World Supremacy- Save $9.00

Go Back   .com.unity Forums > The Camo Workshop > WinSPMBT
Notices

Old July 18th, 2005, 11:47 AM

Shrapnel Fanatic

Thanked 5,438 Times in 2,698 Posts
DRG will become famous soon enough
Default Re: Security - Player 2 has already played this tu

Here's what I need for someone. I don't care who.

I need the turn that gives the "Player 2 has already played this turn" message AND I need the passwords for both players AND this has to be a game set up to the default folders the game installer was set up to extract the files to. If you've moved it somewhere else I don't want the saves.

I also need the same thing from anyone who is seeing an extraordinary number of loads and saves or fails messages. I need to see that and I need as much information as you can give me about it and everyone NEEDS to be honest here... Has someone been doing some un-official "testing" of the security?? ( that's the polite way of saying they have been trying to cheat. If yes... PLEASE just admit it. It's just too easy to blame the game when someones " creativity" goes badly wrong. I'm NOT saying that IS what has happend but I am say that COULD be what happens SOMETIMES). Has either side done a lot of "save and finish the turn later? exits??

If anyone HAS had the "Player 2 has already played this turn" problem but cannot send me a save I need to know what save slot you were using when it crapped out ( it might be important.....or not. I won't know until people tell me )

I also need to know if there was an extraordinary event during the turn that was sent that gave the message. For example, did ten ammo dumps explode ? was there a big para drop ? Did someone's HQ die? Did your power fade out just as you were zipping up the turn? Did you zip up the turn using Windows Explorer WHILE the game was still running?

Don

If you find you are constantly reacting to your enemy's tactics instead forcing the enemy to react to yours, you are losing the battle....
Old July 21st, 2005, 04:06 PM

Private

Thexder is on a distinguished road
Default Handling of the game files when changing computer

I'm changing my laptop to a new one in two weeks time and was wondering if this causes any problems with the WinSPMBT game files. I'm currently playing four games and at least two of them wont be ready by the time I receive my new laptop and give the old one to my sister.
So should I just istall the game to the new laptop and unzip the old games to the PBEM folder or do I need to do something more complicated in order to make them work?

Thanks,
Jukka
Old July 21st, 2005, 06:11 PM

National Security Advisor

Thanked 1,855 Times in 1,219 Posts
Mobhack is on a distinguished road
Default Re: Handling of the game files when changing compu

Quote:
Thexder said:
I'm changing my laptop to a new one in two weeks time and was wondering if this causes any problems with the WinSPMBT game files. I'm currently playing four games and at least two of them wont be ready by the time I receive my new laptop and give the old one to my sister.
So should I just istall the game to the new laptop and unzip the old games to the PBEM folder or do I need to do something more complicated in order to make them work?

Thanks,
Jukka
Absoloutely NOT as this will screw up the game in progress.

A PBEM game MUST be played on the exact same PC in the exact same folder it started in and the exact same slot with the exact same OOBS right through its entire game life.

You CANNOT re-name the save game file if you were already using say slot 2 versus Fred, and Bill sent you a game set up to use slot 2 as well. Get Bill to restart in a slot you both have free - we tell you to agree a slot between players in advance.

You CANNOT Time-share a slot with more than 1 game (e.g. trying to play games against Bill and Fred, both games are slot 1, and trying to unzipzip each game to slot 1 successively).

Some folk have reported weird results with PBEM games. I am thinking that the following may have happened:

1) A player unzipped his turn several times (Fails increased per such attempt.
2) A player tried to cheat by playing the game in another folder (separate full install of the game so different save path), or another machine (different machine name), which is effectively the same cheat (or not really cheating, but same effect - he used a laptop for some turns when travelling away from home, with a game started on the home desktop PC?).
Solution - if you plan to travel, then start and play that game on your mobile PC and NOT on the home base desktop!
3) A player renamed the PBEM files to another slot ID for some reason
4) A player was trying to "time-share" more than 1 game in the same PBEM slot number.
5) (possibly) - one of the players reinstalled the game for some reason, and then unzipped the PBEM zip into a now reinitialised game.
6) A player decided to move the game install on his machine to say the D: drive from the previous C: drive to make space or whatever available on C: (perhaps), while in the middle of an ongoing PBEM.

