Raging Tiger- Save $9.00
World Supremacy- Save $9.00

Go Back   .com.unity Forums > The Camo Workshop > WinSPMBT
Notices

Old March 24th, 2013, 01:22 AM

Private

interstaterunner is on a distinguished road
Default Re: Can't delete existing core formations in campaign game

Eurika!!!! Fixed it. Somehow (and don't ask me how, I have no clue) both games got installed both in the programs files and in the specific file I told them to install in C:Shrapnel Games/The Camo Workshop/SPWWII[MBT]. The shortcut on the desktop for WW2 pointed to the custom path, MBT's shortcut directed it to the one in Program Files.... yeah, no good. So I deleted everything in the Program Files path and redirected the desktop shortcut for MBT and OUILA!!! Works flawlessly. Thank you for the help and for bearing with me!!!
Old March 24th, 2013, 09:11 AM

National Security Advisor

Thanked 1,855 Times in 1,219 Posts
Mobhack is on a distinguished road
Default Re: Can't delete existing core formations in campaign game

Quote:
Originally Posted by interstaterunner View Post
Disable UAC, it had the effect of erasing my saved games in SPMBT but didn't touch my saves in WW2. Still same problem :/ hmmmm
That is one of the "joys" of UAC if you have your game installed in a "managed" folder - which your later post says you had, inadvertently done (Program Files being a mangled directory).

UAC tries to squirrel away some (but not all) files it thinks are user-only data under your personal profile (rather than the proper game save folders) and then attempts to link these in "virtual directories" it shows you as in the "right place" through UAC tricking explorer internally.

When you switched UAC off, then the virtual folders "linkage" to the saved files actually squirrelled away in your user profile structure (and not physically under the save games folders of SP) stopped working. (The virtual stuff does not always work properly, and some files UAC thinks are user data are game data - so patch updates can get mangled - e.g. a new OOB is put under the user profile and not overwriting the old one in the games OOB folder!)

Your save games for that are somewhere under your user profile, most likely. So if you want them, you will have to go looking for them. Unfortunately - searching under user profiles can have some files hidden as Microsoft thinks these are system files!. Try a search for *.cmt and if that does not work then you will need to use explorer to tell Windows that your user profile is NOT system (show hidden files I think)

All perfectly good reasons to avoid UAC and mangled directories by installing to a custom folder. Not just for our game - you may have other older software (games and utilities) that can be made to work by the same trick of installing under a customised folder that UAC does not try to mess with.

Andy