.com.unity Forums
  The Official e-Store of Shrapnel Games

This Month's Specials

Raging Tiger- Save $9.00
World Supremacy- Save $9.00

Go Back   .com.unity Forums > The Camo Workshop > WinSPMBT > After Action Reports
Notices

Old July 12th, 2006, 11:32 PM

Private

reconraider is on a distinguished road
Default Re: Israel attacking Iran next October

Hi, I tried to setup a company for you that costs the 1000pts following Mobhack's advice. This is what I came up with if you like you can use it. OM155mmM114, OM105mmM101, ArtObs76x2, RSAKwRPG7x3, RSM14wM20x2, StrelaSAMx2, HQ, SagheghRPGx2, Basij68riflex3, AmmoTruck, MotorSectionG3w74rpg, QagnosTeam, SniperwSR, then add either SU-25 plane or Rapier SAM. If you pick plane only 2 pts left, if SAM then 20 pts left to buy Conscripts68riflex2 equals all money spent. I will try another with heavy anti-air.
Old July 13th, 2006, 01:09 AM

Private

Hi, Here is heavy anti-air company. Strela, Misagh1, RSAK47wRPG7x3, SagheghRPGx3, OM155mmM114, Nafaz, ArtObs76, HQ, Igla1, SA-10aFavorit, BasijSection68riflex3, NaderTeam, Conscripts68rifle then if want mobile get SA-6Gainful (all money spent) or get Rapier and buy 1 more BasijSection68rifle. This has alot of anti-air assets with some RPG based lite anti-tank assault (ambush) units. Also has rifle units to protect ArtObs and a few to assault or go forward to pathfind and recon.
Old July 13th, 2006, 08:39 PM

Private

Sorry saw that it was supposed to be 5000pts instead of 1000pts. Could just times by 5. Or you could challenge your friend with the 1000pts. Then he could only get a few merkava or maybe only 1 and you could swarm it with your RPG infantry. I will think on a 5000pts Battalion with some mech troops with alot of anti-air and anti-tank infantry maybe some air power. He who owns the sky rules the battlefield below. As he limits your movements and his men move freely to advance. Might add a sniper section to harass if you could sneak them behind his line. SA-6 is an old Russian platform from around the 60's or 70's. The missiles can't turn within nowadays planes turn radius and are probably easily spoofed. The Iserali's get stuff from the world arms market and they don't just sit on it, they reverse engineer the item and improve on it. Ever heard of IAI (Iserali Arms Industry) owned or supported by thier government. The USA gives them alot of stuff and they buy the best the world has to offer and then make it better thats why they have good stuff. Also they have alot of chances to live test the stuff like whats happening right now with the Pals and Lebs.
Old July 14th, 2006, 06:09 AM

Private

Hi, This is the Battalion I came up with for 5000pts. Anti-Air:SA-10aFavoritx2, Rapierx2, Sanam-23-4SPAAx4, 35mmRadarAAAx4, 57mmRadarAAG, Type86/88SPAA, CobraAA. Anti-AirInf:Strelax4, HN-5, Misagh, RBS-70, Igla-1. Art:OM105mmM101Pl, OM155mmM114Pl, ArtObs(76)x2. AirForce:Mig29Tochka, Azarakhsh, MirageF-1E, Sukhoi-25, Sukhoi-24(177). TankCorps:Shiden, T-72M1l, T-72M. HQ, BoraghAmmox2, M113Ammox2. Anti-TankATGM:Qognos, Fagot, Ra'ad-T, Toophan. Anti-Tank:Saghegh, Nader, Nafez. Sniperw/SR(53), Sniperw/SR(7). Inf:RSM14w/M20x3, RSAK47w/RPG7x3, RSG3w/74RPGx3, PasdaranAK47w/SagheghRPGx3. MotorSectionG3w/74RPG. All points spent.
Old July 14th, 2006, 10:28 AM

Private

fossiili is on a distinguished road

Thank's for all! I just reached a little more points in a battle against my frend, but SPMBT thought it was only a "draw", now the second one. My frend started a new battle and he chose a large city as the battleground. So I probably have better possibilities to win than earlyer
Old July 18th, 2006, 02:24 PM

Private

Quote:
fossiili said:
My friend started a new battle and he chose a large city as the battleground. So I probably have better possibilities to win than earlyer
Map 71, "City on Tigris, Iraq, 160*200.

