Raging Tiger- Save $9.00
World Supremacy- Save $9.00

Go Back   .com.unity Forums > The Camo Workshop > WinSPMBT > TO&Es
Notices

Old February 1st, 2007, 04:05 PM

Sergeant

oragus is on a distinguished road
Arrow Abrams Icon set

Ok, I have noticed quite a bit of activity with the Abrams activity the last couple months or so. Lots of you were updating the existing icons from the game. That's cool, but since the ones in game, prior to the V3 "revisions", I created for the now old SPMBTv1.0. Tells me that a new standard Abrams icon needed an upgrade. So here is a complete rebuild with new techniques and better skills than my originals. You, the community, are what doing icons is all about for me. Enjoy!

*** Update of this set is on page three, please go there for the file ***

Last edited by oragus; October 9th, 2010 at 11:29 PM..
Old February 1st, 2007, 04:30 PM

Corporal

Gooseman2448 is on a distinguished road
Default Re: Abrams Icon set

Excellent job!!!

I did some changes for V2.0 but you out did me.

The only thing I would suggest (and it is only a pet peeve of mine) is the gas extractor on the M1A1 and above needs to be bigger. The barrel is too straight like the 105mm. The Leo's look good in the game but, the Abrams looks wimpy without it.

I love the "winter weathered", I have had trouble making winter schemes (I'm a novice painter).

New Bradleys, Abrams and Strykers (ICONS)
http://www.shrapnelcommunity.com/thr...b=5&o=&fpart=1

I did a unique color scheme called Autumn Camo. A design I saw at Frado's Armorsite http://www.fprado.com/armorsite/steel_beasts.htm, There are other good camo designs there.

Autumn Camo (Icons)

Do you think you will consider doing others? Mainly I think the Bradley's need a work over.
Old February 1st, 2007, 04:46 PM

Shrapnel Fanatic

Thanked 5,438 Times in 2,698 Posts
DRG will become famous soon enough

Quote:
Gooseman2448 said:
New Bradleys, Abrams and Strykers (ICONS)

Those Strykers of yours are based on my old strykers which you moved the gun postion too far forward. The only reason the old ones looked the way they did was becasue I didn't have any detailed views of it at the time. The new ones added to V3 correct that becasue I found better top views

Don

If you find you are constantly reacting to your enemy's tactics instead forcing the enemy to react to yours, you are losing the battle....
Old February 1st, 2007, 04:48 PM

Sergeant

Well thank you Gooseman! They are for you guys.

As far as the fume extractor goes. I don't like to add a pixel to each side because that makes too big. That would put them at 24" diameter and that is WAY out of scale. There is where we get into the limitations of pixel by pixel creation. If I could add a 1/4 pixel I would, but I would rather be a bit too small than way to big.

Yeah, winter can be a bit tricky if your not careful. I am not much for the all white "UN" look of the winter schemes. But what can you do, this is a tiny tiny scale and very limited palette. But I was tinkering around with the "weathered" look. I also have a "worn" look but I didn't put that in the set. It looks like the paint is showing through the white.

I looked into your Autumn Camo before and I have only seem it in Steel Beasts. I haven't actually seen any real references to that scheme. That is why I didn't do that scheme.

As far as doing other icons sets. I have a pretty long list of stuff I would like to redo and have redone. You may have seen some of the stuff I have done on the Yahoo forum? I redid the M-113s, M-26s, M-46s, some M-47s, T-54/55s (this set is HUGE), and many others in the "Skunk Works" and many others waiting. LOL.. So you could say I will consider doing others.

That a offical request for a Bradley set? LOL
Old February 1st, 2007, 04:50 PM

Sergeant

Well hello there Don, long time no talk!
Old February 1st, 2007, 04:53 PM

Shrapnel Fanatic

Hello Joe. Yes, it's been awhile

Don

If you find you are constantly reacting to your enemy's tactics instead forcing the enemy to react to yours, you are losing the battle....
Old February 1st, 2007, 04:57 PM

Shrapnel Fanatic

FYI I now base camo on icons on what the overall affect looks like in the game as opposed to the drawing program. ( we have had this conversation before..) If it benfits from camo, it gets camo, if the camo hide all the detail I just spent a couple hours putting in, they end up a solid green or tan.

Don

Old February 1st, 2007, 05:03 PM

Sergeant

LOL...I remember. Same ole Don....
Old February 1st, 2007, 05:05 PM

Shrapnel Fanatic

Same ole ( game ) reality Joe.

Don

Old February 1st, 2007, 05:16 PM

Sergeant

Too funny. Its just our 2 distinct styles Don, that's all it is. You have yours, I have mine. I go for a more realistic look, you go for a more "cartoony" look, for a lack of a better word. Which is fine. Yours look good with your style. Mine show my style. I am not gonna beat you up on your sytle, and I would hope you would do the same. But all in all, both of our styles have evolved over the years. So congrats on your improved performance with your icons. They are much better than they used to be. Weither it was because you were hurrying, skippin details, whatever don't really matter, because its the final out come that matters. And that is that your work in much better than it used to be. We both pushed each other to better ourselves. So can't complain about that now can we?