This Month's Specials

Raging Tiger- Save $9.00
World Supremacy- Save $9.00

Go Back   .com.unity Forums > The Camo Workshop > WinSPMBT
Notices

Old June 30th, 2005, 08:45 PM

Private

KingTiger is on a distinguished road
Default Generated Campaign question.........

Hello all...

I was wondering if someone can explain something i read in the Manual a lil better for me....(in reference to a generated campaign)

" Therefore the AI buy is always in the correct ratio to the value of your core plus any support troops bought, you need not spend all the support points if you do not want to, for example in a defend scenario, every support point you spend will grant the AI 2.5 times the amount spent, a 200 point rifle company bought by you in support in the defence grants the compute 500 purchase points. "

Now my question is this. Where it says the AI will receive 2.5 times the amount spent. Is this jus when its a DEFEND Scenario? I noticed it doesnt happen in meeting engagements, nor Advance(as far as i can tell). The reason im asking this is, i started playing a generated Campaign, and made it through 3-4 scenarios, before my first defenseive scenario.Well it was going fairly well, untill i bought support units for the Defensive scen. I decided to buy some Bunkers, and used the rest for Spotting Aircraft. Well low and behold, my first turn in(after using the spotters) I saw the AI had 2-3 times the amount of units i had on the map. Needless to say i got my *** handed to me

Oh yeah one other question....If the AI gets 2.5 times the points spent for a Defend Scen. How does it work if, IM assaulting, and the AI is defending?

Thnx....
Old June 30th, 2005, 09:17 PM

Shrapnel Fanatic

Thanked 5,423 Times in 2,694 Posts
DRG will become famous soon enough
Default Re: Generated Campaign question.........

Quote:
KingTiger said:
Hello all...

I was wondering if someone can explain something i read in the Manual a lil better for me....(in reference to a generated campaign)

" Therefore the AI buy is always in the correct ratio to the value of your core plus any support troops bought, you need not spend all the support points if you do not want to, for example in a defend scenario, every support point you spend will grant the AI 2.5 times the amount spent, a 200 point rifle company bought by you in support in the defence grants the compute 500 purchase points. "

Now my question is this. Where it says the AI will receive 2.5 times the amount spent. Is this jus when its a DEFEND Scenario? I noticed it doesnt happen in meeting engagements, nor Advance(as far as i can tell). The reason im asking this is, i started playing a generated Campaign, and made it through 3-4 scenarios, before my first defenseive scenario.Well it was going fairly well, untill i bought support units for the Defensive scen. I decided to buy some Bunkers, and used the rest for Spotting Aircraft. Well low and behold, my first turn in(after using the spotters) I saw the AI had 2-3 times the amount of units i had on the map. Needless to say i got my *** handed to me

Oh yeah one other question....If the AI gets 2.5 times the points spent for a Defend Scen. How does it work if, IM assaulting, and the AI is defending?

Thnx....
You're answers in that quote......

"in a defend scenario, every support point you spend will grant the AI 2.5 times the amount spent"

So yes, that 2.5 only applies to the AI attacker when YOU defend. If you are attacking the AI gets 2.5 times LESS the points you get as the attacker.

Don

If you find you are constantly reacting to your enemy's tactics instead forcing the enemy to react to yours, you are losing the battle....
Old July 1st, 2005, 09:35 AM

Private

So in essence then....buying support troops in a defend scen, is NOT advisiable....

Anyway, thnx for clearing things up.
Old July 1st, 2005, 10:00 AM

Shrapnel Fanatic

Quote:
KingTiger said:
So in essence then....buying support troops in a defend scen, is NOT advisiable....

Anyway, thnx for clearing things up.

It depends entirely on your situation and what you think you will need. If you're light on ATGM and expect tanks up the wazoo you may want to buy some but be aware that whatever points you use as the defender the AI will have 2.5 times that to buy as the attacker. Buying support does not alter the odds at all. Just the number of troops and equipment on both sides

Don

If you find you are constantly reacting to your enemy's tactics instead forcing the enemy to react to yours, you are losing the battle....
Old July 1st, 2005, 10:25 AM

Corporal

SCAJolly is on a distinguished road

How does this apply for advance/slow down scenarios?
Old July 1st, 2005, 11:41 AM

Shrapnel Fanatic

Quote:
SCAJolly said:
How does this apply for advance/slow down scenarios?

The same way. The AI will get extra units based on what you take extra only the points allotted are less for advance/delays. If you are delaying and take 100 points extra the AI will get 200 extra ( 2x for delay/delay, 2.5x for assault/defend )

Don

Old July 2nd, 2005, 01:55 PM

Private

Sorry if this is off topic a bit. But i forgot, how do you undo a movement....i cant find it anywhere in the manual..

Thnx in advance
Old July 2nd, 2005, 04:15 PM

Shrapnel Fanatic

Quote:
KingTiger said:
Sorry if this is off topic a bit. But i forgot, how do you undo a movement....i cant find it anywhere in the manual..

Thnx in advance
Oh yes, it is...

under WinSPMBT Tutorial ( the manuals second page )just a bit less than 1/4 the way down the page you'll see.......

"Now take a moment to run your cursor arrow over the various buttons on the right of the screen. "

and UNDO is shown just above "Encyclopaedia". It works in everything but an PBEM. It's not allowed in PBEM

Red circle with a diagonal line in the middle

Don

Old July 2nd, 2005, 07:03 PM

Private

Yeah i found it...lol Anyway back on discussion. So em i understanding this correctly? When you delay or defend only, thats when the AI receives either 2.0 or 2.5 times the points you use? It has no bearing on advances, and assaults?

Btw, i appreciate the quick feedback
Old July 2nd, 2005, 07:48 PM

Shrapnel Fanatic

Quote:
KingTiger said:
Yeah i found it...lol Anyway back on discussion. So em i understanding this correctly? When you delay or defend only, thats when the AI receives either 2.0 or 2.5 times the points you use? It has no bearing on advances, and assaults?

Btw, i appreciate the quick feedback
In advances YOU get 2.0X and in assaults 2.5X the troops the AI gets

Don