Raging Tiger- Save $9.00
World Supremacy- Save $9.00

Go Back   .com.unity Forums > The Camo Workshop > WinSPMBT
Notices

Old June 5th, 2011, 07:57 AM

Corporal

Stratos is on a distinguished road
Default Help creating units graphics

Thinking in create a "small" mod that will add armoured suit units and Star Wars style assault ships into the game, but have some doubts that maybe someone will be able to solve.

- Main one is graphics, are rules available of how to create the graphics for the units? Airships will be treated as choppers, so a static graphic will be needed. But the armored suits units will be formed by three of them, and the unit should be able to lose members one by one as infantry do now. Is possible to reflect that in the graphics?

Can someone help?
Old June 5th, 2011, 02:57 PM

First Lieutenant

iCaMpWiThAWP is on a distinguished road
Default Re: Help creating units graphics

Quote:
Originally Posted by Stratos View Post
Thinking in create a "small" mod that will add armoured suit units and Star Wars style assault ships into the game, but have some doubts that maybe someone will be able to solve.

- Main one is graphics, are rules available of how to create the graphics for the units? Airships will be treated as choppers, so a static graphic will be needed. But the armored suits units will be formed by three of them, and the unit should be able to lose members one by one as infantry do now. Is possible to reflect that in the graphics?

Can someone help?
Airship for chopper is fine, but Losing Mech units probably not, armored infantry creates weird problems, so you're better off using single unit armored suit, with a tank class or something like that.
Old June 7th, 2011, 04:50 PM

Corporal

Stratos is on a distinguished road

So should I build robots as tanks? Individually? But will Still be possible to load them on airships?
Also something I need to know about graphic size, colours and format?

Last edited by Stratos; June 7th, 2011 at 04:58 PM..
Old June 7th, 2011, 07:35 PM

Captain

Cross is on a distinguished road

I don't how you would build units that graphically lose men one by one unless you use existing units that have that feature, and change them. I'd think that feature - for infantry and cavalry - is built into the unit class.

Graphic sizes
Infantry are about 3 to 4 inches per pixel
Soft skinned vehicles vary a lot, but average about 5 inches per pixel
Tanks are about 6 inches per pixel

You may learn a little about graphics/colours from this post:

http://forum.shrapnelgames.com/showthread.php?t=47320

Or use the search feature on this forum, and you will uncover quite a bit of help.

Cross
Old July 9th, 2011, 05:42 PM

Captain

Cross is on a distinguished road

I came across these icons recently, and thought you might be interested in seeing them:

Cross
Old July 12th, 2011, 05:07 PM

Corporal

rfisher is on a distinguished road

Ooooh! They're pretty good! Where did you find them?
I often long for a sci-fi mod for SP as it provides you with a more appealing way of having a game between two sides that have very different attributes like tech level and force size.
Obviously you can do that in the existing game, but mowing down hordes of impoverished armed civilians from a third world country with all the tech of a major western nation can feel a little tasteless.
But if those armed civilians are turned into an angry mob of orcs however.......!
Old July 14th, 2011, 12:52 AM

Sergeant

mkr8683 is on a distinguished road

I farted around with a Star Wars mod early this year and about two years ago. The first one covered the battle of Hoth, and I worked on it while I was in Iraq. Before my laptop permanently ate sh**, I put the files on a thumb drive that got lost into oblivion while I was packing up to come home. That or I forgot it in the internet café and somebody jacked it. I can't tell you how often I've dumped my tuff-boxes looking for that little silver thumb drive.

The second and most recent one was going well until I got the blue screen of death on another laptop I was using. I brought it to a fly-on-the-wall computer repair business run by a bunch of teenagers, who had done good work for me in the past. They fixed the laptop, but neglected to back up all my files, which I had asked them to do. I now realize it was my fault, and I was stupid for not backing things up in the first place. I learned my lesson though, and bought a 1TB external hard drive that I do all my work on. I did manage to find a star destroyer icon I emailed to a buddy a while back. Ah well.. maybe I'll dive back into it one day.
Attached Thumbnails
Click image for larger version

Name:	Star Destroyer.png
Views:	91
Size:	2.4 KB
ID:	11222  
Old September 6th, 2011, 06:12 AM

Private

secretgeek is on a distinguished road

Very interesting icons there Cross (I'm a big 40k fan myself) and I reckon the IG would fit fairly easily into SP but when you start thinking about marines, jump infantry etc I bet it gets a nightmare real quick. Which is a massive shame as I would pay good money to see it!