Go Back   .com.unity Forums > The Camo Workshop > WinSPMBT > TO&Es
Notices

Old June 2nd, 2013, 02:18 AM

Lieutenant General

Thanked 1,237 Times in 925 Posts
FASTBOAT TOUGH is on a distinguished road
Fallout Re: The FASTBOAT Patch page.

Don,
At your leisure only please, would like your thoughts on the following...
1. INDIA: ADD/MiG-29K/As you know this is the Russian Naval version. India just last month commissioned it's first INA Squadron. They will operate off the INS VIKRAMADITYA which Russia is due to deliver later this year, however as you know as well they could operate off any military airfield. Do you think it worth our time?

2. Tank vision issue...Are you willing to do 45 TI/GSR? Last I posted on FRANCE's LECLERC (FCS IRIS) and ITALY's ARIETE (FCS GALILEO) I felt reasonably sure that the newer versions of these tanks should have the 50 TI/GSR we've started to update in the last patch on some other tanks. The following are my main concerns right now, LECLERC is simply a ref. issue w/a 50/50 split on those that support 40 and those that support 50 in TI/GSR. ARIETE is to a lesser degree about refs. but more a technical one dealing with the FCS, specifically the ARIETE only uses components of the GALILEO system. In contrast the CENTAURO uses the full system which makes sense as part of it's intended mission is long range RECON/Surveillance and I'll be requesting the type to be bumped up to 50 TI/GSR in the next PP in this thread. The compromise is the only way I can reconcile these two tanks at this time. By the same token I do understand the possible future of the proverbial "opening of the flood gates".

Thanks in advance! Also saw your last in the APC Thread. Just like you to put those two BRADLEYS together so I'd miss at least one. Well you gotta blame someone after all!?!

Have a great weekend!

Regards,
Pat
Old June 2nd, 2013, 03:32 AM

Shrapnel Fanatic

Thanked 5,423 Times in 2,694 Posts
DRG will become famous soon enough
Default Re: The FASTBOAT Patch page.

OK

Don
The Following User Says Thank You to DRG For This Useful Post:
Old July 28th, 2013, 10:06 PM

Lieutenant General

Don,
Can the use of the dual purpose grenade launchers on the Swedish STRV-122/122B be activated in the last available weapons slot to fire off (In real life by the tank commander manually.) either buckshot/flecette, HE-blast or fragmentation grenades? This is a unique feature of the Gallix System dual purpose launchers installed on these tanks (And others.) which can be loaded internally. This does not go without precedence in the real world or game world in regards to the 60mm mortars carried on Israeli
(MERKAVA 4b) and Turkish tanks (M-60T). We chose to have the LAHAT added instead for the latter two if you remember. As far as I can find out Sweden is the only country using those type of 80mm grenades of the ten or so that are available for use with these launchers.

Regards,
Pat
Old July 29th, 2013, 01:34 AM

Shrapnel Fanatic

It would be similar to the Nahverteidigungswaffe ( NahVtdgW weapon 151 ) in the WW2 German OOB

Don
Old July 29th, 2013, 09:45 AM

National Security Advisor

Thanked 1,853 Times in 1,217 Posts
Mobhack is on a distinguished road

Quote:
Originally Posted by DRG View Post
It would be similar to the Nahverteidigungswaffe ( NahVtdgW weapon 151 ) in the WW2 German OOB

Don
Or the GALIX already fitted on the French Leclercs?.

Andy
Old July 29th, 2013, 02:21 PM

Lieutenant General

As posted it is the GALIX Self Defence System. And yes it was first used by the French on the LECLERC MBT in JAN 1992. The next is taken from the first ref. below...

"Status
Production. In service with France (Leclerc МВТ), Saudi Arabia (8x8 Piranha LAV), Italy (Ariete МВТ and Centauro (8 x 8) tank destroyer/armoured car), Sweden (CV 90 family and Strv 122 МВТ) and United Arab Emirates (Tropicalised Leclerc МВТ and variants)."

Again I can only confirm (For now.) that the Swedes are using the weaponized grenades as noted in Post 143 above. This ref. would also "suggust" that the Swedish CV-90 would have the same defensive capibilities as afforded to the STRV-122/122B weapons slot permitting.
http://www.army-guide.com/eng/product719.html
http://www.nexter-group.com/en/produ...ponent&print=1

If you give me the green light on these grenades, I can submit it with the changes I have to make on these tanks anyway. My confusion in how I submitted my info and then corrected it combined with your workload managed to screw up the STRV-121/122 issues submitted in the last patch. The STRV-122/122B would still retain it's defensive smoke (Anti-IR etc.) abilities, they are equipped with sixteen grenade launchers, with eight to a side by a row of six and below two off set aft of the center mark of the above row. Of course they are turret mounted.

Regards,
Pat
Old July 30th, 2013, 08:34 AM

Shrapnel Fanatic

Go ahead. If we can fit them it they should be there

Don
The Following User Says Thank You to DRG For This Useful Post:
Old July 30th, 2013, 08:55 AM

Shrapnel Fanatic

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mobhack View Post
Quote:
Originally Posted by DRG View Post

Don
Or the GALIX already fitted on the French Leclercs?.

Andy
And the UAE Leclercs in the Gulf States OOB

http://www.army-guide.com/eng/product719.html

Quote:

Production. In service with France (Leclerc ), Saudi Arabia (8x8 Piranha LAV), Italy (Ariete and Centauro (8 x 8) tank destroyer/armoured car), Sweden (CV 90 family and Strv 122 ) and United Arab Emirates (Tropicalised Leclerc and variants).

