.com.unity Forums
  The Official e-Store of Shrapnel Games

This Month's Specials

BCT Commander- Save $8.00
winSPWW2- Save $5.00

Go Back   .com.unity Forums > The Camo Workshop > WinSPMBT > Campaigns, Scenarios & Maps
Notices

Old September 5th, 2005, 11:55 AM

Private

Skotty702 is on a distinguished road
Default New scen from Sgt Walrus

Here's a new scen created by Sgt Walrus from NZ. Good little SAS scrap this. He was having trouble posting here so I volunteered. If you downloaded the scen on 9/5/05 before 1130 pacific daylight time, please redo the dl due to the fact I uploaded the wrong file. Sorry.

Cheers
Scott

Here's the brief:
______________The Battle for Mirbat *
___________________UK - Oman *
_______________________vs *
___________________Adoo Rebels *
19 July, 1972 *
Mirbat, Oman.*
Designed By:Sgt Walrus*
22 Turns.*
In the early 1970's the SAS found itself back in Oman as the UK Govenment tried to help Sultan Qabus, the new Omani regent, keep the oil flowing.
The local tribsmen, or Adoo, with the quiet support of Yemen and Egypt, had risen yet again in an attempt to throw off the yoke of monarchy and replace it with the ideals of Marx.*
At dawn on 19th July 1972, a large force of some 250 Adoo rebels attacked the small SAS garrison and supporting Omani Firqats at the Port of Mirbat, Dhofar, southern Oman.*
Captain Mike Kealy, B Squadron 22 SAS, received the Distinguished Service Order that day for his leadership under extreme pressure. Two Military Medals, a posthumous Distingushed Conduct Medal and a posthumous Mentioned in Dispatches amongst the other eight SAS men show how intense this small battle became.*
Can you do as well?
*Your Mission:*
*Hold the Mirbat Fort and BATT House long enough for Omani Air Force Strikemasters (piloted by RAF advisors) to come to your aid.*
*Also, you have been told that G Squadron 22 SAS has been despatched by helo and is roughly 30 minutes away. The Adoo commander was unlucky that his attack coincided with the rotation of the Mirbat garrison. G Sqn happened to be fairly close at hand. These reserves could very well make the difference in your battle.*
Good Luck Commander!
*NOTE:*
*To be played as Player 1 only. NOT made for PBEM*
*I have tried to be as accurate as possible with weapons, names, force balance and the map. Of course I have had to make many changes to history to make this battle run smoothly on winSPMBT. I hope you enjoy it.*
*Your Rover light trucks are imobilised awaiting spare parts, that's whay their movement is set to zero.*
*Watch your ammo, it's all you'll get.*
*Check your unit info as many things have been changed ie. weapons, speeds, ammo, exp, morale, men etc.
Also check the enemy info, I standardised the names somewhat but not the units.*
*Some of your wire is in bad repair.*
*You need to keep your men alive as they are worth big points in this game. Just holding the flags may not get you the victory you expect.*
*Thanks to Skotty 702, Kiwi and Czerpak for playtesting.*
*Information gleaned from various sources online including
http://britains-smallwars.com/*
*Also the Book "Solider I"*
*The Mirbat Gun, an ex-WWII 25pdr is on display at The Museum of the Royal Artillery, Woolwich Arsenal.*

*Dedicated to the memory of Cpl Labalaba (BEM+MiD)
and Trooper Tobin (DCM)*
Attached Files
File Type: zip 377694-252Mirbat.zip (73.3 KB, 302 views)
Old November 1st, 2005, 05:45 AM

Second Lieutenant

WBWilder is on a distinguished road
Default Re: New scen from Sgt Walrus

Bump

Wild Bill Wilder
Independent Game Consultant
Scenario Designer