.com.unity Forums
  The Official e-Store of Shrapnel Games

This Month's Specials

Bronze- Save $9.00
winSPMBT: Main Battle Tank- Save $5.00

Go Back   .com.unity Forums > Digital Eel > Weird Worlds: Return to Infinite Space > After Action Reports

Old November 11th, 2005, 08:40 PM

Sergeant

Wydraz is on a distinguished road
Default First Game: Scientific Mission

I just played my first full game of WW a few days ago. I have to say this is a great game! Since it was only 30 minutes, I don't think I've scratched the surface, but it definitely feels just like SAIS but with a kickass upgrade to the visuals and sounds. Ship configurations are more variable, including number of weapons and cargo capacity. I like the trading system, no more one-to-one swaps! Items have relative value now.

I played the scientific explorer ship on a large map. With one dinky weapon, my goal was to avoid all hostiles and gather up as many goodies as I could. It was actually fun knowing that I could get my butt handed to me if I chose to fight. Of course, it was easy to avoid nearby occupied stars, but I had to retreat from a couple of hostiles that were out of my scanning range. Not a problem, since I was lucky enough to discover faster thrusters early in the game.

So it was about time to return to Glory, and I was on the other side of the galaxy. I made a beeline to the system closest to Glory that I could reach, as a nebula was blocking a direct flight. It was still a long ride (over 2 years!), and about a third of the way we came close to a black hole. It looked OK, so we pressed on. Then about two-thirds of the way, another black hole! Our route looked close, but we had no choice. To turn back now would mean our deadline would be missed, and big time. So we pressed on...

And got sucked into the Black Hole.

Despite this, I had a lot of fun, and hope to discover more of WW's secrets soon.