.com.unity Forums
  The Official e-Store of Shrapnel Games

This Month's Specials

BCT Commander- Save $8.00
winSPWW2- Save $5.00

Go Back   .com.unity Forums > Shrapnel Community > Space Empires: IV & V > SEIV > SEIV After Action Reports

Old October 10th, 2005, 05:46 PM

Sergeant

inigma is on a distinguished road
Default The Imperium Master Plan

The Imperium Master Plan is a posted history of the Imperium, lead by Emperor Kylan III, as I play my first ever game of SEIV. The plan is to learn everything about the game, and do everything the game allows, so as to have a first-hand experience as to what the stock version of the game can do, and the strategies behind planning certain technologies.

This game, once finished, will give me the background I desire before I start a simultaneous game against the AI. The simultaneous game may be posted later. The simultaneous AI game will give me the foundation I desire before I engage human players in Play By Web, as my goal is to win my first PBW game, though I will settle for the top 3 of a 20 player game.

On the Imperium border:
Imperial Warp Ship Orion docked at Deep Space 5
Ephandra System
Ephandra-T116 wormhole

"They want us to do what?!" asked the astonished Commander Jael.

"Yes, you heard me right commander. The Vrenolan system." Captain Saulner, calm as ever, proceeded, "Imperial Command senses an opportunity to cut off the Praetorian threat for a very very long time. As you know, our recon satellite in Vrenolan has picked up a fleet of Praetorian dreadnoughts, armed with minesweepers, headed for Ephandra, and it's only a matter of time before they realize they should have brought 6 instead of 5 minesweepers. Command doesn't want them to give them that chance.

"Seeing as we have just finished refitting our baby with the new cloaking armor, we shouldn't have a problem pulling off our mission.

"We are to take the Orion undercover, and close that 400 lightyear-long warp point from the Vrenolan system to Praetorian space. Not even our own scientists have breached the 400ly barrier, and as you know, no other race we've discovered even seems to have resonation technology."

"Assuming of course the Praetorian haven't developed and built sensing technology," the commander retorted. "But beyond that, from a look at these orders, our destination seems to be just beyond our range of a full return trip, sir. How are we getting back?"

Captain Saulner responded with a sigh, "Imperial Command doesn't consider us expendable, commander, but they do consider us vital to the defense of the Imperium. As such, we are proceeding on this mission without much specifics as the comminque I received from the Admiral Pellaton himself is clear. I asked him the same qusetion, and the answer is, we can reach the warp point, we can close it, and we can even return to T116, and possibly close the T116-Vrenolan wormhole, effectively trapping any pursuers and the two Praetorian colonies in that system for a long time."

"But that will leave us a sitting duck in T116, sir. And the EEE have claimed that system!"

Saulner didn't even hesistate, "That's a... sitting, CLOAKED, duck, commander. And if I may remind you, the EEE are too busy on our M-5 front to bother with T116, and furthermore, they haven't developed sensing technology either."

Saulner waved his hand, as if brushing aside an unasked question from Commander Jael. "Don't worry about it, Commander. See that ship outside?"

Commander Jael looked. It was the IDS Brant, a captured EEE battleship. In truth it was the only captured EEE ship since the IDS Endeavor and her crew was lost last year to an EEE self destruct device while attempting to board a simple transport. It's old hulk was getting a facelift as workbees worked feverishly to install Imperium-designed armor plating.

Saulner continued, "That ship will be ready for us when we come running out of Vrenolan into the T116 system. Armed with these new fifth generation phased polaron beams, the EEE won't bother, and not even a Praetorian dreadnought can stand a chance against her."

"But what about the Praetorian fleet?" Jael asked.

"What about it?" responded Saulner.

"They're going to be here in 3 months, sir. Assuming by some miracle of production, the Brant is ready for them, even with those new weapons she won't stand a chance against five of them, sir."

Saulner responded with a rising intonation, "I believe I said they had five, and not six minesweepers, Commander Jael?"

All the questions Commander Jael had dwelt on a second ago, disappeared from his mind completely.

"Not to intrude on your thoughts, Commander, but seeing as our window of opportunity is small on this one, how soon can we get underway?"

"We're ready now, sir. Understood, sir," and with a nod from the captain, the commander saluted and walked out of the captain's room.

The IWS Orion cloaked, and dove into T116. A month into their journy, on the far side of the system, at the Vrenolan warp point, the enemy Praetorian fleet had finally emerged, as expected.

Soon the Orion and the Praetorian fleet shared breathing room, with the Praetorian Marshal completely unaware of the Orion that was passing stealthily by.

The Orion made it into the Vrenolan system, but what astounded at what they could confirm visually: a massive attack fleet of 11 more dreadnoughts was assembling at Vrenolan VII, and two Praetorian colonies were in full production of more. Praetorian fighters patrolled the system, and if it wasn't for their new cloaking armor, the undefended IWS Orion would have been eaten alive.

Ignoring the danger, and as a Captain who completes his mission, Captain Saulner flew the Orion all the way past Praetorian fighters, the assembling fleet, and the defended Praetorian colonies and finally reached the heavily defended Vrenolan-Praetorian space wormhole.

Decloaking only briefly and forcing alarms to go off all over the sector, the Orion gravitational condenser activated and closed the wormhole back to Praetorian space, to the silent gasps and suprise of millions of Praetorians colonists who watched as they saw the wormhole that brought them to this distant system, was no longer there.

