This Month's Specials

Raging Tiger- Save $9.00
World Supremacy- Save $9.00

Go Back   .com.unity Forums > Shrapnel Community > Space Empires: IV & V

Old February 21st, 2004, 01:00 AM

National Security Advisor

PvK is on a distinguished road
Default Players wanted for PBW PvK Proportions Game #1

We could use some replacement players for the ongoing epic PBW PvK Proportions Game #1. This game has been going on for a long time, and we're into the mid-tech period with some large and strong empires still available. We could use some new blood and some action.

Come and wreak havoc! Or, come and do whatever comes naturally.

Available established empires:

Space Vikings - perhaps the most powerful empire, with two homeworlds under its control. If someone wants to join up and unleash heck on the quadrant, this would be a good choice.

The Enlightened Plague - former allies of the Vikings, who helped them conquer the Kobaians, they are also in a very strong position.

The People's Empire of Night - Were on the brink of war with the Space Vikings when both human players left. A strong military empire using the Xiati shipset.

The Slu'vek Society - a strong researching race with a pretty safe/isolated position. They have good room to expand, but have to travel a long ways to contact many other empires. Once they get warp openers, that may suddenly change.

Daitoon Consortium - Using the cool Leonine shipset, these guys have stayed to themselves in the middle. They may be kind of constrained by the Vikings and Plague, but I haven't seen much of their space. I do know that they've had about three human players come and go, so there might be something problematic about their position. Or, they might be in a good position to snatch up parts of the Vikings and Plague.

Sort-of held for Krsqk in case he ever gets his connection working again and wants to play:

Krsqk Imperium - space bugs hidden in the remotest corner of the quadrant.

Remnants that shouldn't be taken unless you only want a weak planet or two and little to go with it:

Kobaia - Their homeworld and all but one of their planets were captured by the Space Vikings and the Enlightened Plague. They have some ships, bases, and planets in exile, but when they fell to AI control, the Draconians took most of what they had given them back, since the AI violated certain treaties.

Rex Dominion - The ruling classes left and took most everything with them - there is hardly anything left, and it too is suffering from Draconian reprisals against AI treaty violations.

Anyway, this is a good chance to get into a mature position in a PBW Proportions game, which as we've seen, takes quite a long time to reach. We'd like to have some more humans in the quadrant, so please join.

PvK

[ February 20, 2004, 23:02: Message edited by: PvK ]
Old February 21st, 2004, 02:03 AM

Brigadier General

Rollo is on a distinguished road
Default Re: Players wanted for PBW PvK Proportions Game #1

wow, this game is still running?

I am willing to retake control of the Vikings and see how the AI handled things during my 'vacation'.
Dungeon Odyssey:
Hack and Slash
Version 0.53e
Old February 21st, 2004, 02:31 AM

Cool! We've got two replacement players already - Vikings and People's Empire of Night taken.

If the players agree, I think the time might be ripe to bring some excitement to this game and have a war. We've got six players with established empires now, and we could have another 3-4 if we get more players. Maybe after a few turns of players getting their bearings, we could choose sides for a two-sided team war.

Just an idea...

PvK
Old February 21st, 2004, 03:35 AM

Phoenix-D is on a distinguished road

Strong military empire..hahaha.

Of course having the AI run you that long will do unpleasent things to any empire.

I am not senile. I just talk to myself because the rest of you don't provide adequate conversation.
-Digger
Old February 21st, 2004, 07:07 AM

I thought they were strong... I may have been mistaken, since I'm not often seeing much of them. They are one of the more skilled fighting nations, with Enhanced/Enchanced skills, which puts them at least in the top three for skills. Are they going to work for you, or do you want to try someone else? I expect like the other AI races, they may at least have kept up in research and have fairly full resource coffers, meaning they can build a fleet pretty easily.

PvK
Old March 1st, 2004, 03:54 AM

Phoenix-D is on a distinguished road

Oh, they'll work. ITs just going to take a lot of sorting out.

it doesn't help of course that either the AI or the previous player scrapped two cultural centers to be training facilities..fortunately they were the organics/rads favoring ones and not the mineral ones.

They also had the really brillant idea of retrofitting ALL the space yards in a sector at once. So I have lots of broken ships.

I am not senile. I just talk to myself because the rest of you don't provide adequate conversation.
-Digger
Old March 1st, 2004, 04:34 AM

Shrapnel Fanatic

Fyron is an unknown quantity at this point

I thought that AIs neither scrap facilities nor retrofit ships.

[ March 01, 2004, 02:34: Message edited by: Imperator Fyron ]
--- Due to restrictively low sig limits, you must visit this link to view the rest of my signature.
Old March 1st, 2004, 05:01 AM

geoschmo is on a distinguished road

Well, i guess if Rollo can do that I can too. I can't wait to see what sort of condition the Daitoon Consortium is in after 18 months of my absence and having two other players and many turns under AI control.
Old March 1st, 2004, 05:30 AM

Cool - thanks Geo!

Fyron, the AI definitely retrofits ships, and I'm pretty sure it does bases too. In fact, it has a certain deranged passion for it. I wouldn't put it past it to retrofit all its construction bases at once. I don't think Askan (the previous human PEoN player) would do that, though - and if he had, they'd be fixed by now.

PvK
Old March 1st, 2004, 05:35 AM

Phoenix-D, homeworlds do have two non-Cultural-Center slots, that make sense to turn into something else (a space port and a resupply depot, which are redundant because of the CC's). In fact, it can make sense to change these from time to time to get better effects out of the homeworld. So if you have two a Space Yard, CC's, and two slots with something else, then you haven't lost any CC's.

PvK