.com.unity Forums
  The Official e-Store of Shrapnel Games

This Month's Specials

Raging Tiger- Save $9.00
World Supremacy- Save $9.00

Go Back   .com.unity Forums > The Camo Workshop > WinSPMBT > Campaigns, Scenarios & Maps
Notices

Old August 27th, 2005, 02:42 PM

Second Lieutenant

Artur is on a distinguished road
Default A campaign worth to consider...

Gentlemen,

I found this campaign at the file area of the old SPMBT forum. It's name is Red Storm and is based on Tom Clancy's book Red Storm Rising. I tried to get in contact with the author ekapic but no success.

I haven't played only the 1st battle but I think it is such an awesome campaign that maybe it would be a good idea to include into the patch as well. It is made for SPMBT2.0 but most likely it would work with WinSPMBT after some minor tweaks.

Don, Andy what do you think?

Artur.
Attached Files
File Type: zip 375899-RedStorm.zip (901.0 KB, 224 views)
Old August 27th, 2005, 02:59 PM

Shrapnel Fanatic

Thanked 5,422 Times in 2,694 Posts
DRG will become famous soon enough
Default Re: A campaign worth to consider...

I haven't played it and we don't include anything in the game like that without the designers permission and a lot more feedback about it first.

Does it include an escape and evade scenario on Iceland? I thought that was one of the best parts of the book

Don

If you find you are constantly reacting to your enemy's tactics instead forcing the enemy to react to yours, you are losing the battle....
Old August 27th, 2005, 03:09 PM

Second Lieutenant

No it does not include Iceland scenarios, I took a look at the battle list in the campaign editor.

Too bad it will not be included but you are right about the editor's permission. I tried to contact the guy but he has not answered my e-mail. Maybe you could give the next try

However I suggest to take a look at it maybe you will find it interesting enough...

Artur.
Old August 27th, 2005, 04:06 PM

Sergeant

scJazz is on a distinguished road

Loved the escape and evade section as well... darnit. Now I'm going to have to find the book and read it again!
Old August 27th, 2005, 04:55 PM

National Security Advisor

Thanked 1,853 Times in 1,217 Posts
Mobhack is on a distinguished road

1) it's August - he may well be off on holiday somewhere?

2) He may have changed ISP in the meantime, so his email address could have altered. Was he active on a BBS elsewhere? - if so you may be able to track him down?.

A quick google on "ekapic Red storm rising" shows him reviewing the book on amazon, and that he hails from mostar, Bosnia (2002 review date):

http://www.amazon.co.uk/exec/obidos/...344295-4311641

Assuming he is the same ektapic from his interest in reviewing the novel in question, a quick google on that name and mostar gave this home page:

http://www.geocities.com/ekapic/?200527

So - he may be the guy in question, though I could find no SP campaign on a quick tour of his site - he is interested in wargaming. And there can't be to many guys with the handle "ektapic" based in Mostar ??

Google is a wonderful tool!

Cheers
Andy
Old August 27th, 2005, 05:32 PM

Second Lieutenant

I found that homepage too...
I tried to contact him quite a while ago so it must be not related to summer holidays...

However I made another google search on "Edin Kapic" and found the following addess ekapic _at_ gmail.com. I posted him another e-mail, we shall see if he is still interested.

Artur.
Old August 29th, 2005, 07:55 AM

Private

ekapic is on a distinguished road

Hello,

I'm the 'ekapic' in question :-)

I thought that I answered your mail, Artur, because I remember reading it, but it could have slipped unanswered. Sorry, sometimes I have no time to answer them all at once and an occasional mail is "lost" in the crowd.

I considered to do an overhaul of Red Storm campaign and I have the "Regimental Commander Handbook" (tips for the campaign) already in good shape. But, I don't know if I'll have time to finish it in reasonably short time. If anybody can help, he/she'll be welcome.

For the permission issues, I authorise the campaign to be included in WinSPMBT, after the modifications and sufficient testing.

Right now I'm rereading "Red Army" bu Ralph Peters and I'm brewing some interesting scenarios based on them.

Iceland Campaign? Sounds interesting...I wished to make the Soviet landing scenario but the Lebed vehicles in SPMBT requiered too many of them to be included to accurately depict the landing (in the book they came in waves), and of course the ship that crashes in Hafnarfjordur harbour is too big to be listed in the inventory. Any ideas?

You were right, I'm on vacation, but I read my mail every day or two.

Greetings,

Edin
Old August 29th, 2005, 07:58 AM

Private

ekapic is on a distinguished road
Default My SP scenarios..

I have a small SP scenario page on my website, but it may be unindexed.

http://www.geocities.com/ekapic/sp/

They're somewhat old, however. My favourite is the Gibraltar scenario (the one that's included in SPWW2) and the "Village Visitors".

Four of my scenarios are included in SPWW2: Operation Felix, Operations Roesselsprung, Nuevas Tacticas and Carretera de la Coruña.
Old August 29th, 2005, 08:24 AM

Second Lieutenant

Default Re: My SP scenarios..

Wow we finally found you .
Do you have that handbook in electronic format?
I may be willing to test it however it is very big so the best solution would be that one person tests one scenario to make fast progress.

Artur.
Old August 29th, 2005, 09:44 AM

Major

Double_Deuce is on a distinguished road
Default Re: My SP scenarios..

Quote:
ekapic said:
I have a small SP scenario page on my website, but it may be unindexed.

http://www.geocities.com/ekapic/sp/
There are no links to it from anywhere on your site I could find.

Are you planning to update and post your WinSPMBT work? If so and when that time comes I like to add your site to the links section over at ACG/SZO. Really hope you can find time to revise the Red Storm campaign for the new version.