Cut off from the rest of the Praetorian Empire, now over an untraversable distance of 450 light years away, the Vrenolan governor panicked and made a fateful decision. He ordered all Praetorians to evacuate the system before the cloaked warpship trapped them in the system for a very long time.

Recloaking, the Orion rushed as fast as it could, attempting to beat the Praetorian fleet that had just finished assembling. Cloaked, the Orion was safe, but the Praetorians must have sensed the urgency of the situation and launched every single ship it could find and made a mad dash for the Vrenolan-T116 wormhole to defend it, the only wormhole now remaining.

Praetorian colony ships picked up anyone they could find, to rush into T116, but the Orion was only slightly faster.

Making it back to T116, and with only enough fuel to do the job, Captain Saulner ordered the Orion to decloak, and close the T116-Vrenolan wormhole... just as a fleet of 11 praetorian ships passed through. Undetected, the Orion had finished its mission, and prevented two Praetorian colony ships from arriving into T116, but now 11 Praetorian dreadnoughts were madly scouting T116 for the Orion, themselves now cut off permanently from any Praetorian planet.

As the Praetorian search efforts became obviously fruitless, the crew of the Orion watched helplessly as the 11 ship Praetorian fleet stormed the Ephandra-T116 wormhole.

The Praetorian fleet, though torn apart by the minefield, inflicted enough damage that the IDS Brant was destroyed, and Deep Space 5 was seriously damaged. Only the fighter aces of the Imperial Border Patrol managed to save the day as Ephandra colonies had them pour out of their launch centers and completely picked off the Praetorian fleet remnants.

With the removal of the Praetorian presence from T116, the closure of the two Vrenolan wormholes, and with the development of gravitational shield technology, the Great Galactic Consolidation program of Emperor Kylan III had finally begun.

The EEE would be next.
Old October 12th, 2005, 02:46 PM

Sergeant

inigma is on a distinguished road
Default The Imperium Master Plan

As predicted during the Planning, the Imperium was faced with war on every front by now. Even the friendly Phong up in the northern systems had turned murderous.

Warp ships have been sent, and the Master Plan is being carried out perfectly.

The EEE on the southern Imperium border are being slowly isolated. The backdoor to their allies, the J'renar has finally been closed by another cloaked warpship, the IWS Horsehead, finally forcing the more powerful J'renar to take years to reach the Imperium war front. The lone J'renar colony which shared room with the EEE in the system, was glassed by a captured EEE carrier, the ICS Baron.

Reconaissance satellites have finally been put in orbit around every single star in the 5 systems that border Imperium space, and those systems are the target of First Isolation which will be an attempt to manipulate the southern empires into a protracted war.

In the Second Isolation, not yet commenced, the Imperium will cut off its access to those systems in favor a controlled warp point traffic system, defended by a gravitationally shielded empire, while isolating itself from the rest of the galaxy long enough for its Golden Age to produce some impressive results.

As the EEE are being isolated from the J'renar, system T116 is being left open as the only route to Imperium space that the EEE can take, and eventually T116, though full of rich but uncolonized planets, is expected to become the forced focal point for the four southern empires.

As the J'renar are now cut off from their backdoor through EEE space and to the Imperium, they are were now forced to reroute their ships on the long journey to T116.

The Amonkrie, directly east of the J'renar Empire, and far south of the Imperium, as the second most powerful empire in the galaxy, they are also being forced to reach the Imperium through T116, although the journey for its warships is still far too long for them to reach Imperium space to begin with.

The Master Plan dictates that T116 will become the focal point for the EEE and their allies, the stranded Praetorians. Reopening the warp point between T116 and Vrenolan would ensure their mutual competition for the planets in T116, and a handy coms mimic will do nice to ensure that the competition isn't all that friendly.

Also, with T116 being the destination of the J'renar to reach Imperium space, their chances of running into the xenophobic Amonkrie, who were also headed for that area, are quite high.

As you can guess, Emperor Kylan III ordered the establishment of the Ministry of Intelligence a few months ago, for the sole purpose of starting wars between the four southern empires. The longer those empires can be engaged in wars, it is reasoned, the more time the Imperium has in developing and building gravitational generators to ensure the success of the Second Isolation before it completes.

By 2407.4, the northern empire, the Phong, had been glassed to half their size, with only one system remaining, and by 2407.9, the last of the border system recon satellites were getting into place, to provide the Imperium with advanced warning of any enemy warp ship development along its border empires. It is expected that in the spring of 2408, that the Second Isolation will commence and complete, as Imperium space is made secure and finally isolated for its predicted Golden Age.

Confortably, the Imperium is protected from the rest of the galaxy by a 400+ly void directly to its east.

The Golden Age is expected to last 3-5 years, as 225k+ of research points are used to learn every possible science available to study, as well as finish the building and construction of two of the Imperium's crown jewels: the former Zosma and Rudrig asteroid belts, now being fully converted to heavily guarded monolithic resource production centers. Furthermore, the capstone of the Golden Age will be the clearing of the Iota Cet nebula, the creation of a star, and the building of a sphereworld.

Upon the controlled ending of the Golden Age, and the beginning of the Age of Conquest, Imperium explorers will be quite eager to see what the shape of the political landscape of the galaxy is like when it emerges from its protected cocoon.