Go Back   .com.unity Forums > The Camo Workshop > WinSPMBT > TO&Es
Notices

Old February 17th, 2019, 03:30 AM

Lieutenant General

Thanked 1,237 Times in 925 Posts
FASTBOAT TOUGH is on a distinguished road
Fallout Re: MBT's

Don,
Passive EW 4, and to be honest you schooled me here, which is absolutely fine. I always manage to get the two confused, so as much as I'd like to blame it on that 2-3am in the morning my time, I can't at least not this time.

I'm still going to look into that armor issue (India) for my own peace of mind but, I feel putting them in line with the rest will turnout not to be a premature move.

I hope to post on my mystery tank later today after I look to see if there is any further news on it once I'm done here.

I will follow-up with a "formal request" for Ukraine having gone operational with the JAVELIN-JV last June and Uganda with the KORNET-E as submitted in my last post above. I think I'm winding down. After the tank and those ATGM's, I have 2 pieces of SPA and 1 ammo supply unit for Brazil. The deal is done and units delivered. They will be units copied over from the USA which I have yet to identify what unit # they are.

If you feel like doing and Icon, China put into service a "CAESAR" type SPA which is also in service now (Last few months.) recently. I have others in the arty world that will also basically be copied over from other OOB's.

These arty issues can wait if you are "at the wall" sooner then what we talked about, just let me know.

Thanks again for straightening me out, like I've always said "you never stop learning" and now with life's imparted wisdom, "if you do, you'll stop listening" anyway just let me know and thanks again.

Time for a little research before bed.

To all a GOOD MORNING, AFTERNOON or NIGHT! Isn't our Global reach Great!!

Regards,
Pat

"Ex communi periculo, fraternitas" - My career long mentor and current friend -QMCM/SS M. Moher USN Ret..

Last edited by FASTBOAT TOUGH; February 17th, 2019 at 03:38 AM..
Old February 17th, 2019, 09:23 AM

Shrapnel Fanatic

Thanked 5,424 Times in 2,695 Posts
DRG will become famous soon enough
Default Re: MBT's

Quote:
Originally Posted by FASTBOAT TOUGH View Post
I will follow-up with a "formal request" for Ukraine having gone operational with the JAVELIN-JV last June and Uganda with the KORNET-E as submitted in my last post above. I think I'm winding down.

Regards,
Pat
Not just Uganda needs the Kornet I have discovered
https://www.army-technology.com/projects/kornet/

OPERATORS

Russia, Syria, Jordan, UAE, Kuwait, Saudi Arabia, Turkey, India, Morocco, Algeria and Greece

some we have already in the game.........some we don't. I am looking into that now. The Saudi's, in the game anyway, do not have infantry ATGM teams in the game they are either lumped in as Inf AT or mounted on vehicles so I'm looking into what they may have attached the Kornet to......... and Wiki claims Eritrea had 80 Kornet-E's were delivered in 2005 quoting Sipri as the source and there is considerably more listed and sourced on that list including the Iran and NK knock-offs

https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/9M133_Kornet

I think I see where my day is headed......

Don

If you find you are constantly reacting to your enemy's tactics instead forcing the enemy to react to yours, you are losing the battle....

Last edited by DRG; February 17th, 2019 at 10:09 AM..
Old February 17th, 2019, 11:35 AM

Lieutenant General

Sorry for opening a "can of worms" leave it go I'll make a quick search of it using SPIRI data base so you can keep on whatever else you're doing. The database covers every class of weapons to include ammunition.

Regards,
Pat

"Ex communi periculo, fraternitas" - My career long mentor and current friend -QMCM/SS M. Moher USN Ret..
Old February 22nd, 2019, 05:30 AM

Lieutenant General

First off this is not here to piss anyone off. This is to finish what I started because that's what I do, in fixing the Russian T-90S export situation as posted in this Thread on Page #88/Post #879 from that post...

"India will need further investigation I don’t understand why the STEEL and HEAT numbers do not match the above. I believe the current numbers are incorrect for the T-90S for India."

UNGANDA/T-90S/UNIT 031/AS REVISED on Page #88/Post #879/THIS IS THE BASELINE T-90S MODEL//

SIPRI data supplied as reference points to support the timeframe of the below. These are from Russia to India. India also "kit" builds their own T-90S Series UNITS. India is the largest user of the T09S Series tanks.

