.com.unity Forums
  The Official e-Store of Shrapnel Games

This Month's Specials

BCT Commander- Save $8.00
winSPWW2- Save $5.00

Go Back   .com.unity Forums > The Camo Workshop > WinSPMBT > Campaigns, Scenarios & Maps
Notices

Old December 11th, 2019, 01:54 PM

First Lieutenant

Roman is on a distinguished road
Default I need help to design a campaign

The idea is to make a small campaign (2 battles) where special Argentine units carry out an attack on a drug trafficking camp on the triple border of Brazil, Argentina and Paraguay.
The first battle would be in charge of the scouts and snipers with thermal sights, to take advantage of a night attack. They would take the guard posts.
In a second battle the bulk of the troop intervenes.

I have created a couple of scenarios that work well. In the first one I have an exploration force and then reinforcements arrive in turn 10, 2 before finishing the stage.
But when I want to incorporate these scenarios into a campaign, all troops appear in the deployment, the reinforcements command is deactivated.

As I do not handle English well, it may have escaped something.

I don't make a plan b. A scenario with only the troops fighting in the first scenario that would be recognizable, then I add more troops in the other scenarios.
But would it be a problem because the troops you add would be auxiliaries?
Old December 11th, 2019, 02:49 PM

Lieutenant General

Suhiir is on a distinguished road
Default Re: I need help to design a campaign

You need to create the entire OOB for the players forces and use it, unaltered, in BOTH scenarios.

Just set units that are not used in the first scenario as reinforcements that appear after the scenario time limit, thus they never appear.

People should not be afraid of their governments. Governments should be afraid of their people.

"Two things are infinite: the universe and human stupidity; and I'm not sure about the the universe." - Albert Einstein
The Following User Says Thank You to Suhiir For This Useful Post:
Old December 14th, 2019, 09:56 PM

First Lieutenant

Roman is on a distinguished road

Quote:
Originally Posted by Suhiir View Post
You need to create the entire OOB for the players forces and use it, unaltered, in BOTH scenarios.

Just set units that are not used in the first scenario as reinforcements that appear after the scenario time limit, thus they never appear.
Okay. Thanks for the reply. I'll try to do it
Old December 14th, 2019, 10:58 PM

Lieutenant General

Suhiir is on a distinguished road

In a campaign you have to select ALL the CORE units to be used and keep that part of the OOB unaltered throughout the campaign (the game itself will keep track of what's damaged/destroyed). You can add "auxiliary" (i.e. they only appear once as "Auxiliary" (ONLY) units, and of course you can do what you like with the OpFor.

To keep CORE units from appearing in a given mission just set them as reinforcements scheduled to arrive on some turn greater then the scenario length, that way they never actually show up. UNLESS they're artillery, artillery will still fire counter-battery missions, I often use this to represent air strikes the player has no control over vs OpFor off-map artillery.

People should not be afraid of their governments. Governments should be afraid of their people.

"Two things are infinite: the universe and human stupidity; and I'm not sure about the the universe." - Albert Einstein