.com.unity Forums
  The Official e-Store of Shrapnel Games

This Month's Specials

BCT Commander- Save $8.00
winSPWW2- Save $5.00

Go Back   .com.unity Forums > Illwinter Game Design > Dominions 2: The Ascension Wars > Scenarios, Maps & Mods

Old October 4th, 2004, 06:13 PM

Lieutenant General

Boron is on a distinguished road
Default Re: Amazon Mod

Quote:
FrankTrollman said:
I stand corrected then. There is a single, wretched set-up that produces only four gems. But it has lots of problems. Anyone else think that it's great idea to trade your heat aura for throwing axes?

The lack of gem production is one of many flaws with that set-up, and is simply evidence that there just aren't any viable starting positions with less than five gems.

-Frank
Well Abysia BoH has cheaper mages so 1 gem less to alchemise is not that significant .

And a lot depends on wich gems you get e.g. atlantis can pretty quick start to produce clams and get a bit extra gem income .

Fire gems are not so useful while pythium/caelum/ryleh etc. have more viable starting gem income .

But the difference in starting gem income of 4 for Abysia BoH and 10 for ermor is not really big and gets normally pretty quick insignificant .
Old October 5th, 2004, 06:26 PM

Private

Ryukenden is on a distinguished road

Suggestions for mod update:

1. Another stealth soldier, because the Wayfarer is extremely weak, and loses its effectiveness as the game progresses.

2. Give Amazon Leader some priest ability, because if amazonian society is ruled by priestesses, she should have some idea of religion.

3. A little more gem income, because the amazonian lack of great magicians* and unique units (Crystal Amazons are really the only ones that are practically impossible to find) make it much weaker as the game progresses. Also, it takes forever to get enough gems to actually use a really good spell.

Otherwise, this mod is awesome.

P.S.: The idea of a male blood slave sounds good, but wouldn't amazons feel that men are too pathetic tp even think of sacrificing them to a God? A male slave (suicide troop) sounds more appropriate.

*Although covering many fields, amazonian magic is weak, with the exclusion of the Jade Sorceresses, but those are the easiest kinds of amazons to find.
Old October 7th, 2004, 02:17 PM

Second Lieutenant

Wauthan is on a distinguished road

Thanks for a great mod PvK. It's great to have a strong matriarchial nation available. That said there are a few things I modified to suit my own tastes.

Your heroes are well balanced but a bit bland for such an exotic nation. I don't have the mod I made available on this computer but I made a caster (Amazon Queen with a pick in everything save nature,holy and water), An immortal elite infantry unit (fragile but persistent), an assassin (since amazons lack any stealth) and a superleader. Nothing fancy (save the Queen, itemforging mayhem) and perhaps silly but more of a reason to pick a luckier scale.

The units are a bit similar. Made the Jade light skirmish with leather armor and slings, Garnet expensive elite melee, Onyx heavy armor defenders and gave Crystal daggers. Made griffonriders into expensive elite commanders (two flying sacred units was a bit too much) and dropped the holy status on the lizard riders (made them cheaper as well to allow higher production).

Jade tribe is largest size so units are cheap and "common", Onyx guards the sacred sites, Garnet have changed their ways to fit in with the new ways and Crystal remains as they always have.