.com.unity Forums
  The Official e-Store of Shrapnel Games

This Month's Specials

Raging Tiger- Save $9.00
World Supremacy- Save $9.00

Go Back   .com.unity Forums > Illwinter Game Design > Dominions 3: The Awakening

Old November 19th, 2008, 02:45 PM

Major General

MaxWilson is on a distinguished road
Default Re: Priests

Quote:
Originally Posted by vfb View Post
Slaves usually rack up fatigue pretty fast so reinvig 5 is not going to help a whole lot, and there's probably better things you can use your gems for.
Regen for slaves is sometimes much better than reinvigoration 5 for slaves. Even better if you can get a master to cast Soul Vortex, so the slaves all Soul Vortex each other + their chaff guards.

-Max

["Memories of Ice", by Steven Erikson. Retranslated into l33t.]
Old November 19th, 2008, 02:47 PM

BANNED USER

chrispedersen is on a distinguished road

Quote:
I think it's not intentional (4 casts per round for a communion-boosted holy-only priest), so it's pretty much an exploit if you choose to do it.

And I'm not sure what you mean by "human commander". Communion slaves need at least one non-holy magic path (except Pythium communicants).

Slaves usually rack up fatigue pretty fast so reinvig 5 is not going to help a whole lot, and there's probably better things you can use your gems for.

Yeah, this is always one of the things I want to know if its considered an exploit or not in the game. Usually, its not classified as an exploit.

Seems to be too minimally useful to really *be* an exploit althought I love the trick myself. But .. I really thought it worked with crystal shields as well as matrixes.. but no I haven't checked it recently.
Old November 19th, 2008, 02:50 PM

BANNED USER

chrispedersen is on a distinguished road

Quote:
Originally Posted by MaxWilson View Post
Quote:
Regen for slaves is sometimes much better than reinvigoration 5 for slaves. Even better if you can get a master to cast Soul Vortex, so the slaves all Soul Vortex each other + their chaff guards.

-Max
Interesting. I wonder if there is a nation built along these lines:

Really need nature on the pretender for regen
and then sacred, big HP units
with blood/astral mages.
Old November 19th, 2008, 05:11 PM

Lieutenant General

JimMorrison is on a distinguished road

Quote:
Originally Posted by chrispedersen View Post
Quote:
Originally Posted by MaxWilson View Post
Quote:

-Max
Interesting. I wonder if there is a nation built along these lines:

Really need nature on the pretender for regen
and then sacred, big HP units
with blood/astral mages.
That actually has some serious cool factor. The sacred units need not be large, as Soul Vortex only saps 1HP from each neighboring unit. Spaced apart, each slave could have 5 Flagellants for example, and once blessed would become a living Flux Capacitor for your artillery batteries. Just E4/N4 bless would give you +12 Fatigue per turn with 5 guards, and if you can pop on Summon Earthpower you're at +16 fatigue for happy casting times. Then since you need less slaves, may as well throw on a couple items, as that would magnify the number of masters you can have out..... Oh it's sick. But I think Soul Vortex is resistable, so you'd have to pay attention to MR on your guards, and maybe even give your slaves an Eye of the Void to guarantee their energy supplies - I notice my slaves tend to lose eyes a lot anyways..... I burn them kind of hard usually.