BCT Commander- Save $8.00
winSPWW2- Save $5.00

Go Back   .com.unity Forums > Shrapnel Community > Space Empires: IV & V

Closed Thread

Old July 16th, 2002, 02:19 PM

Colonel

Growltigga is on a distinguished road
Default Re: Ye New Galactic Bar & Grill & Phong\'s Head Cantina - After Hours

LOL, Growltigga is exceptinally glad to see Dogscoff back from the deeps, and hale and hearty, and asks him if his new-found role as guardian and lord of the sea means the Thai-style tuna steak and boquerones are off the menu?

El Scoffo, have you got another job to go too? havn't you just moved house and therefore need to service the mortgage? you are not on a limb are you cos being an overpaid lawyer (according to Geo anyhow), I am afford to lend you £1 a week

[ July 16, 2002, 13:23: Message edited by: Growltigga ]
Old July 16th, 2002, 02:27 PM

General

dogscoff is on a distinguished road

Thanks 'Tig (and thanks for the PM as well) but it's actually quite the opposite situation. All the plumpest and finest creatures of the sea will now be leaping out of the water near the cantina, desperate to be selected for the honour of being cooked and eaten by their ocean king or his esteemed associates.

If you can arrange the construction of a giant fish tank in the kitchens, I'll have one of my finest merman chefs move into it to instruct in the preparation of all the subaquatic delights which wil be utterly unknown to your air-breathing cooks. A warning though, certain deep-sea creatures might explode when served at normal air-pressure. Still, I guess it only serves to make the menu a little more exciting.
Old July 16th, 2002, 03:36 PM

National Security Advisor

geoschmo is on a distinguished road

Geo sits at the bar nursing his drink, and several cricket bat shaped head wounds of various severity and watches out the window as the waters receed from the parking lot. Idely we wonders if he remebered to roll his windows up...
Old July 16th, 2002, 03:40 PM

General

dogscoff is on a distinguished road

Quote:
El Scoffo, have you got another job to go too?
Yup, start next Monday. With the mortgage and house-moving still undecided at the time, I wouldn't have applied for voluntary redundancy without a new job to go to. My new job will be 5% more money than the old one, 100 miles less commuting per day and hopefully will be more interesting and promising. Oh, and I might get to travel to Germany quite a lot. Any forum ppl in Munich?

Quote:
havn't you just moved house and therefore need to service the mortgage? you are not on a limb are you cos being an overpaid lawyer (according to Geo anyhow), I am afford to lend you £1 a week
Thanks for the offer but everything is sorted and settled, house wise- apart from the unpacking, that is. I'm actually doing better financially now than I have been in a long time, having just received a generous redundancy payment (credit cards paid off) and a pay rise. I'm actually feeling like a bit of a smug, jammy bastard at the moment
Old July 16th, 2002, 05:08 PM

Brigadier General

mac5732 is on a distinguished road

Mac sees the huge tidal wave and the subsequent reincarnation of Dogscoff, he smiles, turns to the dark seated stranger, and says, well he's back, won't need your services for now, however how about a nice game of chess on your beautiful board, The stranger looks up with those incapable feeling eyes and nods, Mac settles down across the table and begins the game, of course he orders his usual from Taz the bartender since Dogscoff is buying , he also notices that the Dreadnaughat that was parked over that skylark in the parking lot has been washed away with the tide, including the little old screachiang lady. Poor Puke, but maybe since the Dogscoff has obtained a new raise, he'll lend him some $ for a new ship.

He looks towards the bar to see where his Coors has gotten to, hope Taz didn't test it first he mumbles, but no there's the Taz over in the cornor building what appears to be a very large human sized fish tank. aahhh new items for the menu, he also notices the paramedics attending to poor Geo, who is eyeing the new Cream Pie dispenser, sees the tigga still in the rafters shaking at the thought of water pelting his pedigree upon the resurrection of Dogscoff, and a group of the FBW surrounding the reclining figure of Atrocities, oohin and aahing all over him as they gently pick him up, deposit him on one of the new fluffy cots in the cornor, and administer to his every wish as they console him in his recovery efforts.

welcome back Dogscoff

just some ideas mac

[ July 16, 2002, 16:15: Message edited by: mac5732 ]

BEWARE; crochety old geezers play SE4, in between bathroom runs
Phong's Head Parking
Old July 16th, 2002, 05:19 PM

General

tesco samoa is on a distinguished road

Geo. Get off the pine and come outside. It's sunny and pool is just fine. Also the bartender is starting to make a mighty fine coco loco. And they have started offering some of the finer Mexican beers on tap as well. Some Sol or Bravo is in order

Hey GUTB where did you go...???

He is still driving his mighty armada at 3 miles per month along the interstellar highway bypass and will be arriving shortly
Old July 16th, 2002, 05:35 PM

Colonel

Yes, welocme back Dogscoff.

Growltigga, in a fit of reasonable behaviour and fondness for a fellow Brit, comes down from the rafters (remember guys that Tigers can swim) and gets out the champagne to celebrate.. bottles of Veuve Cliquot Ponsardin are passed round to all and sundry on a gratis "get as much down your gullit as you can" basis

Geo's medical bill is settled and GT gives him a big wet kiss on the head, Atrocities is given another bottle of poison to really send him off, Puke is given a pristine 1977 1.6 Austin Allegro to replace his dreadnaught, Mac is given another Liz Hurley lookalike FBW to interfere with, PaladinofEarth is offered the LLC contract, Gryphin is given corrective surgery (on his eyes, on his eyes) and the world is now a happy laughing place full of happy laughing smiley people

Note to self1: hire a sushi chef and/or Rick Stein

Note to self2: speak to Dogscoff about a 100 MILE COMMUTE?

