This Month's Specials

Raging Tiger- Save $9.00
World Supremacy- Save $9.00

Go Back   .com.unity Forums > Shrapnel Community > Space Empires: IV & V

Old June 12th, 2001, 07:43 PM

Brigadier General

mac5732 is on a distinguished road
Default Re: Fighter questions

I usually play temporal and in regards to ftrs, I usually put them into Groups of 25-30
I mix 10- small w/time distortion, 15 rockets, for small, this way after rockets fire the others protect and still can fire.
These are with small, With Med ftrs, I mix same amounts with one group carrying time distortion, 1 group with torpedos. I also mix in a large group or 2 of 20-30 small ftrs with just rockets, after they fire, they split, but if they hit they do damage if not destroy the ship they target. I usually mix my Groups together except for those that only fire rockets.
As for PD's, with temporal I fit BC's with loads of dime distortion, they not only hit ships every turn but also ftrs, in fact I found them more effective then the pd's. i always include at least 2 of these with my fleets and put at least 1 time distortion on each ship. They are also excellent on WP's and BS's they hit ships and ftrs. They don't hit seekers tho so you still need some
pd's if you are against seeker type opponents.

just some ideas mac

BEWARE; crochety old geezers play SE4, in between bathroom runs
Phong's Head Parking
Old June 13th, 2001, 01:51 AM

Major

rdouglass is on a distinguished road
Default Re: Fighter questions

quote:
Originally posted by Will:
Small Electric Discharge, range three, damage 20, rate 1, size 3kT. I remember that one's stats by heart, since I use it so much. I'm not sure about price, but it's the best fighter weapon in terms of damage per turn per kT. Plus it has the longest range among fighter weapons. Favorite design has two variations: Large fighter, 8xengines, 1xshield, 2xSmTDB, 1xSmED, afterburners; or same design only 1xSmTDB, 2xSmED. Kill the shields, then kill the stuff under them

Sorry, forgot the stats. I haven't played as Organic in a while - I've since grown to favor Religious for the Talisman and it's 100% hit rate. Sure puts a damper on the to-hit fighter bug. But, yeah, that electric thing IS the best fighter weapon IMO also....