.com.unity Forums
  The Official e-Store of Shrapnel Games

This Month's Specials

Raging Tiger- Save $9.00
World Supremacy- Save $9.00

Go Back   .com.unity Forums > The Camo Workshop > WinSPWW2 > After Action Reports
Notices

Old September 26th, 2010, 10:13 PM

Captain

RERomine is on a distinguished road
Default Re: DAR: USSR vs. Germany - Near Vyazma

Turn 9

Things are a bit more quiet in Charlie's area, but it is all relative. Four more enemy tanks were destroyed, but one of my tanks in the gully near the northern objectives got holed. It was poor marksmanship than anything. Time for that crew to go back to the gunnery range. ATGs destroyed two enemy light tanks, but one is under pressure. It took a casualty and their building is on fire. Bravo tanks destroyed two more. My heavies punched a hole in one light tanks. Aside from that, the rest was dominated by a squad on squad fire fight. I still have my building and the enemy is still 250m away. My damaged tank circled back and picked up my wayward crew and headed off to the southeast and safety.

The rest of Bravo is pushing west in town. Aside from the center road, no contact. I turned five flags with a tank, but unlike the enemy, I'm not going to plow into buildings for them. There is infantry nearby for that task.

Alpha pushing west, but encountering a few more enemy units than Bravo. There was a squad along the south road that fired, taking a few men down until my tanks sent him packing. The enemy is sliding south to get to that objective group. It isn't necessary at the moment. A ghost is turning them. Five so far, but I don't see a thing, meaning scout, sniper or AT team. Alpha tanks sent a lot of steel at one enemy tank, but all missed.

Left flank guard moving up a bit. There are a couple of enemy squads, two tank destroyers and the tank Alpha can't hit. I think the enemy is done trying to push through here. Heavy artillery plastered the area again.

Counter battery fire has accounted for one nebelwerfer destroyed and one howitzer and one nebelwerfer abandoned.

Casualties

Friendly: Estimated 5 casualties.

Enemy: 2xPzKw IIIh, 1xPzKw 38b(t) and 1xPzKw IIf tanks destroyed. Estimated 15 casualties.
Old September 26th, 2010, 10:57 PM

Captain

Turn 10

The enemy on Charlie's front has just about had it. Scratch three more tanks. Two were destroyed near the gully and another destroyed moving south toward town. There is still a light tank near the village and three medium tanks near the paved crossroads. One of those is immobilized. There was a fifth tank, but it just fled the area. I managed to rally my ATG in the burning building and decided to save the gun by pulling back rather than trying to take out the light tank. It has no chance against the tanks Charlie has. My infantry is holding their position in the village west of the objectives and I'm moving my reserves up into the gully. Enemy infantry seen coming down the diagonal road. I'm sending transports back up to the village to pull my flank guard out. They've done their job and I want them out before the enemy levels the town with artillery. One last thing. I took the crew back to the tank they abandoned and they recrewed it.

Two Bravo tanks are still supporting Charlie in dealing with the infantry, but the other three tanks shifted west. Two enemy flak trucks have been spotted. Infantry pushing west in town, supported by tanks. Most enemy infantry is on or south of the central road. Enemy rockets dropped on the east edge of town and a Stuka and mortar targeted my immobilized tank.

I figured out what my ghost is; there is a sniper up there. He opened up on one squad in town and destroyed a truck that brought up some machine guns. I've got infantry and tanks moving to get him. Alpha also has to deal with an enemy platoon in their sector and one enemy tank coming up from the south. The did destroy two tank destroyers and a tank down near the south road.

I'm bringing up the trucks for my left flank guard. Like the right, they can move back now. If the enemy happens to come through on that side and try to get into my rear area, they will find a tank battalion that is bored The enemy is being kepted occupied with heavy artillery.

Counter battery still hitting enemy firing positions.

Casualties

Friendly: 1xZis Truck destroyed, Estimated 5 casualties.

Enemy: 1xPzKw IIIh, 3xPzKw 38b(t) tanks and 2xJPz I tank destroyers destroyed. Estimated 15 casualties.
Old September 26th, 2010, 11:46 PM

Captain

Turn 11

Looks like the enemy armor is just about done in Charlie's sector. The light tank is buttoned after blundering in front of my other ATG and getting assaulted by a scout. Another enemy tank just split to the rear, the immobilized tank has been abandoned and the only other one left is retreating. There is sporatic infantry actively, however. Some mortar rounds dropped on two machine gun sections I brought up to help. No casualties, but they are suppressed.

A Bravo tank took out a flak truck. I had forgotten about them The infantry is pushing forward, but two Me-109s came in again.

Alpha has all the activity now. All of it is infantry related. The sniper had friends up on the objectives in the form of a platoon. There is a tank rider coming up from the south, also. I took some casualties here, but they got it worse. Two tanks area fired where the sniper is and four tanks across the stream lit up the platoon. A little further north in town, some more infantry is pushing east, but taking heaving fire from tanks and infantry. I think the enemy will fold once I get this last objective group.

Trucks still coming up to pick up left guard. No activity they can deal with.

Casualties

Friendly: Estimated 10 casualties.

