cap only (available only from the war college site).
War cult champion: like the knight, but sacred and cap only.

Commanders
Master Rogue: who is also an assassin, spy, poor leader, and gets a lance-like trick attack. Priced maybe a hair more than a slayer, causes unrest.
Warrior: lvl 4, with full plate, shield (kite or tower), broad sword, and bow (composite or long) with and without a mount, OK commander
Cleric: good commander, H1, +50%H, +20%H, acolyte equipment, lvl 3, healer (5). (not a good healer, but this is the basic commander unit) mounted...
Battle Mage: lvl 2 with, leather cap, leather cuirass, leather shield, short sword, 3? (tied F/A/W)

Cap only commanders:
Half-Elf: mounted, lvl 4, 3e/1s/1h, -2RP, full chain, lance, broad sword, composite bow
Retired Abbot: lvl 4, ancient (56/80?), h3, +10%H, healer (20), battle mage equipment.
Emeritus Wizard: lvl 2, battle mage equipment, 3? (tied F/A/W) 2?(tied Any), +5RP, ?500g?, ancient (56/80)

Strengths:
Units other than typical infantry and mounted units (which are kind of blah and overpriced).
Bows

Weaknesses:
You have to take scales, even the mages cost resources, everything is expensive.
mages are random and not very diverse outside of the capital... and the cap one costs a ton.
Decent mages don't commune.
no cost effective researcher.
sacred mage is cap only and has a research penalty.

Last edited by BigDaddy; March 3rd, 2010 at 06:20 PM..
Old March 3rd, 2010, 06:29 PM

Sergeant

LumenPlacidum is on a distinguished road
Default Re: Danubia: Heroes of Fantasy

Haha, good idea using the lance bonus for sneak attacks.