Warning: Illegal string offset 'type' in [path]/includes/class_postbit.php(294) : eval()'d code on line 65
MP Noobs & Vets: Rise of the AI Menace. EA, BI. Game Over. Team ACGHHS wins! - Page 99 - .com.unity Forums
.com.unity Forums
  The Official e-Store of Shrapnel Games

This Month's Specials

Raging Tiger- Save $9.00
World Supremacy- Save $9.00

Go Back   .com.unity Forums > Illwinter Game Design > Dominions 3: The Awakening > Multiplayer and AARs

Old January 10th, 2010, 08:56 AM

Major General

DrPraetorious is on a distinguished road
Default Re: Noobs & Vets: Rise of the AI Menace. EA, BI, Running.

I had misunderstood the nature of the bug, and this one is even more known. On the bug I thought this was about - if player A and player B both try to send 20 items to player C in the same turn, even if player C has plenty of lab room, sometimes it doesn't work. So don't do that.

Since it appears that the vote is going against me, the procedure I suggest would be - let Gandalf open up the one .trn file involved twice, and redo it from start (since that is the only way to get items back, they're still gone if you delete all messages,) restoring whatever orders Gandalf can see and the one or two most important messages.

This should only take a few minutes and then we can get on with this. But, let us give the remaining players time to vote in the poll if they have an opinion.
If you read his speech at Rice, all his arguments for going to the moon work equally well as arguments for blowing up the moon, sending cloned dinosaurs into space, or constructing a towering *****-shaped obelisk on Mars. --Randall Munroe
Old January 10th, 2010, 10:35 AM

Shrapnel Fanatic

Gandalf Parker is on a distinguished road

No one other than Sauromatia lost messages this turn. I can verify that because the game log shows the 20 messages sent by Sauromatia and no other nation came close to 20 messages sent or received. (player to player messages since those are the only ones that count against the limit)

@DrP: Id suggest that Sauromatia redo the turn if thats what is voted. Of that he find a 3rd party if thats desired.
Old January 10th, 2010, 12:06 PM

BANNED USER

chrispedersen is on a distinguished road

I sent out messages to wraithlord, executor, and vfb.

Vfb declined inline, I haven't heard from executor, however wraithlord has very nicely agreed to help. As soon as we get an email address I'll be forwarding the turns to him, and to KO.

Edit: email address received. Wraith will do it tonight!
Old January 10th, 2010, 04:03 PM

Lieutenant Colonel

Septimius Severus is on a distinguished road

OK, I'm closing the polls, the results were 8(9 if Grudge is included) to 3 in favor of a rollback. Some of us may not be happy, I know me and Gandalf are not, and I know for sure DrP isn't but we must adhere to the decision. I am proud of all of you. We've handled this in a most civil and organized manner like adults should.

Gandalf has been informed to start the rollback, restore everyone else's .2h files except for Sauro and to only allow Sauro (squirrel to resubmit/redo). ACGHHS may opt for a neutral party to do the turn, but as long as Squirrel doesn't make any other changes, I'm fine with him doing it. The turn is to be sent directly to Gandalf. No other submissions will be allowed.

Lets get this done and over with as quickly as possible. While I frankly can't understand why any single player might send more than 20 messages per turn, it is possible I suppose. Lets avoid it and any more rollbacks in the future if we can.

Thanks.

Be harmonious, enrich the soldiers, and scorn all other men.
-Emperor Septimius Severus, to his sons shortly before his death, quoted in Dio Cassius (77.15.2).
Old January 10th, 2010, 04:41 PM
Major General

Squirrelloid is on a distinguished road

Really sorry to have been such a bother.

I am happy to do the turn and let gandalf verify it is otherwise identical to the previous turn except for messages sent.

That said, I will not be able to do so until tonight sometime, so if someone wanted to repeat my actions and redo the messages with an appropriate number of things sent in the meantime, I'd be fine with that. Please coordinate with Chris as to the nature of the messages that should be sent. A review of our team forum by a neutral party would confirm which particular messages we know did not arrive, that they had been requested/proposed earlier, and that we were confused by their absence, if people want to be satisfied that we aren't ordering new sendings in response to the new turn.
Old January 10th, 2010, 09:24 PM

BANNED USER

chrispedersen is on a distinguished road

Thanks all.
Old January 11th, 2010, 04:10 AM

Lieutenant Colonel

Septimius Severus is on a distinguished road

Chris tells me Grudge was able to cast a vote, though apparently he still cannot use the message system (for reasons that I still don't yet comprehend). We shall therefore assume this to be the case in any future vote. 8/3 final tally.

Turn 33 Revisited. Looks like we are back in business and back again at turn 33. Generally on a rollback you expect two sets of turn files (the rollbacked turn (32) and the redo (33) but apparently Gandalf has just sent us the only the necessary one). I suspect that Gandalf has either decided to leave the forced timer off till the end of this redone turn (which we should be expediting) or till he can get a chance to set it.

At least 7 or 8 of us, had went ahead and sent in a our turns for 33 last time before we learned of the outcome of the vote (and to cover our bets ). But it is IMPORTANT that everyone delete their old .2h files (which contains your orders for turn 33) from the folder. While Dom3 generally won't let you load up the old .2h file with the new turn file (you'll get a nagok gik fel) it has no control over what you do on your own, i.e. do not just send in the old .2h file done with the old turn assuming all will be fine. You MUST redo your turn to avoid any issues when you send it to the server and when it comes time to host.

If you've forgotten what you've done you can review the old turn and .2h before placing the new one in the directory and deleting the .2h file. This is just an FYI for those who may be new and for those of us who may have forgotten.

You'll notice that this time, the message stating C'tis has been vanquished is not present and are therefore still officially in the game, but it won't be for long I suspect.

Be harmonious, enrich the soldiers, and scorn all other men.
-Emperor Septimius Severus, to his sons shortly before his death, quoted in Dio Cassius (77.15.2).

Last edited by Septimius Severus; January 11th, 2010 at 04:19 AM..
Old January 11th, 2010, 07:11 AM

Lieutenant Colonel

GrudgeBringer is an unknown quantity at this point

Well, the first time I saw the poll it wouldn't let me hit one of the choices.

Ten minutes later....I hit the wrong link and was back there, tried agian and bingo, it worked.

YOU don't understand why I can't post?

Try looking at through this end when I have to go thru 10 PM's with Chris and spend all his time (not to mention mine) giving and getting orders!!!

My wife thinks my Computer is haunted as it NEVER shows the same thing she gets on hers, and I'm to dumb to know how to change it.
Old January 11th, 2010, 10:10 AM

Captain

Immaculate is on a distinguished road

i got the turn sent to me.
remember to set tirnanog to the new player please.
Old January 11th, 2010, 10:55 AM

Shrapnel Fanatic

Gandalf Parker is on a distinguished road

The file came in JUST as I was logging off for bed. I hosted but forgot to restore the timers. They are back now.

The change of player I probably would have missed anyway. Restoring all files for the previous turn also restored the outmails file. I think I did a manual just now that worked. Let me know if it didnt. The outmail list is fixed for next hosting.

PLEASE everyone be careful to use the latest file sent. Even if you are only making the same changes you did last time and already sent. We need a new one based on this latest trn file.