Raging Tiger- Save $9.00
World Supremacy- Save $9.00

Go Back   .com.unity Forums > Illwinter Game Design > Conquest of Elysium II

Prev Previous Post   Next Post Next
Old September 17th, 2007, 05:26 PM

Private

kongxinga is on a distinguished road
Default Any good tips for starting out?

I have been trying out numerous starting strategies for the various factions. What I want to know is everyone's preferences.

Most factions start with an additional commander unit with their lord.

Do you
1. Add all the troops to your main lord and send him to take high priority targets like defended mines, while the sub commander runs around scouting and flagging undefended resources?

2. Same as above, but the troops are with the sub commander while the lord runs around scouting and flagging resources (good for taking those resources defended by 1 or 2 weak units if your lord is not a pushover).

3. Send out your lord with troops while keeping your sub commander near your citadel for defense and to bring along reinforcements?

or

4. Remove commander powers from sub commander and add him with the lord? I find the commanders are great at soaking damage, and often saves lives because of their damage soaking potential.

I find (4) works quite well for me, although I started out doing (1) then (2). The problem is that I am frequntly eliminated when a neutral kills my undefended citadel. But somehow I feel leaving a commander at the home citadel is going to put a big dent in my cash flow.

What is everyone's starting moves? Do post and comment.

P.S By the way, I like to say this is a great game. Love the maharajah faction personally, but I am partial to dwarves too. Only snags I've run into is the "computer trapped on island" bug and being unable to figure out what "o" use location's special pwer is used for.