Note to self3: slap Tesco on the back for mentioning Mexican/Spanish beers... is there nothing better than an ice cold Dos Equis or Alhambra or Cruzcampo when served with nachos, fajitas and chimichangas

GT walks off to bar, drooling heavily

[ July 16, 2002, 16:36: Message edited by: Growltigga ]
Old July 16th, 2002, 06:07 PM

Major

DirectorTsaarx is on a distinguished road

Quote:
Originally posted by DirectorTsaarx:and charges him with one count of indecent exposure and two counts of cruel and unusual punishment (one for forcing friends to watch eurovision and one for the indecent exposure...).
Originally posted by Growltigga:
I plead guilty as charged m'lud on both counts. I should point out in mitigation of the offences that (a) my friends are all completely 'game-on' to watch eurovision, it really is exceptionally amusing and, I must admit, gets even quite racy (anyone remember the leather-clad petite chuck about from Croatia in this years competition or the extremely attractive Serbian lass from Last year), (b) it is actually 2 counts of indecent exposure as I then had to run round the estate twice (it actually doesn't take very much for me to get my clothes off), (c) it is a good excuse for a good feed and an excellent quaffing session and (d) I should like about 30 other offences to be taken into account
30 other offences, eh? What was that line about "Anyone who chooses to represent himself in a court of law has a fool for a client?" Please expound - we LOVE it when a prisoner incriminates himself
Quote:
Originally posted by DirectorTsaarx:
Crown Royal would do nicely
Ah, a closet sophisticate at Last. I do like fosters though if served absolutely ice cold on a hot day
Ah yes, what a friend of mine likes to call "lawnmower beer"; beer to be drunk ice-cold after being forced to work outside on a hot, sweaty day. The taste of the beer doesn't matter; in fact, it's better to use cheap, nasty beer so as not to waste the good stuff when you're more concerned with cold & numbing rather than taste & enjoyment.

Quote:
Originally posted by DirectorTsaarx:
Good thing my GF is more attractive than the FBW's; between the Tigga's policies and the girlfriend's temper, this Director would be demoted VERY quickly
So, your girlfriend is a bit of high score on the tottyscope but with the temper of a hippo with toothache to match then? and what are my policies that are liable to get you demoted then?
Yeah, the GF is a looker, and a jealous one at that (fine by me - I can be the jealous type as well ). As for policies, in the initial post on this thread, you quoted from the Book of Cyril

Quote:
"And lo, verily it is foretold that a new cantina will arise from the ashes liketh unto spring flowers after rain, that said cantina will be a place of peace and tranquility, of grand cuisine, pleasant company and decent ale, and any peasant drinking crappy American beer will have done to them what God did'eth unto the sodomites, and if they then mess with the fluffy bunny waitresses (who have been practicing their samba'ing on copacabana beach and getting tans) they will have done to them what the sodomites did to one another..."
Obviously, I was using "demoted" in the figurative sense. "Unmanned" (by the GF) and "violated" (by the mgmt. of the Cantina) would be the literal description of said actions...
Old July 16th, 2002, 06:09 PM

Major

DirectorTsaarx is on a distinguished road

Quote:
Originally posted by Taz-in-Space:
{Taz gives Director Tsaarx his beer and suggests he try a tasmanian beer, Cascade Premium Lager. Taz then orders a case for himself}
Ah yes; I've had that as well. I'd forgotten it was Tasmanian, though... excellent choice of Lager, BTW. Good bartender! You get a tip: Buy low, sell high, and mineral planets are best
Old July 16th, 2002, 06:25 PM

Colonel

we LOVE it when a prisoner incriminates himself

You are right there. I did some summer service in the magistrates court years and years ago. This nutter of a man was in the dock for aggravated assault (about 4 nervous policemen standing around him and me in my nikes) and the beak tells nutter he is guilty and he is going down. Nutter says he is repentant and then asks for 182 other offences of aggagravated assault and grievous boldily harm to be taken into account. El Beako looks a bit shocked (I am in starter postions aimed at the exit), and asks nutter is they were all assault charges. Nutter says "He finks so but he wasn't sure cos some of them couldn't move afterwards"

Laugh? I did when I made it out of the building

Ah yes, what a friend of mine likes to call "lawnmower beer"; beer to be drunk ice-cold after being forced to work outside on a hot, sweaty day. The taste of the beer doesn't matter; in fact, it's better to use cheap, nasty beer so as not to waste the good stuff when you're more concerned with cold & numbing rather than taste & enjoyment.

LOL, I do like that term, I do think you are being a little unfair to Fosters, although I would qualify it by saying I normally would only drink the export

Yeah, the GF is a looker, and a jealous one at that (fine by me - I can be the jealous type as well ). As for policies, in the initial post on this thread, you quoted from the Book of Cyril

I did quote but interfering with a FBW will get you tied over a barrel and rodgered senseless by someone called roger. Not demoted even in a figurative sense.. more like feeling like the outside of a sausage roll in the figurative sense

I think Crown Royal can be a regular in the bar.. as long as it is ice cold from the Eskey