.com.unity Forums
  The Official e-Store of Shrapnel Games

This Month's Specials

BCT Commander- Save $8.00
winSPWW2- Save $5.00

Go Back   .com.unity Forums > Illwinter Game Design > Dominions 3: The Awakening > Scenarios, Maps and Mods

Old December 28th, 2008, 02:14 PM

First Lieutenant

Loren is on a distinguished road
Default Re: New Nation: Dragons, Magic Incarnate V1.01

Quote:
Originally Posted by Aezeal View Post
I've started (for dom 3000 it's already uploaded) to just make them cost 300 gc.. 150% increase. For the future I'm thinking about lowering HP by 5, att by 1, str by 1 and loose one attack. But since the troops where not so strong I'll let them have this advantage for now. Especially in dom 3000 they might be just what the nation needs. And indeed with a few strong guards they might be defeated more easily.

PS Loren are you interested in playing a nation in our upcoming dom 3000 game (you could have dragons though with the serious playtesting you've already given them, thanks again btw, I suspect they will be one of the nations with fewer flaws left.)
I'm not all that good a player actually but it might be interesting.
Old December 28th, 2008, 04:44 PM

Lieutenant General

Aezeal is on a distinguished road

Well I'm not a good player either so that is good to hear

Would you prefer the dragons or another nation (you have first pick on dragons.. for other ones you'll have to be first to sign up for them in the thread on the MP forum (which I will create somewhere next week unless there emerge huge bugs I need to fix before we can play.)
In for a whole new sort of game? Then try my scenario map Gang Wars.
Old December 29th, 2008, 02:03 AM

First Lieutenant

Loren is on a distinguished road

Quote:
Originally Posted by Aezeal View Post
Well I'm not a good player either so that is good to hear

Would you prefer the dragons or another nation (you have first pick on dragons.. for other ones you'll have to be first to sign up for them in the thread on the MP forum (which I will create somewhere next week unless there emerge huge bugs I need to fix before we can play.)
Dragons are the only one I've played with so I'll take them.
Old December 29th, 2008, 02:28 PM

Lieutenant General

Aezeal is on a distinguished road

I suggest you DL the whole dom3K mod then and the solarsystem map and try it out a bit.
In for a whole new sort of game? Then try my scenario map Gang Wars.
Old September 13th, 2009, 10:41 AM

Private

Azriel is on a distinguished road

Of the Dom3000 nations, these dragons are my favorite. In fact, I've taken to use them in the more traditional maps.
Great job!
There is one thing that makes them far overpowered, however: The ghost dragons assassination ability makes assassinations almost a sure thing. The only being that can survive an assassination attempt by one of these is a pretender. That's just too powerful. As cheap as they are, you can assassin spam any nation on the map and then just walk over them with any size army. Five or six ghost dragons in a capital, each assassinating every turn, will completely destroy that nation and, really that's not very enjoyable to either player.
Therefore, I recommend that the assassination ability be removed from ghost dragons. I think spy ability would be a nice trade-off.

By the way, I've fixed a few grammatical errors and I've taken the liberty to add three national heroes to your original mod. Please have a look and let me know what you think. When you download it, change the file extension from ".txt" to ".dm" and you should be good to go. The heroes I created are oriented more towards a traditional map and theme, so you may not want to include them in the Dom3k mod. I used existing sprites for the heroes, but I really should create new ones. If I do, I'll post them here, too.

Oh, one other thing. This nation becomes really interesting when you play on a map with no independants. In fact, I recommend that's the only way to do Dragons if you are going to play SP.

Once again. This is a really fun mod. Thanks!
Attached Files
File Type: txt Dragons.txt (37.9 KB, 235 views)