.com.unity Forums
  The Official e-Store of Shrapnel Games

This Month's Specials

Raging Tiger- Save $9.00
World Supremacy- Save $9.00

Go Back   .com.unity Forums > Illwinter Game Design > Dominions 2: The Ascension Wars > Multiplayer & AARs

Old April 11th, 2005, 11:01 AM

First Lieutenant

Soapyfrog is on a distinguished road
Default Re: Fools Lament III (modded) - Recruiting Now!

I would tend to agree. It's a fun scenario, but completely insane with regards to balance

Possibly the next iteration we will play straight Orania without all the special sites. I like that map becuase it is a good size for 17 players and it's wraparound, so no serious geographical advantages.
Old April 11th, 2005, 08:27 PM

Captain

Jurri is on a distinguished road
Default Re: Fools Lament III (modded) - Recruiting Now!

Quote:
Soapyfrog said:
I ahve the save game files from (almost) every turn, I will certainly post them for you.
That would be great, thanks for your trouble!

I think the issue with blood being so powerful in the scenario is at least partially caused by the blood nations being so close to each other. It makes very much sense for them to fight each other early, to get the advantage of being the only serious blood nation in the world, with a construction site and a blood site, to boot - ensuring the uniques, and in the case of the mod, a monopoly on life drain. If Jotunheim went bloody it would be a different situation, as then there would be competition to Abysia/Mictlan even after one was eliminated - competition with a blood site of their own.

It's a hard thing to balance, such overpowered (in relation to the base game) advantages as this scenario offers to most nations. The map itself is great, though!