.com.unity Forums
  The Official e-Store of Shrapnel Games

This Month's Specials

Raging Tiger- Save $9.00
World Supremacy- Save $9.00

Go Back   .com.unity Forums > Illwinter Game Design > Dominions 3: The Awakening > Multiplayer and AARs

Old August 6th, 2012, 02:58 PM

Corporal

schoelle is on a distinguished road
Default Re: Gentlemen's struggle - Intermediate & vets - game's up for pretenders

I am just now materializing in a new body ... should upload my pretender within the next hour. Sorry for the delay ...
Old August 7th, 2012, 04:27 PM

Lieutenant Colonel

Bullock is on a distinguished road
Default Re: Gentlemen's struggle - Intermediate & vets - game's up for pretenders

I ll launch the game tomorrow at noon as it is.
Old August 9th, 2012, 05:02 PM

Corporal

schoelle is on a distinguished road

Just a warning: I am starting my holiday next Saturday morning, and will travel to France. I will try to get an internet stick for my laptop there ASAP, but I might not be able to do so on Sunday. I should be able to get internet by Monday, latest.
Old August 11th, 2012, 04:41 AM

Lieutenant Colonel

KeithZ you've been the last to play for the 3 first turns. Do you mind playing 2 turns in a row when u r the last to play, at least while the turns take less than 5 min to play.
Old August 13th, 2012, 11:02 AM

Sergeant

mockingbird is on a distinguished road

I have received a diplomatic message from another player. My understanding was that this was to be a no diplomacy game.

How would we like to handle this?

In other no diplomacy games I have participated, this has generally resulted in the expulsion of the violator and either a restart or player substitution.
Old August 13th, 2012, 11:23 AM

Corporal

Austen is on a distinguished road

It wasn't me (at least I don't think it was :P ) but I completely forgot this was a no diplo game... I would think there's a fair chance the player who did send the message did the same. This early on, I think a warning and a reminder in game and here on the forums might be a good way to go.
Old August 13th, 2012, 11:48 AM

Captain

Immaculate is on a distinguished road

I did send a diplo message, having forgotten it was a no diplo game, but not to mockingbird- (it was to Bullock- i am pretty sure). I just realized that this was in violation of the spirit and set-up of the game. In my case i just asked him whats up. He has not answered so presumably he at least remembered that it was a no diplo game.

I am very sorry for having done so... in my case it definitely does not change anything. Hopefully you don't need to substitute me. it was an honest mistake with no harm done i believe.

Hopefully in your case, MB, it doesn't change anything either? Assuming its not a ton of intel it shouldn't change things too much...? MB, do you feel a substitution is required? or can we just say 'Don't do it again' and move on?
Old August 13th, 2012, 01:26 PM

Sergeant

mockingbird is on a distinguished road

I don't think the message was game breaking in its content. A warning should be sufficient for now, especially for players who have not participated in no diplomacy games before.

I thought that all the participants should know that some game administrators can be very strict about such things. It's a good idea to pay close attention to the game rules before you join.

If I recall correctly, the player in question has tried to use diplomacy in a no diplomacy game at least once before and should know better. Let's all please try to keep to the "gentleman's spirit" (as sexist as it is ) of the game.
Old August 13th, 2012, 02:07 PM

First Lieutenant

YellowCactus is on a distinguished road

Back in my days of Dominions 2, there was a player that called himself Norfleet. He used to win all the tournements, and was actually a brilliant player. One day, his armies were stomping everyone on the battlefield, and we chalked it up to his brilliance. The game administrator inspected his account and found he had over a thousand of every gem...ect....

Don't know my point exactly, but I guess reading these comments above made me think of real cheaters, and good game administration. In the end, we're all just a bunch of guys (and gals) playing a game together. Or at least, you guys are playing. I'm just reading and commenting...
Old August 13th, 2012, 05:28 PM

Lieutenant Colonel

Well i think a restart or an expulsion is pretty harsh, since i'm pretty sure this gentleman didn't notice or forgot this particular rule.

However i'll listen to the majority on the subject.

Thanks for your honesty Mockin'