One problem while deploying 56 mm AA: If I put them on a hex with a large building, is the program clever enough to put AA on the roof or inside the building?
Old July 19th, 2006, 09:41 AM

Corporal

Cameronius is on a distinguished road

It will put them at whatever the elevation is in the hex. The game does not distinguish between ground floor or roof for any purpose.
Old July 22nd, 2006, 01:22 PM

Private

The war is rageing in the City on Tigris (map 71). Becouse it's a meeting engagement I was bound to mowe quickly and I needed transport vechiles and to support them armored fightting vehicles. But I have not found any way to protect them against Israelis helicopters. Becouse the city is flat and the silly game does not allow me to put AA-guns on the roofs, these my best tools have only a narrow shooting area. For the next game I desparately ask: is there any effective wepon against Israelis helicopters. Some times Rapier SAM's try to hit them but without any success. I have Sanam-23-4SPAA's which are dangerous for a helicopter but some of them have already been destroyed, so what can you do with am AA-tank wich can not defend himself?

I know there is no justice in the world in general and in the war especially. Not even in the simulated world of SPMBT
Old July 25th, 2010, 07:17 PM

Private

Greyfell is on a distinguished road

I've found that static AA guns are a better bet versus helicopters if you have any raised terrain at all to stick them on. AA vehicles are vulnerable to the lethal ATGM's many israeli helicopters carry, where as the static guns are not. A decent ranged AA gun can keep 'copters at arms length just by causing evasive action even if it does not hit them.
Old July 26th, 2010, 10:56 AM

General

Imp is on a distinguished road

Well you are very persistent in what is very much an uphill struggle so some thoughts.
As said if possible cluttered terrain not open & despite being a meeting a slow move out till his air is dealt with if has helos is more than acceptable.
Need to fight 2 battles for the air battle your killers are RBS 70 manpads TOR-1s & 80 Range AA guns as helos have 60 vision. All other AA assets are deterents that might get lucky while these guys get in position. What you buy depends on game size if you think he might buy SEAD etc the out gessing game.
Keep TOR-1s well back & relocate often to avoid arty if vision is high with dust trails a few trucks in your arty park can make false dust trails when they move.
The AA guns consider moving some forward if terrain allows in first couple of turns.
Can use some as deterents if need when other AA moves but generally cut range down to 65-70 or even less if can risk it. Now if he leaves a helo within range you can take multiple shots in your turn rather than playing the max range dance. AAA is the one set of units its worth micromanaging ranges on to sucker people into the kill zone vs helos.
The other aproach is half a dozen mobile at least EW 5 SAMs, hit chance is not good its hard work firing relocating rearming but the odds will get them eventually.

The ground battle I would generally do low key till his air is at an acceptable level the worst problem with those helos in my view is there scouting ability if vision is below 60, start every turn by locating his helos with your radar AA so you can get an idea of what he can see otherwise any ambush is probably blown.
Your tanks are totaly ouclassed if have any armour use only to snipe at his APCs as have MGs only or for infantry support.
Your infantry do not have particulary good RPGs so gang up on tanks. Need to be able to draw fire or whatever to let you get in position from flanks rear or to assault.
Cheap APCs can help this if he leaves tanks open draw fire & then send them in as a mech assault. 2 Squads who recieve no or minimal fire should take it out normally.
Tanks are a lot easier to kill if suppressed or damaged so unload use the W key to fire your RPG. Only if it still survives assault it with your last shot once its heavily suppressed. RPG teams do not work that well in mech assaults to few shots & men to asault so use them to fire at the tank in the first place if possible. The hard thing with planing these is remember the tank could pop smoke at any time & ruin your plans.
Good luck.

Last edited by Imp; July 26th, 2010 at 11:20 AM..