Old November 11th, 2005, 10:06 AM

Shrapnel Fanatic

Thanked 5,438 Times in 2,698 Posts
DRG will become famous soon enough
Default Re: WINSPWW2?

Quote:
Marek_Tucan said:
Here is my proposal for WinSPWW2...

Would it be possible to add another country? Then I'd like to see Slovakia as independent, 03/1939 to 04/1945, so that I won't have to stuff it in the Blue OOB.
Slovakia participated in some furious battles in hte East, not mentioning the uprising in 1944, and int he same time Czechoslovakian exile troops were active in the UK and USSR. The way it was in SPWW2, there was 03/1939 to IIRC 10/1943 Slovakia and just after that the OOB represented exile forces, and even then only in the USSR.
I'll give this some thought. We have already added three "new" nations by splitting them from the main OOB. WinSPWW2 will have Chinese Communists as we as Nationalist China. France will become "Free France" in July 1940 and a new "Vichy France" OOB will appear at the same time. As well, Mussolinis RSI will appear in October 1943 and last until the end of April 1945 so yes, a 04/1939 to 10/1943 Slovakia fits in there as well .

Don

If you find you are constantly reacting to your enemy's tactics instead forcing the enemy to react to yours, you are losing the battle....
Old November 11th, 2005, 10:58 AM

Sergeant

JaM is on a distinguished road

Nice! It will allow as to make 1944 SNP uprising with all ssides involved. thanks
Old November 11th, 2005, 11:33 AM

Corporal

Beeg is on a distinguished road

Sounds great so far. I'm hoping we'll have some more of the same WinSPMBT eye candy like grounded planes, etc. RR trains would be nice

I know it's been discussed, but I'd like to see walls added. Hedgerows perform the same function but walls would add a lot of realism to WW2 type scenarios.

Thanks guys,

Beeg
Old November 11th, 2005, 12:08 PM

Captain

narwan is on a distinguished road

Separate vichy french? Now that I like. A lot. Like really really a lot. Thanks!

Narwan
Old November 11th, 2005, 01:37 PM

Shrapnel Fanatic

Quote:
JaM said:
Nice! It will allow as to make 1944 SNP uprising with all ssides involved. thanks

One little problem. The info I have was by the end of 1943 there really weren't any Slovakian field troops. The units had been decimated and reduced to construction formations. That is why the "SL" formations in the current SPww2 "Czech" OOB only exist until 10/43. Now.. if I let the Slovak Republic OOB run from 4/39 - 10/43 you would still be able to build scenarios using troops that use those ID tags in 1944 simply by changing the dates back prior to 10/43, buying them as allied then changing the dates forward again. The ( little ) I know about the Slovak Republic in WW2 was that the Germans had taken over by the time of the 1944 uprising so you would have German troops, Partisans from the Czech OOB and if need by some units using Slovak ID tags if need be using the technique I mentioned.

Don

If you find you are constantly reacting to your enemy's tactics instead forcing the enemy to react to yours, you are losing the battle....
Old November 11th, 2005, 01:44 PM

Shrapnel Fanatic

Quote:
narwan said:
Separate vichy french? Now that I like. A lot. Like really really a lot. Thanks!

Narwan
It made more sense to create an axis Vichy France that would disapear than set up the French OOB as "1940" France then Vichy France then post war france and have a sparate "free" French". This way WinSPww2 will have the "allied" French in one oob and the axis in another. In July 1940 the flag for France will automatically change to include the Cross of Lorraine then after 1944 change back to the standard flag. "Vichy France" will be represented with the standard French flag during it's existance but of course, the Free French will be tagged with the COL version so there won't be any confusion

Don

Old November 11th, 2005, 01:48 PM

Sergeant

JaM is on a distinguished road

Original plan for 1944SNP uprising counted with Slovak Infantry division from eastern parts of Slovakia (Kosice,Presov) but those soldiers were disbanded with goverment as they find out that there is something suspicious. Whole uprising was as classical fight rather than guerilla fights.They had even small number of LT-38 tanks and small number of Marders.After the german SS troops occupied Banska Bystrica, many soldiers withdrawed to mountains, where they joined with Partisans. To make good scen or campaign about it we need at least Slovak troops,Partisans, and Hlinka Guards (they fought against uprising with german SS div.)
Old November 11th, 2005, 01:54 PM

Captain

narwan is on a distinguished road

I've tried to set-up battles (for PBEM) between the US and French in SPWW2 to simulate the US Torch landings but it always reverted to a battle in mainland france, not the colonies. I assume/hope in WinSPWW2 there will the option to choose the specific location (like Morocco, Algeria, west-africa, syria, madagascar, New caledonia, french indochina, to name a few locations I hope will be present) for generated battles with the vichy french?

Narwan
Old November 11th, 2005, 02:00 PM

Shrapnel Fanatic

Quote:
JaM said:
Original plan for 1944SNP uprising counted with Slovak Infantry division from eastern parts of Slovakia (Kosice,Presov) but those soldiers were disbanded with goverment as they find out that there is something suspicious. Whole uprising was as classical fight rather than guerilla fights.They had even small number of LT-38 tanks and small number of Marders.After the german SS troops occupied Banska Bystrica, many soldiers withdrawed to mountains, where they joined with Partisans. To make good scen or campaign about it we need at least Slovak troops,Partisans, and Hlinka Guards (they fought against uprising with german SS div.)
OK then what would you suggest as an ending date for the Slovak republic?

Old November 11th, 2005, 02:03 PM

Shrapnel Fanatic

Quote:
narwan said:
I've tried to set-up battles (for PBEM) between the US and French in SPWW2 to simulate the US Torch landings but it always reverted to a battle in mainland france, not the colonies. I assume/hope in WinSPWW2 there will the option to choose the specific location (like Morocco, Algeria, west-africa, syria, madagascar, New caledonia, french indochina, to name a few locations I hope will be present) for generated battles with the vichy french?

Narwan
Vichy France will have it's own AI picklist and battle locations but they will be tied to date and opponent as is done now.

Don