winSPWW2- Save $5.00

Go Back   .com.unity Forums > The Camo Workshop > WinSPWW2
Notices

Old April 4th, 2019, 01:42 PM

Shrapnel Fanatic

Thanked 5,390 Times in 2,687 Posts
DRG will become famous soon enough
Default Re: Infantry class differences, MG fire modes while delaying

Besides, An A0 unit has nearly identical FOOing ability but getting the AO killed ends your campaign so you want a FOO that can get in a bit more harms way than the HQ should. A FOO (or FO if you prefer ) should be the first thing you buy for your core as the HQ is automatic. Then after that buy the arty you want for your core.....then buy the rest

If you find you are constantly reacting to your enemy's tactics instead forcing the enemy to react to yours, you are losing the battle....
The Following User Says Thank You to DRG For This Useful Post:
Old April 4th, 2019, 02:02 PM

National Security Advisor

Thanked 1,853 Times in 1,217 Posts
Mobhack is on a distinguished road

Making A0 a vehicle of some sort
- loses his artillery ability
- means the enemy planes will probably strafe him
- or some random tank will pop him

A0's job is to hide on the baseline. He is the link to off-map artillery (If you lose A0 then they will fall off the radio net more often) and if you lose A0, the campaign is over.

Loss of A0 is a bad thing on the morale front - it is more likely that your troops will reach "force broken" status if he is dead or in rout.

Don't risk A0, basically. Fighting is not his job - this is not SP1 where you were limited to about 24 core units so "Ramboing up" the A0 was worth the risk. Our cores can go up to 200.
The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to Mobhack For This Useful Post:
Old April 4th, 2019, 02:30 PM

Corporal

anlubue is on a distinguished road

A campaign with 10 maps. 40x60, foo additionally and no experiments with the headquarters. I promise it! Thank you all together for your help.

"I also have created many good starter scenarios (check the guide under the tutorial section for beginning scenarios list)."

I'll play them Zovs66, but the one with Michael Witmann I leave out. thanks for creating them!

Thanks Scorpio and DRG for your additional Tips

-loses his artillery ability

Mobhack, damned that was exactly my plan behind the plan but I really did not want to admit that.

imp: At the moment I am reading "Ecology of the Planted Aquarium" by Diana Louise Walstad and "Mortars and Rockets" from Terry Chamberlain and Terry Gandler. Both are probably not suitable to speak better English, but I hope something stays.
Old April 4th, 2019, 05:08 PM

First Lieutenant

Roman is on a distinguished road

Quote:
Originally Posted by anlubue View Post
A campaign with 10 maps. 40x60, foo additionally and no experiments with the headquarters. I promise it! Thank you all together for your help.

"I also have created many good starter scenarios (check the guide under the tutorial section for beginning scenarios list)."

I'll play them Zovs66, but the one with Michael Witmann I leave out. thanks for creating them!

Thanks Scorpio and DRG for your additional Tips

-loses his artillery ability

Mobhack, damned that was exactly my plan behind the plan but I really did not want to admit that.

imp: At the moment I am reading "Ecology of the Planted Aquarium" by Diana Louise Walstad and "Mortars and Rockets" from Terry Chamberlain and Terry Gandler. Both are probably not suitable to speak better English, but I hope something stays.
Hi friend. And after you do all that I propose to play a game PBEM ....

I think there is not much to add to what they taught him. Only it's good what you propose to do short battles on small maps with few troops. That will help you to know how the units react in battle. The battle orders that happened to him are pretty good, but he would try to use more variety of troops.
Infantry, motorized infantry, scouts, sniper, antitank infantry, machine guns, antitank guns, mortars, off-map artillery, armored vehicles and tanks.
That would be within two reinforced companies.
You can buy the two companies, one infantry and one armored company.
You can remove platoons from these companies so that you do not have as many units and fill the gaps with auxiliary or support units mainly in the armored company. Remember that you can assign those units added to any of the companies (button "h" details of the company ... etc.).
That is, it uses combined forces.
As you move through the campaign and see that you manage the units well you can add platoons and attach them to the companies you already have, or add more companies. It is as if he were promoted from a lieutenant commanding a reinforced company to colonel or general when he has one, two or three battalions.
If you are interested, I can see how to put together a campaign and send you the saved game. It is good long campaign although I do not finish it. In generated campaign you can only choose 3 opponents. In the German long campaign he can fight with Poland, France, perhaps Holland, England, Australia, Russia ... in the first 15 or 20 battles.
The Following User Says Thank You to Roman For This Useful Post:
Old April 4th, 2019, 07:31 PM

Corporal

Quote:
Originally Posted by sigeena View Post
for better C&C.
Thanks sigeena, what is the meaning of C&C?
Old April 4th, 2019, 07:37 PM

Corporal

Hello Roman, thank you for all the information and especially for the support with the save, but then I could not put together my own troops or maybe I just did not understand good enough? But just do it in an attachment, I'll definitely try it. After all, I have nothing to do for more than a week. Except to try Zov's beginner scenarios to then start my 10 map 40x60 campaign. I am really looking forward to it.
If time gets too short, I will neither rinse nor clean up till my job is done. I only do this for my country!

I have read till now, totally forgotten the time so I answer this late. Look whom I discovered on a photo. He is also in our game :-)
Attached Images
File Type: jpg ss_mann.JPG (87.6 KB, 412 views)

Last edited by anlubue; April 4th, 2019 at 07:47 PM..
Old April 4th, 2019, 07:45 PM

Shrapnel Fanatic

Thanked 5,390 Times in 2,687 Posts
DRG will become famous soon enough

Quote:
Quote:
for better C&C.
Command and Control

If you find you are constantly reacting to your enemy's tactics instead forcing the enemy to react to yours, you are losing the battle....
The Following User Says Thank You to DRG For This Useful Post:
Old April 4th, 2019, 08:12 PM

First Lieutenant

Roman is on a distinguished road

anlubue
Here are the files. Your task is to assign the units that are added. You'll see I bought an infantry company, but I removed two original platoons and added two platoons of panzer grenadiers. You must assign them to company F. As to the other support units.
I bought a company of medium tanks. But since at the beginning of the war there were few Panzer IV and III tanks, I only left the panzer IV of the company chief, a panzer platoon II and added armored cars and a panzer platoon III. So you must assign these last units to the armored company.
I hope you have made me understand ... I do not speak English very well and I use the google translator.
As you advance in the campaign you can add units or buy new ones trying to do something similar to what I did, with what you think is necessary. You can also consider enlarging the map.
Attached Files
File Type: rar Long Champ.rar (61.7 KB, 344 views)
The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to Roman For This Useful Post:
Old April 5th, 2019, 06:26 AM

Corporal

Quote:
Originally Posted by DRG View Post
Quote:
Quote:
for better C&C.
Command and Control
These are exactly those moments where I wish that I had thought about instead of asking. They were always right! Instead of a brain, the dear god has put an air freshener into my head. Thanks and Ouch
Old April 5th, 2019, 06:49 AM

Corporal

Quote:
Originally Posted by Roman View Post
I use the google translator.
Jesuuus Roman, Google? Then if we both write to each other it is practically as if there were two translation programs talking to themselves? I Imagine we would not write but talk to each other. The people from this forum would certainly laugh, because it would be like two Klingons with harelip, trying to speak Romulan. Has to be funny!

I will start your campaign as soon as I am done with my 60x40x10 map thing. Thank you for your care.

Saludos cordiales a Argentina, en Unión y Libertad