.com.unity Forums
  The Official e-Store of Shrapnel Games

This Month's Specials

BCT Commander- Save $8.00
winSPWW2- Save $5.00

Go Back   .com.unity Forums > The Camo Workshop > WinSPMBT > After Action Reports
Notices

Old December 20th, 2017, 01:01 AM

Second Lieutenant

jivemi is on a distinguished road
Default Re: Red Dawn #263 Antonito

Can't recall, too smokey to see the action. Anyway AA0 is on hex 45,33 and was already listed as destroyed by turn 21. There's a Besatsung, AA5, located at 39,36 on most end-of-game maps (results differ with each end-of-turn repeat). Meanwhile AA1&2 are at 42,47 while AA3 is at 40,30 and AA4 at 42,32. These other four were also listed as destroyed by turn 21. Whether AA5 belongs to AA0 or one of the others is unclear (to me anyway).

Three tanks--B00, a PzKw IIC at 45,32; BR3, the IIIL at 40,14; and AT2, a IIIM at 39,16--are listed as abandoned on turn 21, yet at end of battle both B00 and AT2 gave full points. While I may have perched a unit on AA0 earlier, I definitely didn't for B00, BR3 or AT2, so why AA0 and BR3 only give one point while the others give in full measure is a mystery.

So it seems my original presumption that abandoned vehicles or arty don't return full points is at best only partially true. Unless I can give considerably more evidence to back up what now looks to be a dubious claim I won't trouble you any more with it.

Sorry for the hassle . Thanks for humoring me and have a great Winter Solstice. Cheers !

Last edited by jivemi; December 20th, 2017 at 01:09 AM..
Old December 20th, 2017, 08:02 AM

Shrapnel Fanatic

Thanked 5,390 Times in 2,687 Posts
DRG will become famous soon enough

Andy thinks he knows why AA0 only gave one point but it's my contention that a flaming wreak showing destroyed should be giving more than one point. So the issue is on our radar but we need to recreate the situation and things like this can be a problem to recreate.

If you find you are constantly reacting to your enemy's tactics instead forcing the enemy to react to yours, you are losing the battle....
Old December 20th, 2017, 08:05 AM

Second Lieutenant

Don't worry about it. It's too trivial to bother. Please relax and enjoy the holidays. Thanks for everything you've done this year, years past, and (I hope) the next. Cheerio.
The Following User Says Thank You to jivemi For This Useful Post:
Old December 20th, 2017, 10:11 AM

National Security Advisor

Thanked 1,853 Times in 1,217 Posts
Mobhack is on a distinguished road

If a tank or gun is abandoned, even if the crew is surviving, but the owning side has lost the game then the tank or gun is marked destroyed. The winner's abandoned but crew surviving units dont get so "killed" as he has control of the battlefield.

The remaining points for an abandoned unit (been a while since I looked into it) should be residing with the crew. If the crew dies, then the remaining points are credited to your opponent - even if on the winning side. But dead crews are not shown on the roster, only those currently alive.

The total damage should also be totting up those dead crews not shown on the roster - which is what I need to check. It may be that I need to look at when a crew is killed, it should put its carried points "back into" the original abandoned unit and then "reset" the killed crew back to 0, just so that the end user that actually tots up what is shown on the visible roster comes up with the proper final tally (which is as I say - or should be! - being done with invisible-because-killed crews being tallied by the accounting routine).
The Following User Says Thank You to Mobhack For This Useful Post:
Old June 27th, 2018, 08:41 AM

Second Lieutenant

FWIW perching a friendly on an abandoned enemy unit only gives points for crew casualties, even though it's later marked "destroyed" on the end-of-contest map and in the battle results roster. Otherwise abandonados give full points for friendly-controlled battlefields. This has been consistent over the past few months.

Anyway could be my system. Whatever.