Cheers
Andy
Old July 22nd, 2005, 11:18 AM

Private

hogrider18 is on a distinguished road

Hi Andy, MD and I played a 1000 point game to completion, then played another 6000 point game,Russia vs Brits,May 1946,120x100, 20 turns. Got all the way to turn 17 before we got the same message as before. Really getting pissed now, that makes twice this has happened towards the end of a game.
We don't zip our files, we are both using Yahoo and upload the files and send them to each other. This has worked in our 1000 point game and worked up to turn 17 of 20 turn game, and turn 20 of a 40 turn game.
MD did mention something about turning off his bridge for some reason, and that is around the time the game quit.
Tell you the truth I am at the point that I no longer want to PBEM if the game is going to quit towards the end. I'll just go back to beating up on the AI...Biker
Old July 22nd, 2005, 12:39 PM

Quote:
hogrider18 said:
Hi Andy, MD and I played a 1000 point game to completion, then played another 6000 point game,Russia vs Brits,May 1946,120x100, 20 turns. Got all the way to turn 17 before we got the same message as before. Really getting pissed now, that makes twice this has happened towards the end of a game.
We don't zip our files, we are both using Yahoo and upload the files and send them to each other. This has worked in our 1000 point game and worked up to turn 17 of 20 turn game, and turn 20 of a 40 turn game.
MD did mention something about turning off his bridge for some reason, and that is around the time the game quit.
Tell you the truth I am at the point that I no longer want to PBEM if the game is going to quit towards the end. I'll just go back to beating up on the AI...Biker
"turned off his bridge" means what exactly?.

What does "upload via yahoo" mean - are you using some sort of chat room software?.

Cheers
Andy
Old July 22nd, 2005, 02:38 PM

Colonel

Pyros is on a distinguished road

Hi hogrider18,

Have you checked the loads, quit and fail stats ?
Did you notice anything unusual?

My early conclusion is that all people (that I know) who play a game without any kind of reload, crashes, quick zip problems etc... don't experience any kind of problems.

IMO, this problem relates with the action of "unzip" and "replay" the turn, for any given reason.

cheers,
Pyros
Old July 25th, 2005, 01:07 PM

Private

Suurajatollah is on a distinguished road

Quote:

I need the turn that gives the "Player 2 has already played this turn" message AND I need the passwords for both players AND this has to be a game set up to the default folders the game installer was set up to extract the files to. If you've moved it somewhere else I don't want the saves. ...

What is the email address where I can send the files?
Old July 26th, 2005, 10:55 AM

Private

7thcav is on a distinguished road

I am haveing this problem when I try to renter a pbem game after quiting to finish later. I get all the correct prompts about saveing to finish later which I answer yes .But can't renter the game to do so.
Old July 26th, 2005, 10:06 PM

Quote:
7thcav said:
I am haveing this problem when I try to renter a pbem game after quiting to finish later. I get all the correct prompts about saveing to finish later which I answer yes .But can't renter the game to do so.
What do you mean by "not being able to re-enter" the game?

Does it reject your password when you try to open the saved off game, or what?.

Cheers
Andy
Old August 5th, 2005, 01:32 PM

Shrapnel Fanatic

Thanked 5,438 Times in 2,698 Posts
DRG will become famous soon enough

Quote:
Suurajatollah said:
Quote:

I need the turn that gives the "Player 2 has already played this turn" message AND I need the passwords for both players AND this has to be a game set up to the default folders the game installer was set up to extract the files to. If you've moved it somewhere else I don't want the saves. ...

What is the email address where I can send the files?
Just attach them to a post in this thread

Don

If you find you are constantly reacting to your enemy's tactics instead forcing the enemy to react to yours, you are losing the battle....