.com.unity Forums
  The Official e-Store of Shrapnel Games

This Month's Specials

Raging Tiger- Save $9.00
World Supremacy- Save $9.00

Go Back   .com.unity Forums > The Camo Workshop > WinSPMBT > After Action Reports
Notices

Old October 22nd, 2006, 08:24 PM

Sergeant

Smersh is on a distinguished road
Default First Clash-1980

Afganistan 1980. a afgani artillery force in the village of Ishakchi has mutunied, my mission was to put down the mutuniy. Your given: 3 Bmps(2 with mech infantry, another is carrying HQ), 3 T-55a, and 2 Hinds.

I first moved the helicopter as a recon force down the road leading to the rebel village, and the rest of the force followed a few hundred feet behind the helios.

by turn 3 we had arrived on the outskirts of the village.the two helios now flew from building to building looking for enemy. the rest of the force just outside the village, waiting for recon info. I now began positioning the tanks in support, to be able to shoot into the village.

one by one, the helios spotted rebel infantry inside and around buildings, they immediatly began fire, and wiped out much of the infantry resistance, who where only armed with AKs and hand gernades. The BMP and tanks cleaned up the retreating, routed and suppressed troops with machine guns.

The most important work of the helios, was spotting and destroying 3 world war II era, artillery peices under rebel command. The rockets on the Hinds made quick work, of the guns. and this removed the only real AT capability the rebels had.

quickly but systematically the armoured troops and tanks advanced threw the village moping up enemy troops. Helios would pin and suppress the enemy, then the BMP would fire their Mgs, followed by an assualt from infanty.

The Hinds recieved some AK fire, suffered very light damage,and after a few turns retreated off map. This was not a big problem, as in the intensity of the fighting, they had used up all their ammo.

The BMP and T-55, along with mech infantry assualts cleaned up the rest of the village. I siezed both victory points in the village, and then continued down the road and took the "to Rangay pass" victory hex, and the end of the map.

The mission had been a complete success, and a decisive victory.

final results. 101 enemy caustalies, 3 artillery peices destroyed, and 2 support trucks destroyed. I suffered zero causalties. It was a decisive victory.
Old October 23rd, 2006, 07:39 AM

Private

Sarunas is on a distinguished road
Default Re: First Clash-1980

Neat. Cool avatar, that VDV sarge from 9th Company.
Old October 23rd, 2006, 09:44 AM

Sergeant

serg3d is on a distinguished road

Often overlooked advantage of Hind is that it can carry infantry. If playing SU/Russia I always put some MG, or AGL, or snipers, or just infantry section into Hind, and drop it where appropriate.
Old October 23rd, 2006, 04:00 PM

Sergeant

Smersh is on a distinguished road

Quote:
Sarunas said:
Neat. Cool avatar, that VDV sarge from 9th Company.
yes,