FOR INDIA...

INDIA/CHANGE/T-90S BHISHMA/UNIT 036/START JUN 2002 vice JAN 2004/VISION 35 vice TI/GSR 40/NO EW INDIA DID NOT ORDER SHORTORA-1/CHANGE/FC**STABILSER**SURVIABILITY**STEEL**HEAT PER REVISED UGANDIAN UNIT 031 AS SUBMITTED (UNDERSTAND STEEL & HEAT DONE)//
SIPRI 310 T-90S Tank 2001 2001-2006 (310) $600-700 m deal (incl 55% advance payment); reaction on Pakistani acquisition of 320 T-80UB tanks; 186 assembled from kits in India

INDIA/CHANGE/T-90S+BHISHMA/UNIT 037/NO EW INDIA DID NOT ORDER SHORTORA-1/SURVIABILITY**STEEL**HEAT PER REVISED UGANDIAN UNIT 031 AS SUBMITTED (UNDERSTAND STEEL & HEAT DONE)//
These would represent the ones equipped with FRENCH THALES "CATHERINE" TI/GSR and supported FCS integration equipment.

INDIA/ADD/T-90M BHISHMA/COPY CURRENT INDIA T-90S+BHISHMA/UNIT037/START JUN 2010/ADD/EW SWEDDISH LEDS-150 APS 3 SHOTS/MG 125mm 2A46M-5 Rapira vice 125mm D81T 88/FC 45 vice 40/STABLISER 5 vice 4/ERA 16/16/0/16/16/0/16 KANCHAN ERA vice current 14 KONTAKT 5 ERA//All other current numbers for the "copied" UNIT 037 especially in the STEEL and HEAT areas are good as the armor package was improved for this version.
SIPRI 347 T-90S Tank 2007 2008-2012 (347) INR49 b ($1.2 b) deal; incl 223 assembled in India

INDIA/CHANGE/T-90MS/UNIT 039/NAME T-90MS BHISHMA II vice T-90MS/DATE CHANGE ALREADY SUBMITTED PER Page #88/Post #879//
http://www.tanks-encyclopedia.com/mo...0S_Bhishma.php
http://tanknutdave.com/indian-t90-bhishma-tank/

INDIA/CHANGE/ARGUN Mk II & ARGUN Mk II+/UNITS 022 & 023/START JAN 2023 vice CURRENT//
I really don't think these will make it in the game at all in the "RW". I would say DELETE them, however, in India things "can change on a dime"

This completes the T-90S Series fixes. If these don't get in this year it's OK, AFTERALL this is INDIA we're talking about!?!

My mission is complete and my word is kept per the top para 2.

I just want to point out the whole ABRAMS, T-90S M109 SPA issues happened by accident. The valid USMC M1A1 FEP (Suhiir thank you!) was a valid issue that needed to be addressed.

However going back to the to the rest they started with valid issues as well the T-90S for VIETNAM I think it was and the M109A5/A5+ for BRAZIL.

We would find that in most cases, the issues stemmed from already game entered equipment errors from when Andy and Don "took over control" of the game, misidentified photos that were submitted which caused if you will "UNIT confusion and misinformation", equipment submitted based on Prototype and or Initial Low Rate production dates instead of FOC (In some cases I would've been THRILLED if they used IOC dates because they were that XXXXXX XX, i.e. M109A6 PALIDAN WAS OVER 10 YEARS EARLY) and not to Pontificate on the issue I will just end with plain laziness in not checking sources.

It's been a good year, it would've been more enjoyable and fruitful equipment wise if we didn't have so much rework to do.

I hope you all have a great weekend!!

For CINCLANTHOME and myself it'll be "Play Ball" on Spring Trng Opening Day!!

GOOD NIGHT where ever you are!!

Regards,
Pat

Last edited by FASTBOAT TOUGH; February 22nd, 2019 at 05:40 AM..
The Following 3 Users Say Thank You to FASTBOAT TOUGH For This Useful Post:
Old February 22nd, 2019, 05:18 PM

Corporal

RC4 is on a distinguished road

Thank you, there is a lot of work to be done in the ORBAT issues.
I dont have much time to help, if I would it would take some 3 months to give information.
Its disapointing to play a Pakistan-India scenario and lost to India with weapons they dont have.

