.com.unity Forums
  The Official e-Store of Shrapnel Games

This Month's Specials

Raging Tiger- Save $9.00
World Supremacy- Save $9.00

Go Back   .com.unity Forums > Illwinter Game Design > Dominions 3: The Awakening

Old June 2nd, 2010, 01:49 AM

Second Lieutenant

militarist is on a distinguished road
Default immortals during assassination

Met one thing which is not very logical.
When my immortal assassin dies in own dominion, it appears in a capital. But when he runs away during assassination, he disappears.

That's really strange thing. How running away can be deadlier that death for immortal?
Old June 2nd, 2010, 02:16 AM

Corporal

Viajero is on a distinguished road
Default Re: immortals during assassination

Quote:
Originally Posted by militarist View Post
When my immortal assassin dies in own dominion, it appears in a capital. But when he runs away during assassination, he disappears.

That's really strange thing. How running away can be deadlier that death for immortal?
Unless I am mistaken, I read somewhere in the forum that even immortals die for good if trying to escape an assassination in own dominion. Bug? maybe.
Old June 2nd, 2010, 02:22 AM

Second Lieutenant

militarist is on a distinguished road

I had to use collars to prevent it. but it's really not logical.
Old June 2nd, 2010, 05:36 AM

BANNED USER

Calahan is on a distinguished road

Quote:
Originally Posted by Viajero View Post
Unless I am mistaken, I read somewhere in the forum that even immortals die for good if trying to escape an assassination in own dominion...
[RANT+MOAN] The accuracy of the information on these forums often depends on who it came from, and what the source of it was. Since unfortunately, (especially so for new players) a lot of just plain wrong information gets posted that only serves to confuse the hell out of people. And this happens on far too regular a basis for my liking as well even worse is that some seem intent to be continual offenders at doing this. (they may think they're helping to answer questions, but in reality they're just spreading mis-information. Barn door, horses, and all that). [/RANT+MOAN]

Not having a go at you in any way though Viajero since what you posted is absolutely correct, immortals do perma-die if they retreat from assassination attempts.

Additionally, here are three save games that should answer most questions about immortal deaths from retreat and assassinations. (not sure if I've posted these before, probably have, but may have been in an OT thread, so no guarantee a logical search would find them. This thread seems a good home though )

The save games are.....

Assass_Test - Shows an immortal dying during assassination in positive dominion, and resurrecting in capital. You can also use this game to test immortal retreating from assassination (use the TC hero as it has enough AP to retreat first round of battle)

Retreat_Death_After - Shows an immortal perma-dying due to retreating from a battle in positive dominion.

Retreat_Death_Before - Is the turn before the above battle. Useful for testing Immortal death stuff (and re-running above test)
Attached Files
File Type: zip Immortal_Assass_Test.zip (42.6 KB, 82 views)
File Type: zip Immortal_Retreat_Death_After.zip (37.0 KB, 78 views)
File Type: zip Immortal_Retreat_Death_Before.zip (34.0 KB, 72 views)
Old June 2nd, 2010, 07:52 AM

Corporal

nordlys is an unknown quantity at this point

Quote:
Originally Posted by militarist View Post

As I understand, assassinations technically play out in a virtual "province", which isn't subjected to any dominion. That's a major logical flaw indeed, but probably is an easiest way to separate the assassination target from the rest of the units in his province. Therefore, an immortal dying during assassination (whether being killed or from running away) dies outside of friendly dominion, and is gone.

Hopefully someday a patch will make the game transfer the real province's dominion to the "province" where assassination actually takes place, until than, consider it a weird feature.

Edit: so they do get resurrected if they were actually killed in assassination? hmmm... then I guess everything I wrote above is wrong.
Old June 6th, 2010, 01:08 PM

Sergeant

SciencePro is on a distinguished road

My experience (unless I'm mistaken) has been that immortals killed in friendly dominion by assassinations or by ritual attacks like mind hunt still resurrect in the capital.

Immortals that die while retreating are dead-dead no matter where they are.

Retreating during an assassination has the same effect as dying while retreating.