.com.unity Forums
  The Official e-Store of Shrapnel Games

This Month's Specials

Raging Tiger- Save $9.00
World Supremacy- Save $9.00

Go Back   .com.unity Forums > Illwinter Game Design > Dominions 3: The Awakening > Scenarios, Maps and Mods

Old November 3rd, 2007, 02:26 PM

Lieutenant General

Aezeal is on a distinguished road
Default City wars-Gang wars - map - 1.00 is out

The Story:

"You are a stranger in town, a strong, evil stranger and you want power, LOTS of power. The cityguard could be a way.. a LONG, SLOW way to power, and long and slow just isn't like you. The King isn't going to give you his power either, and you hate him for it already, ow yeah, he'll pay too. And religion.. is not the thing for you, except to be worshipped by your minions as they spread your gangs dominion over the city. Take the power you deserve. And the money. And the lives you need to take to get whatever else you want.TO PLAY THIS GAME:
1. create at least 4 nations
2. use The King, The Church and The Nobility as 3 of those and set them to computer controlled, do not choose The City Guard as a nation.
3. Create a slot for your own nation, set it on human.
4. If you want other gangs competing for power in the city create a maximum of 4 other nations.
5. Use an awake pretender (and some combat qualities might be usefull) as your gangleader carving your name in the annals of the city"
--
All water-nations, MA/LA Ermor and MA Tien Chi are disabled. The nations which are used as the resident powers in the city are MA Pythium/Man/Ulm and Marignon and are thus not playable either.

The Map:
the map looks like this (it's 3000 wide though (4x the size in all directions)

The map is out NOW!! please play it

The general idea behind the map:
You arrive in a city and start to creat a gang (nation) to take it over. The King in his castle obviously has troops too, as do the Church and the Nobility 2 powers already in the city, fighting for control within the city walls. On the gates the City Guard is posting and preventing scum like gangs like yours to enter the city. Obviously the city guard is at peace with everyone... as long as gangs don't try to cross the gates.

--> The map will be is campaign/RP sort of map with a lot of pre-made quarters where specific people live (and fight to prevent you taking it over).
--> You and (if you want) some opposing gangs start outside the walls, to cross the gate means fighting the guards. To cross the gates also means entering the domain of the Church and the Nobility.
--> The king resides in the castle and is happy enough to stay there if undisturbed, but of course.. to be the boss of all means the king cannot be allowed to live. And who doesn't want to live in his nice castle
--> There is a victory point in the Kings castle so playing for VP or cumulative VP is an option too. Personally I think playing for 10-15 cumulative VP would make the end game a nice "King of the Hill" play.

The new file is attached to this post, DL, play and enjoy
Attached Files
File Type: zip 561501-Gang wars map pack 1.01.zip (7.03 MB, 796 views)
In for a whole new sort of game? Then try my scenario map Gang Wars.

Last edited by lch; August 26th, 2008 at 08:03 AM..
The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to Aezeal For This Useful Post:
Old November 3rd, 2007, 02:28 PM

Lieutenant General

Default Re: City wars-Gang wars, a new map + mod ALPHA

Does what I posted above sound interesting?
Well I still need some help in finishing the map.

question:
My City Guard nation starts with quite some troops on chokepoints since the King and Church are allied with them this prevents to much expansion from those 2 nations. That leaves us with the City Guards a bit (starting with 400 troops) overpowered. Is there a way to set them to totally not agressive, not expanding at all. OR to make them allied with the indies?
Attached Images
File Type: gif 561504-gang wars mini.gif (343.9 KB, 391 views)
The Following User Says Thank You to Aezeal For This Useful Post:
Old November 3rd, 2007, 03:33 PM

National Security Advisor

Endoperez is on a distinguished road

Indpendents are nation nr 23 IIRC. If not that, then some other number close to that. I guess it IS possible to make them allies, but they're special in quite a few ways so it might not work as intended.
Old November 3rd, 2007, 03:45 PM

Lieutenant General

Well that is worth a try
Old November 3rd, 2007, 03:51 PM

Lieutenant General

I was setting all province on 1K pop so I wanted to add a startsite to all nations (which generates gold), now when I want to start a game it says startsite problem.. is that because I added a start site to nations with already 4 startsites? Is there another way to make the startnation produce more gold with out giving it 30K pop?
Old November 3rd, 2007, 03:58 PM

National Security Advisor

Endoperez is on a distinguished road

Only if you modded the one of the existing start sites. you could just give the nation two starting sites, the second being "bank" that has no population and no sites other than the one that generates money.
Old November 3rd, 2007, 04:02 PM

Lieutenant General

I fear the problem might be another thing
do you need to use the number or the NAME when adding sites?

for regular sites I've just used the number (but I've not been able to play long enough to see if they are actually there) now I did that again but as I said I now get kicked out the game when pressing the start game button

it's totally unclear to me when I should use ID's and when names can someone please tell me?
Old November 3rd, 2007, 04:49 PM

Lieutenant General

another question: what causes a "bad neighbour" error?
Old November 3rd, 2007, 04:50 PM

Sergeant

Zylithan is on a distinguished road

I always use numbers. I have had errors with names once or twice. But I think its only 4 sites per province. Endoperez's solution sounds good (give each nation a province that is connected to no other nation and gives lots of old).
The only problems with that are:

1. someone could teleport into another person's bank. not a problem if this is SP and you tell people not to cheat.
2. losing your cap wouldnt mean losing your bank. Once again, not a problem if SP I think, because if you lose your cap I'm guessing you start over?
3. you wouldnt get someone else's bank by stealing their cap.

with low population, wont you also have low supplies?

never heard of bad neighbor. my guess is you wrote a number that doesnt exist, or didnt write a number in (like, were supposed to have two numbers and only wrote one)

re: getting kicked out of the game... i dont really know what i'm talking about here.. wasnt there some issue with you and admins a while back? did that get fixed? or maybe i am confused
Old November 3rd, 2007, 04:54 PM

Lieutenant General

forget about the neighbour problem I'm doing stupid things with old maps which was the reason.. there where some province to few on the map I was using. (and still one to much on the good one, but that has been taken care of too..)