Thanks
The Following User Says Thank You to RC4 For This Useful Post:
Old February 23rd, 2019, 02:00 AM

Lieutenant General

Thank You.

I've stated it many times and the body of work represents I feel, a "world view" of the game.

The Pakistani and Indian situation represents one of the top three flashpoints in the world. Also it represents the one with the greatest risk of potentially going nuclear.

Pakistan is looking into a multi-national tank deal with the
Ukraine for the OPLOT-P (Improved OPLOT-M version.), China for the VT-4 and Turkey for the ALTAY.

For themselves from a source (Global Security)...
"The Al Khalid tank is based on the Chinese Norinco Type-90-II Main Battle Tank (MBT). This is a Pakistani built tank, all of it except its engine is made in Pakistan. The engine is a Ukrainian one."

They've had strong ties with China and the Ukraine for a very long time.

Regards,
Pat

The Following User Says Thank You to FASTBOAT TOUGH For This Useful Post:
Old February 24th, 2019, 10:50 AM

Lieutenant Colonel

MarkSheppard is on a distinguished road

First images of M1A2C with Active Protection Systems:

https://defence-blog.com/army/u-s-ar...n-systems.html

The U.S. Army on Friday released the first detailed images of the next version of the Abrams tank with active protection systems.

The new images – made at U.S Army Yuma Proving Ground revealed the M1A2C Abrams main battle tank with the Rafael Advanced Defence Systems-developed Trophy HV hard-kill active protection systems (APSs).

The M1A2C (also know as M1A2 SEPv3) is the latest variant of Abrams tanks in production, which concluding testing at the Yuma Proving Ground, one of the largest military installations in the world.

This version rectifies many of the space, weight and power issues identified during Operation Iraqi Freedom and will be the foundational variant for all future incremental upgrades. In addition to having improved survivability, the Abrams M1A2C can host any mature technology the Army deems operationally relevant. Improvements focus on increasing the electrical power margin, Vehicle Health Management Systems, integrated counter-improvised explosive device protection, a new Auxiliary Power Unit, embedded training and an ammunition data link.

It is the most reliable Abrams tank ever produced, will decrease the Army’s logistic burden, and leads the Army in enterprise-level connectivity to maintenance and supply systems.

The M1A2C is equipped Trophy APS that eliminates enemy threats, such as rocket propelled grenades and anti-tank guided missiles.

The Israeli government first developed the Trophy technology and the U.S. Army began developing the system for the Abrams about two years ago.

Production of the system would be a collaboration between General Dynamics Land Systems, Leonardo DRS and Rafael Advanced Defense Systems Ltd. General Dynamics Land Systems is the Abrams tank Original Equipment Manufacturer; Rafael is the Original Equipment Manufacturer of the Trophy Active Protection System and is in partnership with Leonardo DRS.
Attached Images
File Type: jpg M1A2C.jpg (77.7 KB, 114 views)
The Following User Says Thank You to MarkSheppard For This Useful Post:
Old February 24th, 2019, 10:53 AM

Lieutenant Colonel

MarkSheppard is on a distinguished road

It looks to me that they also added a "glacis" applique plate to the frontal turret armor of the M1A2 as well...
Old February 24th, 2019, 02:52 PM

Shrapnel Fanatic

Thanked 5,424 Times in 2,695 Posts
DRG will become famous soon enough

https://defence-blog.com/news/turkey...on-system.html

It's already assumed on the Altay and perhaps put on other tanks as well but the Altay development mirrors the Arjun....it may happen.....someday

If you find you are constantly reacting to your enemy's tactics instead forcing the enemy to react to yours, you are losing the battle....
Old February 25th, 2019, 12:13 AM

Lieutenant General

See Post 844/Pg. 85(?) on APS current status last ref. from Jan 19, 2019 shows successful test. Money is forth coming for more systems and start of Low Rate Production. But again the SEP V3 is still in OPEVAL Status with our latest FOC date already submitted in the same Post above I believe that this might include APS testing in this process, but not likely since that post refers to the manufacturers testing. I would expect we’ll see the MBT first again hopefully as resubmitted again.

I’m getting that “What are you doing look”, I’ll just wish everyone a good night and go back on vacation.

Regards,
Pat