.com.unity Forums
  The Official e-Store of Shrapnel Games

This Month's Specials

Raging Tiger- Save $9.00
World Supremacy- Save $9.00

Go Back   .com.unity Forums > The Camo Workshop > WinSPMBT > Campaigns, Scenarios & Maps
Notices

Old January 8th, 2009, 02:09 AM

Major

Double_Deuce is on a distinguished road
Default Israeli forces involved in Northern Gaza?

Not sure the level of information available this early on but does anyone have links to or information on IDF units operating in or near Bayt Hanun at the start of the incursion? I have found generalized information such as "Large IDF ground forces, including Armored and Engineering corps units, as well as infantry soldiers are currently operating in the Beit Lahiya and Beit Hanoun areas".

I have been checking out Marek_Tucan's map and may do a scenario or small campaign BUT more detail is needed if anyone has it. Thanks.
Old January 8th, 2009, 07:12 AM

Major

Marek_Tucan is on a distinguished road
Default Re: Israeli forces involved in Northern Gaza?

There is for sure the bulk of Golani brigade. As for equipment, you may check www.tank-net.org, AFV section has a nice thread with pics from Gaza - mostly Achzarits from the last few days. Also plenty of Merkavas seen were MkII or III (uparmored), relatively few MkIV - my guess is that MkIV is seen as "unneccessary" for gaza and is reserved for the case Hezbollah wakes up in the North.
Among the photos of troops gathering for the ground op there was even atleast a company of Mag'ach 7C, presumably reserve unit.
Old January 10th, 2009, 03:29 AM

Major

Marek_Tucan is on a distinguished road

Another interesting thread on the
Tank-Net

Especially this:
Quote:
As far as AT weapons the Hamas really doesn't have anything more advanced than RPG-7 in any significant quantities. They might have a few Saggers here and there, if at all. I heard rumors of RPG-29's, but again, even if they have those, most likely very few. They do have a lot of home grown RPGs and various rockets (Manic I think posted a clip featuring one of these earlier), but they generally suck.
Realizing this as a problem, they bank on using IEDs in a big way - and these they have ****loads of, in all shapes and sizes, up to several hundred kilograms (yes, really). They have managed to destroy Merkava's before, and are hoping to do it again. If/when the IDF will get into the really dense urban zones, the centers of their cities, it will have to be by foot.
Old January 11th, 2009, 05:41 PM

Corporal

gingertanker is on a distinguished road

I highly doubt Magach 7s will be used in Gaza there is no shortage of modern tanks. the pictures on tank-net are not from Gaza they are from a training area near(even not that near) Gaza.

Just so you guys dont start making Magach 7 scenarios for Gaza