.com.unity Forums
  The Official e-Store of Shrapnel Games

This Month's Specials

BCT Commander- Save $8.00
winSPWW2- Save $5.00

Go Back   .com.unity Forums > Illwinter Game Design > Dominions 3: The Awakening > Scenarios, Maps and Mods

Old October 22nd, 2011, 09:19 AM

National Security Advisor

Edi is on a distinguished road
Default Re: Faerun 466 - Adventure Map! (UPDATED!)

Quote:
Originally Posted by ronjon View Post
I do not know if Edi even comes on this forum any more, but I am playing the faerun adventure map for the first time, and I am starting in Halruaa, so I have to go through the Nath to go anywhere, and every other commander that goes through gets diseased. Don't know if that is a feature of the map, but if it is it kind of stinks.
Yes, I pop in from time to time.

What you're experiencing is NOT a scripted feature of the map.

What has happened is that you have had a randomly generated site that causes disease in that province. And if nearly half your commanders are getting diseased, my bet is on the Crown of Darkness, since Nath is a mountain province. The Crown of Darkness is a level 4 death site, so you're going to need to Dark Knowledge the province in order to find it. Serious death gem income and a 40% thaumaturgy bonus, but it does have a 10% disease chance. Or Leper Fens since that too has 10% disease.

If you're really unlucky, you may have more than one disease site in the province and each site has its chance rolled independently.
Old December 20th, 2012, 11:11 PM

Private

Azriel is on a distinguished road

I was playing the adventure map and I realized that victory point win was not an option. I took a look at the mod file and the #victorycondition command was missing. Does anyone have any suggestions as to the victory point requirements to win this map There are a total of 100vp scattered about, so I would say the victor needs to conquer the majority of them: (51%, or 51vp) What say you?
Old January 12th, 2013, 09:39 AM

National Security Advisor

Edi is on a distinguished road

You don't need to have the #victorycondition command in the map file to use that. Just select it during game creation.

If the command was added to the map, then it would always be enforced in all games played with that map. I suggest tossing something like 30% to 50% of the VPs as the threshold, or even 20-25%, depending. It's a huge map and you'll run into micromanagement hell with standard conditions.