Enemy: 1xFlak36/Zugkrwgn destroyed. Estimated 20 casualties.
Old September 27th, 2010, 12:17 AM

Captain

Turn 12

Destroyed last two tanks in Charlie's sector. Area is all quiet now, except for incoming mail. Right flank guard will have to wait. Incoming artillery in village, also.

Bravo destroyed last flak truck. Continuing to push forward. Only encountering infantry near center road and not many. Machine gun team turned last flag in center group.

Alpha infantry turned three flags. There are four left. Enemy has more infantry in this sectory, but they are pretty beaten up. I did spot a tank destroyer with my infantry, but won't have to go after it. Once I turn the flags, it will come out of its hole and try to get them back. It will draw fire from about six tanks in the process. No sign of the sniper. Maybe I got him with area fire.

Left flank guard loaded up. Moving out next turn.

Casualties

Friendly: Estimated 10 casualties.

Enemy: 1xPzKw IIf tank, 1xPzKw IIIh tank and 1xFlak36/Zugkrwgn destroyed. Estimated 20 casualties.
Old September 27th, 2010, 12:38 AM

Captain

Turn 13

One enemy squad showed up and got raked in Charlie's sector. Still have incoming mail hitting around main position and flank village.

Bravo pushing forward. Came across one squad and sent it to the great beyond.

Pushing west with Alpha. Pushed a lot of enemy units a little faster, but no resistance. Found the sniper, alive, but not real sharp with his aim. He got one shot, missed and died. Captured last four flags.

Left flank guard on its way back to the rear area.

Casualties

Friendly: Zero.

Enemy: Estimated 20 casualties.
Old September 27th, 2010, 01:39 AM

Captain

Turn 14

Charlie sector quiet.

Bravo tanks engaged one enemy squad that popped out of the woods. Other than that, no activity.

Alpha continuing to push, but took a few casualties. The enemy is taking more, however.

The major damage done this turn was by an enemy air attack. Two ME-109s and one Stuka came in. Left guard lost an ATG in a truck! Two of my KV-IIBs took damage as well. I hate garbage time casualties. The ground units are beaten, but I have to endure artillery and air attacks until the AI figures it out. I could push into enemy territory, but it will likely cost me more. At least one of the MEs won't be coming back.

Casualties

Friendly: 1xGAZ Truck and 1x45mm ATG destroyed. Estimated 5 casualties.

Enemy: Estimated 10 casualties.

Last edited by RERomine; September 27th, 2010 at 01:55 AM..
Old September 27th, 2010, 01:54 AM

Captain

Turn 15

One enemy squad and a couple of tanks seen in Charlie's sector. The infantry was pounded and sent packing. One tank was bugging out, but the other is angling toward town.

Bravo still pushing forward in town. Half of one platoon drifted into Alpha's sector and engaged a few routed enemy units.

Pushing forward with Alpha. Enemy retreating in front of the advance. Sent two squads after the enemy TD and destroyed it.

Plotted counter batter on a howitzer and mortar spotted.

Remaining left flank guard units dismounted in rear, just in case aircraft come back. One member of my ATG crew survived, so I will try to get him off the map.

Casualties

Friendly: Zero.

Enemy: 1xJPz I tank destroyer destroyed. Estimated 10 casualties.
Old September 27th, 2010, 02:09 AM

Captain

Turn 16

Spotted another enemy squad northwest of Charlie. Engaged with small arms and sent it on its way.

Another enemy squad near Bravo's sector. Engaged with tanks and machine gun sections. It is running now. Lost track of enemy tank, but moving heavy tanks over to help, not that it is needed. I have seven tanks that can attack once it pops out again.

Alpha pushing enemy hard, completely destroying remnants of four squads. They found one spry enemy unit, but tanks took care of him.

Counter battery falling on howitzer already. I had hit it earlier. It is abandoned at the moment.

Enemy shelling old position of left flank guard.

Casualties

Friendly: Two casualties.

Enemy: Estimated 20 casualties.
Old September 27th, 2010, 02:20 AM

Captain

Turn 17

Two more enemy squads popped out of the smoke. Charlie engaged with elements of two platoons, stopping them cold. Incoming mortar fire on north objectives, inflicting casualties on a machine gun section.

Three enemy squads and one tank moving on center objectives in Bravo sector. They were engaged by ten tanks and a machine gun section. I don't think they will make it. Enemy artillery dropping on machine gun sections here also.

Enemy tank destroyer popped out of South Woods, immobilizing one tank guarding south objectives before being destroyed.

Casualties

Friendly: Estimated 5 casualties.

Enemy: 1xJPz I tank destroyer destroyed. Estimated 10 casualties.
Old September 27th, 2010, 02:38 AM

Captain

Turn 18

Charlie chopped up two enemy squads and sent them running. Mortars, artillery and one ME-109 came in. The ME destroyed a tank

Bravo destroyed enemy tank and hammered three enemy squads. Another squad showed up and got the same treatment. Remaining elements pushing west in town.

South half of town almost secured by Alpha.

Counter battery fire hit enemy mortars, inflicting casualties. I'm happy to put them out of action because my only casualties now are coming from indirect fire and air strikes.

Casualties

Friendly: 1xT-34/76A destroyed.

Enemy: 1xPzKw IIIh tank destroyed. Estimated 15 casualties.