Raging Tiger- Save $9.00
World Supremacy- Save $9.00

Go Back   .com.unity Forums > The Camo Workshop > WinSPMBT
Notices

Old May 26th, 2013, 12:30 PM

Private

Quint is on a distinguished road
Default Re: V 7.0 Patch Sounds Questions

this is the first time that I have heard the "Ray gun" on some of the units. I also get the pop sound and when some of the MMG fires they sound like a main cannon.
Quote:
Originally Posted by DRG View Post
As well as being the perfect example of why you should never run the game from program files if you have VISTA installed this thread also points out the following..

If anyone has a custom OOB created BEFORE this patch you *MAY* hear "some "interesting" sounds when units fire" UNLESS you go though every weapon in the OOB and ensure that all the "WEAPON SOUND" data fields are ZERO

After you have ensured that all fields are zeroed you can then decide if you want to assign any special weapons sounds to those weapons. I just realized I did not explain this in the game guide so I'm making this thread Sticky as a warning and as information.

The game now looks in the weapons data for sound information as well as unitweapons but the weapons data entry HAS PRIORITY....

For example

If you have weapon sound X entered into the unitweapons area and any number OTHER THAN ZERO entered in the weapons data the game will take the weapons data number. This is why it is vital that anyone with a custom OOB ensure they zero those weapon sounds values before playing otherwise what is described in this thread will happen when the game is played.

Don
Old May 27th, 2013, 06:36 AM

Shrapnel Fanatic

Thanked 5,423 Times in 2,694 Posts
DRG will become famous soon enough
Default Re: V 7.0 Patch Sounds Questions

Quote:
Originally Posted by Quint View Post
I also got the ray gun sound.
Quote:
Originally Posted by Suhiir View Post
Using the default OOBs.

With tank main guns I get a "pop" sound.
With tank CMG's I get a "raygun" sound.

Let me try reinstalling the patch ... maybe it didn't install properly.

OK...... what unit where you using when you got that sound and was it the stock OOBs ?? I need hard info to track down and identify problems. However, anyone using an old set of OOB's .....either "stock" game OOB's from a previous release or custom OOB's WILL get the occasional weird sound unless every weapon is checked for weapon size / weapon sound entries....... it's easily done and takes a minute or two and it that's the issue here I can go over the procedure but I need to know what exacly you were doing and with what unit from what nation and from what OOB first

Don