The question now is what year where they installed on the non French vehicles

Last edited by DRG; July 30th, 2013 at 09:06 AM..
Old July 31st, 2013, 03:36 AM

Lieutenant General

Don,
Thank you! Concerning launcher install dates and Grenade types...Sweden we know at least for the STRV-122/122B. The CV90 types should be cut and dry as well. And I don't think the others should be that difficult based on GALIX availability date vs armor availability dates for the units in question with the possible exception of the Italian ARIETE. And the other issue for the other countries did they go the same route as the Swedes in choice of grenades? Again except for the STRV-122/122B I can't confirm the use of those grenade type(s) on any other platform to include the Swedish CV90 types. Launcher verification installation is again I think easily done though.

Also I've sat on this issue for awhile concerning the reorganization of Dutch artillery units that occurred this past January 2013. I need to get it to you now so you have the lead time if needed to act on this. The ref is straight from the Dutch MOD.
http://www.defensie.nl/english/lates...id_combination

These might be of some interest for game developers, though if you've paid attention over the last two years you'll have figured out these are pre May 2011 and then (-) the LEOs, pre Jan 2013. Don't wait too long though, they might actually decide to update the site!?!
http://www.defensie.nl/english/lates...ds_with_a_bang
http://www.defensie.nl/english/army/...obile_brigade/
http://www.defensie.nl/english/army/...nised_brigade/
http://www.defensie.nl/english/army/...nised_brigade/
http://www.defensie.nl/english/army/...ommando_corps/

Note CV90-35NL ratio to the YPR-765 (M-113) should have increased over the last couple of years. If the time table holds the YPR-765 should be fully phased out by the end of this year. I'll wait for MOD to make that announcement before I take any action on it.

Gotta hit the rack!!

Regards,
Pat

Last edited by FASTBOAT TOUGH; July 31st, 2013 at 03:48 AM..
Old September 2nd, 2013, 10:14 PM

Lieutenant General

Don,
Hope you had a great weekend! CINCLANTHOME just wanted everyone to know she can "hang with the boys" as we both rode (30min.) in the turret of a fully restored original M8 across a field through the mud and puddles with mud in our faces and a little on our cloths in a light rain on 24 Aug before our ballgame that night. What amazed me is how fast it accelerated to it's top speed of 56mph. That was a good lead in to get you into the WWII frame of mind with item one below as it could cross over into both games if acted upon. So...
1) I just finished reading the final installment of Pulitzer Prize (For book one.) winning author Rick Ackinsons "Liberation Trilogy" in it he spent ~three full pages ( 458-462) of the Battle of the Bulge section discussing code name 'Posit" better known as the "VT" or "T-98" fuze. It's first use was in AA in the early 40's, then for the same purpose in the Pacific by the USS HELENA in Jan. 1943 to bring down a Japanese plane. For eighteen months the rounds with the fuze could only be used at sea or in friendly territory for fear of a dud falling into enemy hands. This fuze was the reason for the high degree of success it saw against the V-1 over London during the "second blitz and in Antwerp "...-British officials considered them up to five times more effective than time-fuzed rounds-...".
SHAFE with approval of the "Charlie-Charlies" in the Fall of 1944got approval to supply U.S. artillery units with them on Christmas. HERBSTNEBEL changed that, IKE released them immediately to the 12th Army Group, just over 200,000 would be used a small faction of all rounds however, it would represent a 1/4 of all heavy rounds fired during the Battle of the Bulge (Mostly 155mm.).
It used radio signals to detect the ground or other targets as well as the occassional Air AO if a shell came by to close. it would explode at 50 to 75 feet above ground and was highly effective against log re-enforced bunkers both in test and in battle as reported by both sides. A single 155mm airburst reportly could shred every square foot within a 75yd. diameter.
Among a few such from both sides to include Patton himself, I end with the following for you to further consider this for the games...During tests in North Carolina a senior Army general was qouted "the most important new development in the ammunition field since the introduction of high explosive projectiles." The situation from the German prospective as reported bt one was "pure manslaughter," and "The devil himself could not escape." About the time of the battle 2 million fuzes a month would be produced at a cost of $20 each.
If not addressed and it is decided to do so, recommend these be assigned to 155mm units only though AA units did have them in June 1944 to protect the Mulberries and later after the fall of Antwerp I cannot find any evidence to suggust they used them in the AA role anywhere else on the continent at least not until the Bulge but think January 1945 better.
Taken all together in his "notes" section he sites almost a full page of military and other ref. sources (NOTES / 763 & 764.)

2) Are you ready for TARGETING pods? These are as prolific as the weapons carried on the planes. If allowed though in real life it would be well in excess of this number, thinking 80 vision a feel good number at least should be 60 "podless" for some planes to say we recognize this technology but also the improved air to ground electronics out there for the last few years. An example of this (And has to be added.) the South Korean F-15K(?) they got a couple of years ago and have chosen to order more of over the F-35 (ouch!) just recently. I would not try to add new units for the "major players" if it can be avoided it'll take longer but date changes just might work this could be for next year for most units however one or two would have to be addressed unless South Korea wouldn't be an issue. Why South Korea? Because in both deals every jet bought was equiped with a SNIPER Pod matched to it.

3) Russian UNIT 059 T-90AM the MG is correct as is the TI/GSR but, that gun is not the standard one mounted on the T-90 series it has been improved upon. I offer the same main ref. again of which others support the following, this taken from the armament section...Well it won't let me cut/paste so basically the changes made the techinical dispersion was reduced on average by 15% of all types of shells thus increasing the effective range of fire. I'm not sure if it matters here or not as I'm not sure how to quantify that range increase number. I'm sure the ~15% number above doesn't = to a ~15% increase in range.
http://www.armyrecognition.com/index...k=view&id=5230

At your leisure-THANKS!

Regards,
Pat

Last edited by FASTBOAT TOUGH; September 2nd, 2013 at 10:23 PM..